navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » loneliness
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic loneliness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
boo
since 2001-11-29
Posts 7

0 posted 2001-11-29 07:54 PM

Well this is for a friend who recently died (tuesday)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was there when you needed to talk,
You were there when I wanted to walk,
And now I cant see you ever again.
Why cant I understand this?
You were my best friend of almost 4 years and ex of 2.
I cant help crying eveynight since I heard,
It all just seems so obsurd.
Maybe its because I cant go and say goodbye.
Maybe its because You're now the one who made me cry. I miss you so much and now I cant tell you what you mean to me.
Why didnt I see?
I thought it would all be ok Monday,
and now look. I have so much depression, mom thinks Im going insane.
Can this really be true? That I have lost you? That I'll never see you again?
I dont want to believe it...but my heart tells me differently.
As I lay there trying to sleep I drift off and wake up half an hour later with my pillow wet. Knowing that I have been crying and have woken myself up.
I dont deal well with pain, so why do I hafta go thru this again? Weren't two deaths enough?
I never did get to say good-bye to the first two and now Im being told I cant say good-bye to you.
Mom says it'll be even harder to look at you like that, but I believe it will give my heart rest to say good-bye.
Wont someone tell me why you had to die?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Im not good at dealing with pain so I write...Im not that good at it yet...but some of my poems have gotten me in trouble at school. They thought something was wrong at home. Ill hafta post them later.

© Copyright 2001 boo - All Rights Reserved
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
1 posted 2001-11-29 08:46 PM

Wow...What an awsome first post and it was a very touching tribute to your friend.It's hard losing someone so close to you and I've been through it so I know.I hope in time the pain heals but i'm not going to lie it will take awhile and if you ever need to talk you can always e-mail me.
  Lauren

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2001-11-29 09:13 PM

Welcome...this is such a heartfelt write...I think you did an excellent job of expressing your heart. Welcome to the family  
Please check your email for a special greeting   ~SEA

Yoda
since 2001-11-28
Posts 19

3 posted 2001-11-29 09:30 PM

Death just invokes some of the most complex, sad, and utterly confusing emotions. I'm very sorry that you had to go through something like this. It's good though that you are writing to help you deal with the pain. Keep writing. It'll really help you grow. As for the poem, I liked it. You spoke very honestly and clearly about your thoughts and emotions. Thanks for sharing.

You know its been a good day when you come home, realize you forgot your key again, and decide to climb through the doggie door instead of complaining

NathanS
since 2001-09-27
Posts 106
CA
4 posted 2001-11-29 09:35 PM

Wow!
That was a really emotion filled poem, I am deeply sorry for the tradegy you are facing. This poem is outstanding, i could really feel the emotion flow from this. Excellent first write.

-Dreys

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
5 posted 2001-11-29 10:39 PM

Welcome boo!

i thought that that might cheer you up just a tiny bit. its so sad knowing that youre suffering such a huge loss. i do understand the need to let all of what youre feeling out. i think that this poem served its purpose well. i hope you do get to give your last goodbyes, closure is  much needed  when youre in a situation like that. be well.
i hope you enjoy your stay here, im looking forward to reading more of your poetry

i luve mi con-tray! lyke a big an brown stetch olan wiv losa sun!

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
6 posted 2001-11-30 12:04 PM

Boo,

Please accept my deepest apologies on the loss of your friend. I know that doesn't begin to help, but one thing that I hope will help is your posting this poem here and finding so many wonderful and nice people to become friends with. Many of us whom may know what you are going through.  I hope you do enjoy your stay here.

Dawn

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
7 posted 2001-11-30 12:30 PM

losing people close to you is the worst feeling in the world.  writing helps and people help when you can talk about it.  you did a good job expressing yourself in this piece.  welcome to passions.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-11-30 01:42 PM

I'd like to say that your poem here was full of emotion and power. I think you wrote this finely. My condolences about your friend, many of us have gone through the same. I know I have 3 times over.
A little tip before posting your other poetry that had problems in school: Before posting if you haven't read the Passions Guidelines I suggest you do so   It would improve your stay here immensely.
I hope to see you post more in the future. I enjoyed this poem and good luck.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Zukene_Chic
since 2001-09-26
Posts 152
Cali
9 posted 2001-11-30 06:42 PM

First of all: Good wrrite. I liked it. Secondly: I'm sorry that your friend died. I cant tell what your going through, but I have an idea from my own experiences. We're all here if you need to talk. If not, we'll talk to you anyways ^^
vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
10 posted 2001-11-30 09:04 PM

Writing can be a very good outlet for dealing with pain, as it seems you've found out.  It seems like you've been dealing with more than one person should have 2 handle.  I'm so sorry for the loved ones that you have lost, and this much be such a difficult time for you.  I sincerely hope that things improve, and just remember that they live on inside of you.  

~*Nikki*~

*~Fighting for your love~*
    *~Is something I cannot do~*
   *~I'm not good enough to win~*
*~And I'm not strong enough to lose~*

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
11 posted 2001-12-03 01:44 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!!!!!!

Im so sorry to hear that someone you know just recently died..especially someone you were so close too..someone i was very close to recently died monday actually...so i understand the feeling of loss that your going through...::hugs::..i hope to read more from you in the near future..welcome again!

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » loneliness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary