navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Strength
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Strength Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA

0 posted 2001-10-22 12:40 PM

Crumbling fortesses
Seen within my eyes
Bitter sweet tears
Fall from the stark sky
I finally let you go
It was your time
No longer bound
To this prison of lies
My soul aches
For what you have done
I thought you would forever be my confident
No longer
Will your sweet voice
Echo thru these chamber walls
No longer will you make my soul crumble and fall
And no longer
Will I be upon my knees
Begging God to grant your wretched soul mercy

"Let me be the one you call, if you jump I'll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night"

~Crash and Burn~

© Copyright 2001 Kristen Brandon - All Rights Reserved
Missthang
since 2001-07-03
Posts 103

1 posted 2001-10-22 02:41 PM

wow, i like it. it contains a lot of emotion. may i ask what was the reason behind you writing this one. i'm a bit confused about why you had to let her go (if you understand me). but good job!

*The heart is a house for love*

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2001-10-22 07:10 PM

Ohhh, ouch. especially the last part
"And no longer
Will I be upon my knees
Begging God to grant your wretched soul mercy"

Good expression, keep it up!

If you define cowardice as running away, tripping and screaming at the first sign of danger, then yes, Mister Brave Man, I guess I am a coward.

holatuwol
since 2001-04-27
Posts 72
California, USA
3 posted 2001-10-22 07:43 PM

*whistles*  Pretty bitter poem we have on our hands here... you could almost feel the ending coming from the onset.  ^^  Lots of dark bitterness put into this poem, and yet at the same time, it's one of those poems that doesn't wrench and tear your heart out but rather tears it out delicately and serves it on a silver platter at the very end.

I love the effect here... I think you did a good job with this one.  You might want to consider changing 'confident' to 'confidant' since I *think* that's the word that you were aiming for.  And the word "through" should be spelled out entirely... o.o;  I'm not sure whatever effect you were trying when you spelled it "thru," but the poem stopped at that point and the entire line died because of the spelling.

Beyond that, I don't think there's anything I can say... this poem was total awesomeness in the emotions it portrayed and really is something that's easy to sympathize with, as well as something that provides lots of shock effect and internal reflection. ^_^  *thumbs up*  Thanks for the read.

- holatuwol

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
4 posted 2001-10-23 09:31 AM

Very well expressed.  I hope things work out for you.  

Jenn

"I want love on my own terms; after everything I've ever learned. Me, I carry too much baggage..."

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2001-12-21 04:04 PM

I'm sorry to see you go thru this
I'm just glad you know when to let go
Thanks for sharing

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

6 posted 2001-12-24 07:43 PM

"Will I be upon my knees
Begging God to grant your wretched soul mercy" WOW. this a VERY bitter poem with beautiful emotion protrayal. me likes.

Hey...#25437
What!
You in there?
Yea, im in here.
ok

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
7 posted 2001-12-25 12:11 PM

WHoa...im not at all shur what to say to this poem..it was unbelievable!!! Bitter sweet...

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

prov1717
since 2001-12-26
Posts 74
NE
8 posted 2001-12-26 03:01 AM

excellent!! i like it.
Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
9 posted 2001-12-26 12:59 PM

"And no longer
Will I be upon my knees
Begging God to grant your wretched soul mercy"

Wow... that ending blew me away.  Very intersting.  I'm sorry you're having to go through this.  No one deserves it.  I hope things look up for you soon.
Well done!

--Marie

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the most frustrated people in the world are those who know they're stupid, but keep trying anyway.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Strength

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary