navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Rain
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SmileyClar
since 2001-11-23
Posts 16
nowhere anymore

0 posted 2001-12-15 02:12 PM

Rain rain, go away, come again another day

I used to sing,
Now I don’t.

I used to pray,
Now I won’t.

I used to laugh,
Now I cry.

I used to live,
Now I die.

Rain rain, come today, hide my tears, my life’s decay

yeah, randomness. I just sometimes wish things were back to what they used to be like, so simple...

Smiley-Most of the time
Clarinet-All the time

[This message has been edited by SmileyClar (edited 12-15-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 SmileyClar - All Rights Reserved
MindlessPoet
since 2001-04-20
Posts 106
Texas
1 posted 2001-12-15 05:50 PM

that's nice   the poem, of course, not how you feel.  I wish things could be the way they used to be, too, but life goes on.

For now, all I can do is dream.

[Ice Box]
since 2001-12-13
Posts 21
Canada
2 posted 2001-12-15 08:16 PM

SmileyClar  

The famous rhyme at the beginning of the poem reminded me of myself as a child sitting by the window, wanting to go out to play. I thought this suited this poem very well. And I liked how you changed it at the end.
There were a lot of things we used to do that we have forgotten or neglected. Times change, sometimes not always for the best. The only thing we can really do is have the best outlook on things, to be a little more optimisitc. Sometimes, hope isn't enough. If we want it, we gotta do something about it.
The last line where you changed the rhyme around made me think that rain, being a symbolic connotation of sadness, is acting as some kind of hiding place for your own sadness, almost like a double entendre. It made this piece more effective at the end, than if you hadn't put in the last line.

I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hope everything goes well for you in the future. Thanks for sharing!  

[Ice Box]

Cold.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-12-21 02:11 PM

Try finding the beauty in rain
The life it gives together with sunlight
beautiful write, keep em coming

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Rain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary