navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sky...
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sky... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ForeverMyOwn
since 2001-11-23
Posts 13
Brighton, MI

0 posted 2001-11-24 11:22 AM

A fire burns,
a shadow falls.
A wolf returns,
an eagle calls.
But through my eyes,
all i see.
A worl of lies,
leading to me.

Evil, real evil, is the taking of a human life. Whether a  man would be dying, even eventually… it doesn’t matter. If God does exist… this life, every

© Copyright 2001 James Bicknell - All Rights Reserved
-Myriad-
since 2001-11-24
Posts 6
Canada
1 posted 2001-11-24 05:02 PM

A dark poem: quite short, but to the point. The rhyme scheme was done well, although simple. The only suggestions I have aren't major ones, so feel free to ignore me, as I too, am somewhat new to PIP:

1/ Punctuation and spelling are important to most poems. Punctuation helps the poem flow, and lets the reader make sense of it. Spelling is also a small factor that even I can have trouble with. *grumble* If these two are done correctly in a poem, the entire structure looks neater, and it will be easier to read and understand. Of course, there are exceptions...

2/ The last line was a bit off, flow-wise. Maybe you could try: "That leads to me" or something along those lines. Try playing around with it. Syllables and stresses are complex things to work with in a poem, but once you've mastered that concept, your poem will definately flow better. If you don't know what I mean, I'd be happy to explain. Just let me know. *smiles*

Other than that, the poem was well done. Keep up the writing!  

-Myriad-

Infinitum

ForeverMyOwn
since 2001-11-23
Posts 13
Brighton, MI
2 posted 2001-11-24 06:24 PM

thank you very much. i was thinking about something different for the end, but i guess i just didn't think enough. *chuckles* and for the spelling, my keyboard is acting up, so it isn't all my fault, but thanks again!

-Jim

Evil, real evil, is the taking of a human life. Whether a  man would be dying, even eventually… it doesn’t matter. If God does exist… this life, every

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
3 posted 2001-11-24 10:19 PM

Forever,

This is indeed a deep, dark poem. I liked it though.

Dawn

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2001-11-29 12:43 PM

just hoping things do go your way soon
thanks for sharing, keep em coming

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
5 posted 2001-11-29 01:53 PM

The short lines in this really keep the flow of this good, sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go.  i think you have a good base if you wanted to do a little more with this.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
6 posted 2001-11-29 11:31 PM

very well done. i liked this one bunches...keep writing poet....

i luve mi con-tray! lyke a big an brown stetch olan wiv losa sun!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Sky...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary