navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » [Parallel Universe]
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic [Parallel Universe] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
[Ice Box]
since 2001-12-13
Posts 21
Canada

0 posted 2001-12-13 06:00 PM

Parallel Universe

Mirrors
Mirrors
Shattered beyond recognition
Within her dreams
Broken like the glass that
Floating, catching her, and
Spills her blood that runs
Falling into oblivion
Upon her creases like the rivers.
In the dark.

Light
Light
Penetrates the glassy eyes
Watches from the window
Of her stare
Behind the starlit sky
And reaches deep into the
Hidden in the moon
Heart that trembles at the touch.
Afraid.

Reflection
Reflection
Of faithless beauty
Of silent corners
That breaks upon
In another world of
The slightest touch
Two sided figures
Deformed by a single
Line.
Fingerprint.
[Ice Box]

ps- If you read the italics first, you are a dreamer. If you read the normal font first, you are a deep thinker. Just thought I'd let you know. *grin* If you aren't sure, you could try to read it again, and go with what you see first.

Freeze.

© Copyright 2001 [Ice Box] - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-12-13 07:14 PM

a dreamer, deep thinker. hmm and maybe why i liked this MORE... since im considered both and beyond...

anyway about the format its totally creative and awesomely[word?] done. never seen anything like it [yet]

i read it all together then italics alone and standard alone...nonetheless, loved the; thought provoking quite deep piece  

oh WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!  hope to see you post,read and reply often. Cya  

Hey...#25437
What!
You in there?
Yea, im in here.
ok

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2001-12-13 07:44 PM

Welcome, dreamer here LOL that was cool I liked it very much!!   great first post   Please check your email for a special greeting!  
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
3 posted 2001-12-13 11:30 PM

[Ice Box]:

Wow, this is one awesome post. I'M A DREAMER!!! Yeah, go me.

I'd have to say the format was very creative, and the wording was just enough so that it wasn't corny sounding.

I liked the "two edged figure", the way you said it was a line. I can see that. It almost parallels the mirrors at the beginning into two worlds, separated by a line. Very deep.

And welcome to pip! I hope you enjoy it here!

Great stuff!

++ Leah ++

Va pensiero sull' ali dorate...

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-12-14 12:55 PM

Welcome to Passions!!  

Woohoo! I'm a dreamer! hura! *dances*
You've certainly made an impression on me already. This piece rocks. The double piece running through it worked really well and gave it an extra boost.

I hope you love it here to bits like we do and remember to reply as well as post. It's common curtesy if you want to be recognised.  

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more.

~AF~

Caution: Filling is hot.

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2001-12-14 03:35 PM

Wow! Leah put it best, with "two edged figure". I loved the format man! It was very creative, different, and origonal! At first I was confused...lol, I was reading both first, and trying to make sense of it.... I know, I know... blonde roots. Anyways... I'm both... what does that make me???   I loved it. Great first post. Hope you like it here buddy...

Sincerely,
Titus

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
6 posted 2001-12-14 09:36 PM

"Deformed by a single
Fingerprint."

i guess im the only deep thinker here. i loved this ice box!!!..this is SUCH an awesome first post. i cant wait to read more of your poetry *greedily asks* MORE!!

WELCOME Ice Box!

i hope you really enjoy your stay and share MORE and MORE of your work...youve seriously got me all excited by this post. im REALLY looking forward to reading more.

....but wanting a gold one  

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
7 posted 2001-12-14 10:43 PM

*click*

....but wanting a gold one  

[Ice Box]
since 2001-12-13
Posts 21
Canada
8 posted 2001-12-15 08:37 PM

[anonymous albert ?]- You're considered both a dreamer and a deep thinker? How deep can you go? *smile* We could do a psychological limbo...hehe. I think that's awesome. Thanks for your comments!

[SEA]- I'm glad you liked it!   And thank you for the greeting card. *smile*

[chasing rain]- Hahaha, I like your little "The world is mine" thing. *laugh* Thanks for your in-depth view! I'll see ya around, ne?

[anonymousfemale]- So many anonymous people...hehe. Thanks for commenting, and don't worry, I'll reply to other poems. *grins*

[PoetryIsLife]- I think a lot of people liked the format. *smile* Although, it was a bit tough trying to make it understandable and sensible. lol, blond roots. I think we all have 'em, even if we aren't blond. *smile* Thanks for stopping by!

[cherish]- I'm pretty sure you're not the only deep thinker here.   You really think it's awesome? ME TOO! Hehe...okay, going back into humble mode here. *Ahem* I'll see if I have enough time to post another, what with evil finals and all. But thanks for the encouragement!

And to anyone else who might stop by, thank you very much!

[Ice Box]

Snow.

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

9 posted 2001-12-24 06:30 PM

a "psychological limbo" you say; HMmmMMm. you trying to persaude me in doing something? *thinks* BRING IT ON!!! lol *jingles*

Hey...#25437
What!
You in there?
Yea, im in here.
ok

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
10 posted 2001-12-24 06:49 PM

wow this is really good, I really enjoyed the read... apparantly I'm a deep thinker... err... what was I saying?.... oh well great work hope to see more of you around here

Zu

If I gave you $1 for every reply you might be rich, but looking at your post count I think not.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » [Parallel Universe]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary