navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Untitled
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada

0 posted 2001-10-13 08:16 PM

The burning of a flaming fire
Glared blue from scathing coals
The midnight of the moon inspired
The wind of passing souls.

The trickl'ing mist upon the ground
Did melt the biting frost
Posessed by eyes of twilight found
And skies of starlight lost.

The earthen thought did tread among
The heart of forests green
Yet somewhere far beyond, a song
Was sung, but lips unseen.

A scarlet rose among the thorns
Did prick a blushing hand
And bleed, it did, the skin adorned
With red and crimson bands.

The sands that clothed the world in gold
Were wasted, faded dreams
And love was lost, and hate behold
The tears of one was seen.

So light be gone, and dark ignite
The eyes that watched afar
For skies and stars are there to spite
The hopes and dreams we are.

+ + + + +
Well, another poem has come and gone...Not much to say about this except that it was a pain in the neck. Well, enjoy this evil poem...

++ Leah ++

Va pensiero sull' ali dorate...

[This message has been edited by chasing rain (edited 10-13-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 chasing rain - All Rights Reserved
NathanS
since 2001-09-27
Posts 106
CA
1 posted 2001-10-13 10:04 PM

I am not one that generally goes for "evil poems" but you did an excelent job on this poem  
Thanks for the read!

-Dreys
The cow jumped over the moon, and i held onto his tail

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2001-10-13 11:59 PM

Evil? I thought it was good... Maybe I got a different interpretation (nice spelling, hey?), but I did like it! How come everyone can rhyme but me?

If you define cowardice as running away, tripping and screaming at the first sign of danger, then yes, Mister Brave Man, I guess I am a coward.

Knight of Secrecy
since 2001-10-12
Posts 113
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-10-14 12:13 PM

Cool poem, nice words used in it.

silvrduck
since 2000-11-05
Posts 146

4 posted 2001-10-14 12:46 PM

This right here, is an amazing poem...

*the chains which once held us are only the chains which we've made*
~jewel

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

5 posted 2001-10-15 05:02 PM

rym and way you discribed and written such images...it was dream-like esp with the entire piece in italics...thanks for the journey through Leahs mind...LOL.

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 10-15-2001).]

AngelPoet87
since 2001-04-21
Posts 280
Indy
6 posted 2001-10-15 05:51 PM

WOW
quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
7 posted 2001-10-16 12:00 PM

mmmmmmmm yum.

best read so far today.

good job.

- jen

so foul and fair a day i have not seen.  - macbeth act 1, scene 3

holatuwol
since 2001-04-27
Posts 72
California, USA
8 posted 2001-10-16 05:21 AM

"... And so the world troubles themselves over what to say about nothing ..."  Hee!  Now there's a quote which seemed to fit the poem in terms of mood, at least... a little bit dark and pessimistic on the outlook, but it seemed more like painting dark images than experiencing them, which made it less dark and more pretty.  Does that make sense?  Eh!  It doesn't need to make sense.

The poem seemed to drift a lot and had the appearance of talking about nothing, but the images painted were so pretty, it really doesn't need to make any amount of sense or anything because it seemed like the main idea was to paint something in the minds of the reader, which it did extremely well with really pretty choices of words which really made the poem stand out.

The ending of the poem has the same feel as the rest of the poem... low key, image painting, but it seemed conclusive in the way that it leaves the reader unsatisfied and yet with the knowledge that it's over and there's definitely nothing that follows it no matter how incomplete it somehow feels. ^^  Certainty and uncertainty... it's as though paradoxes and dark images painted against light backgrounds is what makes this poem flow so well... albeit in a pseudo-cyclic fashion.

And it's not a freakin' love poem... x_X;  Dude, I swear, I'm getting so tired of the love poems that any poem which isn't oriented towards lovey-dovey mushiness gets major bonus points! ^_^  Keep on writing, Leah.  This piece was a definite keeper and painted some really memorable images that will stick in your mind for some time to come, especially the one in the first stanza with the flame and the coal (my favorite part next to the sugoi ending).  Anyhows, until next time, catch you later on AIM.  hehehe ^_^v  Ja!

- holatuwol

fozzyozzy
since 2001-03-15
Posts 336
Lessburg Virginia
9 posted 2001-10-16 11:04 PM

A scarlet rose among the thorns
Did prick a blushing hand
And bleed, it did, the skin adorned
With red and crimson bands.

Yowza what a great stanza, but then again, its a great poem.  You have such a unique talent for rhyming.

"and Death i think is no paranthesis"-e.e. cummings

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
10 posted 2001-10-17 04:05 AM

Great work, I really enjoyed the read this is my favourite of yours so far one for the library me thinks  

Andrew

"Ph33r Me I eat N00bies Ph0R bReakFAsT"
- Replying might be your only hope of getting noticed -

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
11 posted 2001-10-17 06:36 PM

NathanS/Dreys: It's not evil in the sense of the content being evil...it's more like...evil because it was a pain in the butt to write...Bah. Thanks for reading, though! ^^ Glad you enjoyed it!

Skyfire: "interpretation"? I would've spelled it that way too...hmmm...*throws a dictionary at people who are good at spelling* FOR SHAME!!! ^^ And you can rhyme! It just takes evil practice...

Knight of Secrecy: Glad you liked the words...but the "nice words" were the only reason why I couldn't get this done.

silvrduck: Which way is right? oO; hehe...thanks for commenting! ^^

Albish Einstein: Dream? More so than not. Journey through my mind? Hehe...did you bring a barf bucket? LOL. And thank YOU for your encouragement...from beginning...to end...

AngelPoet87: That's what I said too, when I saw all the cookies on the kitchen table...^_^ hehe. Thanks for stopping by!

quietlydying: And that's what I said after I ate them all...hehe. Best one you read so far? I wish...I still need a bit more work, but thank you. ^__^

MC: lol, your replies are always so long! ^^; I didn't know you were so fond of my critique message, hehe. Yes, it was drifty, but I have problems sticking to one plot line throughout. Then again...I am all over the place. I'll have to work on that. You have a thing for the word "pretty", lol. Just like my thing for the word "cute". oO;
And nothing needs to make sense! If everything in this world made sense, well...you wouldn't be trying to take over the world, and I wouldn't have my TI-89 (and I'd be passing grade 10 math...o_O Know what? You picked up on things I never would have picked up from my own poems...yeesh you. lol.  
And yes, it's not a love poem. Glad you figured that one out, eh? ^_^
Sugoi? What? oO; You and your words...lol. Thanks for your encouragement, comments, and your sense of humour! Always a pleasure talking to you!

FozzySean: Yowza, eh? lol...I only see that word in comics. ^_^ But nonetheless, I'm greatful to you, as well as to everyone else for commenting on my "stuff". Thank you for your presence at PIP, and for your admiration and encouragement...they will not go to waste. ^_^

ScoobyZu: As it is an enjoyment for you to read my pieces, it is my enjoyment to read yours as well. Thanks for reading! ^_^ (Libraries rool)

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
12 posted 2001-10-18 01:45 PM

"The burning of a flaming fire
Glared blue from scathing coals
The midnight of the moon inspired
The wind of passing souls."

i absoluetly loved how this poem flowed and sounded! The way you describe things were chilling...i loved it!

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

baby0508
since 2001-05-16
Posts 58
Moodus, Connecticut
13 posted 2001-10-19 01:25 PM

That was a really well worded poem..great job.

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
14 posted 2001-10-20 06:29 AM

Wow Leah! This is great. By far one of the best pieces you have written. The last stanza was simply outstanding. It brought everything together well and leave enough space for thought. I couldn't help but agree with it. That is why they are there. Damn them.

Keep these great writes coming. I look forward to each and every one of them.    

~AF~

Maybe I'm just a girl...interupted.

[This message has been edited by anonymousfemale (edited 10-20-2001).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2001-11-02 09:41 AM

I want your brain  

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary