navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Are We Just Friends?
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Are We Just Friends? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois

0 posted 2001-12-22 02:47 AM

Please tell me what is going on
Please tell me how you feel
I am falling too fast
I am falling to deep
I want to know if you are for real

One day we are friends
The next we are more
I tell you my secrets
You tell me yours
We talk for hours on end
Sometimes about nothing at all
So are you more than just a friend?

You stare into my eyes
You hold my hand
Falling for you
I definitely did not have planned
Are you playing a game?
Just messing with my mind?
Are you going to be worth the pain?

You mean a lot to me
More than I can say
So this game with you
I simply cannot play

Please cause me no tears
Please do not break my heart
Please just be careful
Because if I lose you
I will completely fall apart

Smile!!  You never know who may be falling in love with it...

© Copyright 2001 Nikki - All Rights Reserved
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
1 posted 2001-12-22 03:13 PM

Hmm.. just like the sittuation I'm in, but mines a bit more complicated.  Oh well.  I like this poem, so in the library it goes!  I hope to see more like it in the future.

Don't Drink and Park!
Accidents may cause People!

gymnast
since 2001-11-18
Posts 80
Scotland.
2 posted 2001-12-22 03:46 PM

I thought this poem was GREAT!!It totally describes a poem that I just wrote to a guy!!  Unfortuntly I'm still waiting for a reply from him!  Hope it all works out!Keep up the good work!!

Sherri
since 2001-12-15
Posts 5

3 posted 2001-12-22 05:46 PM

Oh my god!! I love this poem !It shows just how I am feeling with a guy like this and I just dont understand and he cant explain to me. But this poem is so asome it makes me feel really good. great job on it keep it up!!
Sherri

vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
4 posted 2001-12-22 07:08 PM

Wow, this was really good!! It definitely hit home 4 me, and I can totally understand what you're feeling, because im in such a similar situation.  *sigh* I wish I could give u some motivational advice, but I don't even have any 4 myself!  Good luck with ur situation!  

~*Nikki*~

*~Fighting for your love~*
    *~Is something I cannot do~*
   *~I'm not good enough to win~*
*~And I'm not strong enough to lose~*

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2001-12-23 12:48 PM

Ahh..its so difficult to know when to draw the line between "REALLY CLOSE FRIENDS" and something more...
Just lemme shed some advice for both sides of your options...

<3 Never kiss a friend... If you have deeper feelings never reveal them. You will loose that friend forever <3

<3 * <3 Some people say 'never kiss a friend because that friend will be forever lost', but what if the one person you are looking for is that friend you've never kissed? <3 * <3

So whichever one you agree with you now have a quote to go with you...but i must say i was in the same exact situation when my best guy friend was in love with someone else..i must have written like 20 or more past poems about that if you wanna check it out..but anyway..i decided to finally tell him and we've been going out for almost a year now...so i guess it was the right thing to do but sometimes i dont think it was...i dunno..you have to decide if its worth taking that risk..but i hope that whatever you choose..you are happy

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
6 posted 2001-12-23 09:33 AM

I drew the line at close friends once......then I lost the ones that actually mattered. Go figure

Looks like a tricky situation. You'll find a practical solution though when you think with your head and not with your heart. The moment you allow that giant throbbing thing in your chest to make your decisions is the day you become a solider for heartbreak.

Take care and please remember to reply to others work.

~AF~

If this is all the world has to offer, I want a refund on my life.

crazymin83
since 2001-09-16
Posts 49
Mass
7 posted 2001-12-23 11:49 AM

Hey I like this one, it reminds me of all the guys who use to play with my mind. Merry X-Mas & Happy New Year

"If you can dream it, then you can believe in your dreams. Crazy D"

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
8 posted 2001-12-23 12:57 PM

hmmm this sounds like a poem i wrote a lonnnnng time ago! neways i loved it.
robin

repeat after me and rhonda : TITUS RULES THE EARTH!! ( i saw your sig rhon! lol)

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
9 posted 2001-12-24 12:37 PM

It's hard when you fall for a guy and you don't know if he feels the same way about you.A lot of guys just mess with girls heads so I hope thats not what is happeneing to you because it sucks.So I hope everything works out for you and this is really a great poem.
  Lauren

"I just needed someone to talk to you were just to busy with yourself."-Staind

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
10 posted 2001-12-25 01:33 AM

Wow, Nikki.  I liked this poem.  I hope that it works out with you and this guy.  LoL he's one I actually approve of and that doesn't happen to often.  I love you girl.  Keep writing.

If we're told we're bad, that's the only idea we'll ever have. Maybe if we are surrounded by beauty someday we will become what we see.

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
11 posted 2001-12-26 11:52 AM

Wow, a very hard situation, indeed.  *hugs*  Hang in there.  I would suggest telling this person how you feel.  Find out if he's in love with you... if the feelings are reciprocated.  If they are, then many wishes to the both of you.  Good luck!
I enjoyed this, as always.

--Marie

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the most frustrated people in the world are those who know they're stupid, but keep trying anyway.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Are We Just Friends?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary