navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I like those walks
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I like those walks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~gretchenp34~
since 2001-10-08
Posts 46
Ohio, USA

0 posted 2001-10-25 06:24 PM

I like those walks,
those strolls,
just being with you
and never having to pay a toll...

No pressure,
just pride,
being glad to have you
right by my side...

Open up our minds,
say what is within,
thats how a frienship
will truelly win...

Hold me when I'm down
wipe away my tears,
I put faith towards you
to calm me from my fears

Our relationship
is just like the wind,
continuing on forever,
without an end...

this is for one of my new friends...me and my old best friend got into a huge huge fight a couple weeks ago....she no longer speaks to me and wont claim me as a friend....so really, she isnt a friend. the funny thing is---i dont know what i dont know what i did wrong....and she doesnt either. (i hate to say this, but i think she is still jealous...i started varsity as a freshman this year and did well. shes 6'1...and im 5'8, what does that tell ya?) she called me every possible name, and said i was stuck up, yah she insulted me pretty good. so im movin on and forming new and better relationships with ppl who wont backstab me.  

Love is like learning to play the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play by your heart.  

© Copyright 2001 Gretchen - All Rights Reserved
Missthang
since 2001-07-03
Posts 103

1 posted 2001-10-25 06:33 PM

i'm sorry to hear about you and your "old bestfriend". it's good that you have found someone else to replace her...actually i don't like using the word replace so i will say....i'm glad you found someone else who will be there for you. :-P and true friends are forever...always remember that. good post.

*The heart is a house for love*

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2001-10-25 09:25 PM

Losing a friend can be hard. Making a new friend can be even harder! Great write, thanks for the read!

It takes more work to love myself than to love others... I guess that explains it, eh?

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2001-10-26 10:07 AM

Its never easy losing a friend...and im sorry that your going through this, but its good you found comfort i another one of your friends...i liked the poem..hope things get better for you ::hugs::

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-10-27 12:12 PM

Losing friends is always a pain in the ass but you'll get through it. If she's jealous of your success, she really isn't worth the time.

Nice piece and thanks for sharing. Remember to reply also.

~AF~

Maybe I'm just a girl...interrupted.

NathanS
since 2001-09-27
Posts 106
CA
5 posted 2001-10-27 03:01 PM

That stinks that you lost a good friend. I can understand how you feel, its difficult finding someone to replace the person as well, sometimes its not even possible. Also, sometimes the best solution is to be the stronger one and simply ask the person to forgive you even if neither of you know what the other did- if the person doesn't forgive you- then its apparent that the person wasn['t your best friend.
Great write!!
Good luck!

-Dreys

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I like those walks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary