navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Un-Fairweather Friend
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Un-Fairweather Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine

0 posted 2001-07-02 06:37 PM

The Un-Fairweather Friend

She used to be there
for better or for worse,
but that was back when
there weren't so many
trying times in life.
Now she's only there for you
when times are rough
and it makes her life look better.
When you are full of complete happiness
she can only mock you,
and the only emotion she can feel
toward you is jealousy.
So until you are down again,
don't expect to see her around.

© Copyright 2001 Justine - All Rights Reserved
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
1 posted 2001-07-02 06:54 PM

Wow...well I understand this feeling too. It seems as though it's the talk-show syndrome. I watch Ricki-lake and Jerry Springer every so often to make my life seem more normal. haha
Nice Work
Jenn

"Woah my love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch a long, lonely time"- Unchained Melody

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
2 posted 2001-07-02 07:30 PM

LMAO@Jenn... I thought I was the only one who did that.
ANYWAY!
I'm guessing this is a retaliation poem to the one sugarpie posted??? I just remember reading your reply to her poem so it kinda clicked. (Then again, I analyze to much.) Aside from all that I loved it. I hate friends like that. You showed your feelings well. Great Write! Keep posting!  

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 posted 2001-07-02 11:05 PM

HAHA, Jenn!  Ditto...

This is a good poem, filled with angery emotions.  However, is this is directed to someone in these forums, then maybe you should leave the arguments outside these threads and settle it on your own before bringing it here.

I enjoyed this, though, and if this is not a retaliation, then I do apologize.  Nice work.

--Marie

You can’t expect the roses to grow without the weeds.

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

4 posted 2001-07-02 11:36 PM

hahaha..Jenn ...but hey this poem came across powerful to me...you expressed the "anger" i saw, well...keep writin.

im addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2001-07-02 11:49 PM

Ouch. That hit home. Thanks for writing that I needed to read that. You got your point across well and I like that. Good write!

Rhonda  

"Amy, can you PLEASE come to Spain with us so that we have someone to keep Rhonda calm?" - Mr. Ardiel *insert hysterical laughter from me here*

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
6 posted 2001-07-03 09:54 AM

thank you all for reading this, Fading Away, yes this is a much needed reataliation... because someone who is supposed to be my friend wrote some hurtful things about me in one of her posts and then proceeded to asct like it was okay and that i shouldn't be mad at her... but i didn't intend to bring it into the forums any more than she did.
*PIxie*

Little Debbie
since 2001-07-03
Posts 2
Nevernever Land
7 posted 2001-07-03 01:51 PM

Ouch... this certainly does suck... I mean, not your work, your situation! I know how you feel... It's AWFUL to have trouble with friendships... You and this friend definately need to have a heart-to-heart and work things out. Best of luck to you.

-Debbie-

Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa
8 posted 2001-07-03 02:02 PM

I know how you feel. I met a cute boy and he was so nice to me, he'd email me im me and when I needed a hug he'd always be there. But not anymore he does all that for another girl, the other day I saw him at the mall with her it broke my heart cause he was holding her and hugging her. I quickly went the other way so we aren't friends, I tryed saying hi but he's to cool.
Also I had a friend her name was Jessica we were so great friends , I'd hang with her she'd hang with me. She left my school to go to another one she took my ex without asking me. So I know that feeling it hurts so bad you don't know what to do. But go to your real friends call them up, start hanging with other people who you don't know. You can email me I'd love to be your friend. Bye Min!

Some people come into our lives and go quickly. Some people stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. We are never ever the same.

Elvenblood
since 2001-02-17
Posts 409
Maine, USA
9 posted 2001-07-03 03:10 PM

Justine, I don't know if you'll read this, but I hope you do!  And I'm not taking sides either.  But sometimes people will just do things taht annoy me, and hey whether it's who they are or a habit they have, I can live with that.  If I choose to put that into a poem, then it doesn't necessarily mean I'm badmouthing that person.  I don't know what the case is, but I'm just saying, forgive...

No angels in heaven nor demons below the sea, could ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
10 posted 2001-07-03 03:18 PM

Ha! I was right! Damn I'm getting good at this...
Well I've already replied about the poem (It was great!)...Now I'm taking on the form of Dear Abby. Don't let a silly arguement destroy a friendship. This goes for the BOTH of you. You would never ever forgive yourself if something happened to the other one. Think about that. A friendship is an amazing thing. Don't give up on it. And don't  feed the fire when things start going wrong.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
11 posted 2001-07-03 05:01 PM

Do not bring petty arguements INTO the forums please....

Nice poem, you vented well...I enjoyed this.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
12 posted 2001-07-03 05:52 PM

Dopey, hun, I do believe Justine was just releasing her feelings... Maybe this was her way of telling Val how she felt... Anyhow, I have talked to you both, Justine and Val, at great length and like I told you both-- You need to sit down, talk, have a heart-to-heart and get EVERYTHING off your chest, of course without being totally mean about it *LOL* Please don't let this go on, because it's silly... Really... talk, forgive, forget! I love ya both! And I am here if you need me!

always,
Sara

"A dream is a wish your heart makes while you are fast asleep."

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
13 posted 2001-07-04 01:03 PM

okay, you replied to mine and i guess i should reply to yours. if it wasn't applying to me i'd say it was a good poem. fact is those things HURT. i think yours hurt more then mine. but i can't say that it did but i just think it did. i hate the fact that our 10 years or better relationship has had to come to this. i'm sorry for whatever i've done i hope you are too for what you've done (i'm not sure right now cuz the tears are running down my face because i had to read those harsh words you wrote again) and i love you too much to just let something like this come between us. i'm sure that we can get thru this and if we can then we can survive ANYTHING that comes our way. (i make it sound like we're married but...  we sorta are friendship-wise just not in the lesbian-eeww sort of way) (now don't you guys start bashing me cuz i "dissed" lesbian marriages LOL) i guess we'll talk later  

MADELINE AND LUCY FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
BOOGER, VERL, EARL, WOMAN and all the other nicknames that i've acquired  

"...And i want to take you down, but your soul could not be found, doesn't matter much you see cause your disease is killing me..." -Saliva

[This message has been edited by ~sugarpie313~ (edited 07-04-2001).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
14 posted 2001-07-08 06:17 PM

I just hope you both settle things.
This shall tell you how strong your friendship really is.
good luck.

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Kris, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Mare

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Un-Fairweather Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary