navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Trapped...
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Trapped... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PurplePeopleEater
since 2002-01-04
Posts 11

0 posted 2002-06-26 09:50 PM

hmm dont know how this came to be but it did...

Trapped…

Feeling down, as low as I can go
The torment inside me will never show
I hide it to keep me going
Confusion within is deeply flowing

I don’t know what to do now
I want to tell someone, but how
They’ll laugh and show me shame
I’ll be trapped, leaving myself to blame

Going farther into this lonely game
Again it’s me, my heart will claim
Faithful is me no more
My sanity has become a bore

Isolation is my new home
I will now lead myself alone

© Copyright 2002 PurplePeopleEater - All Rights Reserved
songsoftheaftermath
since 2002-06-19
Posts 84
a world of disarray
1 posted 2002-06-26 09:56 PM

this is a very soulful write...i know that there's many of us out there who've felt this way at one point or another...heck i felt that way for so many years of my life...its good to finally have someone to go and vent to if i need to.
but this aint about me its about you...sometimes if you do end up keeping everything inside- you either tend to go psychotic or just explode when that last straw gets pulled out from under you.
i know it can be hard opening up to people...heck its hard opening up to your very best friend sometimes...but you need an outlet...be it someone you know....or a homeless stranger on the street or over the net through poetry....just make sure you let it out and dont keep it inside...its not good for you. you dont have to feel as though youre the only one in the world- carrying the weight that youre carrying upon your shoulders. you dont have to go through whatever youre going through alone...

could the darkness be my friend?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Trapped...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary