navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Last Post- "Untitled"
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Last Post- "Untitled" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada

0 posted 2001-12-09 05:58 PM

I turn around, to look behind
At the leaves that've fallen there.
The road that led me far beyond
Has somehow disappeared.
I've left the path, to search alone
For another chance to fly
The only thing that holds me back
Is that I must say goodbye.
The snow has fallen, crystal clean
Upon the barren ground
The trees are dusted light with frost
A dream we all have found.
But every other dream has gone
We're left with one last chance
To find a way to make them true
One last wish to dance.
Each friend I've met I've grown to love
As a flower in full bloom
When the rain falls softly, tender, sweet
I'll remember each of you.
The summer comes with sunny days
And kites flown in the wind
A journey ends, but my dear friends...
Another one begins.

+ + + + +

Well, as you have probably already guessed, I'm leaving PIP. For good? I don't know. All I know is that right now, I'm unable to reply or to post any more poems for the next long while because of committments I've long ignored.

I apologize to those I've never met, or to those whose poetry I've never had the chance of reading. As well, I apologize to those who've been close to me as any other friend has. You've all been so supportive over the past 8 months, and I'm so sorry for leaving you all. Each of you has blessed me with your friendship. The hardest part is saying goodbye. But hey, my e-mail still exists, so e-mail me! ^_^; I won't disappear from the internet completely...hehe. Horrid thought. *shudder*

If I do come back, I'll drop you guys a "line". Hahaha, get it? Line, poetry...ah, nevermind. o_O; I didn't understand that anyways...

The world will never fade, even if you close your eyes...even if you forget. Your existence will not be forgotten.

++ Leah ++

Va pensiero sull' ali dorate...

© Copyright 2001 chasing rain - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2001-12-09 06:05 PM

Damn! Very good.   You expressed the picture in your mind beautifully. It's sad to see you go! But I can truely understand the other commitments thing. Good luck! God bless...

Sincerely,
Titus

knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
2 posted 2001-12-09 09:32 PM

I'm sorry to see you leaving leah. You had always been one of my favourite reads here. I think you did an excellent job on this poem. You've always been a beautiful writer. I hope everything turns out for the best and I hope you keep writing. Keep that muse in line and don't stray from PIP too far. Im sure we'll all miss you and reading your work. Best of luck and hope to see you in here again.
tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

I know Im not perfect but I can smile
& I hope that you c this heart behind my tired eyes

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
3 posted 2001-12-10 06:04 AM

It's a truely beautiful poem you wrote.
sad to see you leave just as i start posting agian but oh well good luck with it all and hope to see you back.

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-12-10 07:59 AM

What a beautiful piece, Leah. It is so sad that you're going, though. I'll miss your presence around here. You're a talent that will definitely be missed. *sighs*

Make sure you keep writing. Don't ever stop because you're too good to stop.  

Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed the read.

~anonymousfemale~

"When I eat I feel. It is better if I don't feel, I am too afraid." - Ellen West

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 posted 2001-12-10 11:36 AM

Sweetie...   I... I...
Oh, hell!  

This poem is a beautiful last post.  It's very optimistic, but so sad, knowing the reason of it's post.  Leah, you are such a great person, and you have a large heart with lots to offer.  Please don't forget any of your buds back here, and when you decide to come back home, we'll be welcoming you with open arms.

Your poetry will be missed bunches!  You have lots of talent to share with others, so, please, never stop writing or sharing.  And never forget how beautiful you are, inside and out!  Aargh.. I feel like I'm saying goodbye forever, when I certainly hope that's not the case...

I understand completely the need to leave this place.  Even sanctuaries can become too much, eh?  Take as much time as you need.  And pop in every now and then just to say a quick hey.

Expect an email soon!    I'm never going away... Mua ha ha ha!

Hang in there, sweetie.   (<-- I love these new smilies!!)  *ahem*  

Anyway, please don't stay away forever.

I'll miss you very, very, much.  

--Marie

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the most frustrated people in the world are those who know they're stupid, but keep trying anyway.

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
6 posted 2001-12-10 01:00 PM

i have really enjoyed reading the work of someone as talented as yourself.  your writing will be missed and i wish you luck in everything you do until i see something from you again.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
7 posted 2001-12-10 05:56 PM

U will be missed very much   i wish you werent going i always enjoyed your poetry so much...i hope you come back to us  

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

8 posted 2001-12-11 01:15 AM

[again] your piece shows one of the most beautiful quailties in a poem...that is the beauty of imagery.

i know wherever you go...you'll make anyone smile and and with yoru poetry make them take pleasure in yoru gift.

and as they say all good things come to an end...so is this. take care of yourself...precious poet.

Hey...#25437
What!
You in there?
Yea, im in here.
ok

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2001-12-21 12:39 PM

Hey Leah ---- NO!!!! you are definitely no leaving
You are not gonna deprive us of reading your masterpieces
That is not right
STAY!!! STAY!!! STAY!!!
arghhhhhhhhh...............

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Last Post- "Untitled"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary