navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Halfway
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Halfway Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Square Paraboloid
since 2001-11-06
Posts 8

0 posted 2001-11-06 03:18 PM

a longing rests in calloused hands
  his churning reverie
a daylight myth whose summer's breach
  recalls those magma creams
he swoons below a silent breath
  and meets the light halfway.

November the sixth.

I am trying to get better at writing poetry. I am very excited about reading your art.

A Square Paraboloid

[This message has been edited by A Square Paraboloid (edited 11-06-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Tanya Asche - All Rights Reserved
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
1 posted 2001-11-06 03:46 PM

WELCOME!!  

You've come to the right place   (isnt that a relief) haha This was an excellent first post. Very deep. i'm anxious to read more! Hope you enjoy it here  

*dq

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-11-06 04:41 PM

Well written, love of my life.  I'm glad that you decided to come and join me in this place, now I feel a bit less nervous with someone to hold my hand.
Welcome to Passions.  

Theo

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
3 posted 2001-11-06 05:20 PM

Welcome to Passions! Very good first post. Very deep.very interesting. Thanx for reading my post by the way. hope to see more soon.
Jon

"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur
"Sometimes it takes a painful loss to realize you are free"- Bouncing Souls

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
4 posted 2001-11-06 10:07 PM

Okay...What Local said made me go "Awww"...hehe

ANYWAY  

WELCOME TO PIP!

This was an eye-popping first post...Very well done indeed. I'll be here, squirming in my chair till I get to see more...HeHeHe...
Thanks for the read.  

-Jesa

Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.

Crash&Burn
since 2001-01-18
Posts 119

5 posted 2001-11-06 10:26 PM

first of welcome to pip, secondly I see you have alot of raw talent, yet I believe your being shy in reaching your true potenltial or at least showing it to us, so come on hand it over  . This is a excelent piece short and it certanly sparks the mind to ponder on your words, I must admit I read it a couple of times to fully appreciated it. I hope to see a longer more elaborated piece from you, best of luck.

I see the darkness coming all is bleak...

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
6 posted 2001-11-06 10:28 PM

Hi, Welcome to pip my name is Branden and i used to be cool around here but hmmmm i went away for a long time hehe but im back with much love, i liked this poem 2 it was fun to read

All you other poets beware my true feelings and poetry are about to flare!
~*~Branden~*~

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2001-11-06 10:44 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!

what a wonderful first post...i like it. nice wordings with simple format...hope to see you read, share and reply more.

=)

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-11-07 01:38 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its so nice to have you here w/us   I enjoyed your first post..it was really good and im looking forward to reading more from you in the i hope near future...once again, welcome!

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
9 posted 2001-11-07 01:43 PM

Very well done. Welcome to PIP. Can't say as I understand this completely, but it sounds good from my corner of the world. Seems you already know someone around here huh? Ain't love grand?  

I look forward to more.  
Jenn

"I want love on my own terms; after everything I've ever learned. Me, I carry too much baggage..."

A Square Paraboloid
since 2001-11-06
Posts 8

10 posted 2001-11-07 05:00 PM

Thank you everyone for your welcoming replies! They are appreciated greatly. I especially enjoyed all those smileys!
And Theo, thank you for suggesting this place to me. I am glad I listened to you for once.  

A Square Paraboloid

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
11 posted 2001-11-07 07:47 PM

Firstly, I'd like to welcome you to PIP! ^_^ I hope you become addicted to here as much as some people here have *cough* ^^;
Speaking of addictions...
*realizes that has nothing to do with anything*
Guh.
Anyways...your poem.

"a longing rests in calloused hands
  his churning reverie"
A churning reverie...beautifully said. It's almost like a beautiful thing wrapped within something not quite as pretty, ne? ^_^;

"a daylight myth whose summer's breach
  recalls those magma creams"
I like your metaphor of daylight. I have to admit though...the "magma creams" part reminded me of ice cream...o_O; Oh dear...

"he swoons below a silent breath
  and meets the light halfway.""
I'm trying to interpret what this means...*thinks* A very abstract thought. I'm just trying to decipher it...*likes those kind of poems* ^_^
I think you did an extremely good job with this one, and I'm impressed as this is your first post. It's nice to see something different on teen. You definately have a spark! I look forward to seeing more from you. By the way, I like your name. ^___^ hehehe.

++ Leah ++

Va pensiero sull' ali dorate...

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
12 posted 2001-11-07 07:55 PM

Great first poem I really liked it keep up the great work.
  Lauren

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
13 posted 2001-11-08 08:11 AM

Hey I really liked your work, hope to read more soon  

"The feelings are replaced, And the words have all decayed, But it's another day ,it's another day" - My Vitriol "The gentle art of choking"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2001-11-09 02:56 AM

I enjoyed your first poem and surely hope for more. The style was much different than usual, but very well taken. I liked it.
Welcome to passions.
check your mail for a special message.

Dopey_Dope/Moderator

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
15 posted 2001-11-09 07:02 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!  

I'm really glad that you decided to post this, because I liked it alot!! Hope to see more from you!!  

~*Nikki*~

~*I'd rather you hate me for what I am than love me for what I'm not.*~

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
16 posted 2001-11-16 05:14 AM

tanya this was wonderful!..but i had no idea what you were talking about . perhaps if i read it over and over and over again i might begin to understand.. i loved the imagery you used though- very vivid ( but too complex for the three hardworking dust particles in my skull )

oh and my manners have begun to kick in:

Welcome Girly!

i REALLY REALLY hope you stay and share more. YOU'RE GOOD!

BUM!

Alyssa
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-30
Posts 385
IM ENGAGED!!!!!
17 posted 2001-11-17 06:03 PM

How did u get that colored writing in there?! i cant figure that out...
anyways I like you rfirst post mucho!

I LuV 2 fReAk out saLEpeEpZ. ThEy AsK me If tHey CaN heLp Me, & I sAy,'HaVe U gOT NEthINg Id like?'TheN thEy aSk mE wuT sIZe I sAy "X-tr MedIuM"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Halfway

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary