navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Unforgivable Lie
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unforgivable Lie Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Missthang
since 2001-07-03
Posts 103

0 posted 2001-09-13 08:59 PM

I had a best friend durring my first year of college and before I left for summer she insured me that she would always be there for me and that we would be friends for life. Now that I'm back at school for my second year everything has changed. We aren't as close as we used to be and I feel like we aren't even friends anymore. Even though we hang out all the time, I feel like she just doesn't care about me anymore.

Unforgivable Lie
You made me a promise,
   you promised things wouldn't change.
Yet now it seems as if,
   nothing is staying the same.
You said you actually cared for me,
   you said I was your best friend.
Then why all of a sudden,
   do I feel like it's coming to an end?
You said through thick and thin,
   you would always be there.
Yet now you don't even listen to me,
   I feel like you don't care.
You told me that you loved me,
   you said our friendship was real.
Now you disrespect me,
   do you care how i feel?
Why the sudden change,
  why did you have to lie?
Even though this makes me cry,
   it's time to say good-bye.

© Copyright 2001 Adamma Bankhead - All Rights Reserved
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
1 posted 2001-09-13 11:03 PM

Your poem is very sad because I feel like me and my best friend have grown apart which is sad.But anyway I loved you poem and I hope everything gets better for you.Keep up the awsome work.
   Lauren

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2001-09-14 03:24 AM

I can feel the biggest connection with this piece. I recently had to let a friend go...who would have guessed that a 10 year friendship could fade away?  

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe when you let go of them you start to figure out how to live again...ah who knows but I do feel for you. *hugs*

Take care and thanks for sharing.

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
3 posted 2001-09-14 06:26 AM

well friends do come and go but true friends stay no matter what!
robin

Things I Have Learned I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2001-09-14 07:49 AM

Unfortunately sometimes these things happen..maybe its all a matter of getting back into the swing of things this year ya know? Im shur that she will always care about u reguardless of whats happening..I hope everything turns out ok
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
5 posted 2001-09-16 03:09 AM

Been spying on me???
Ugh! Freaky! I'm in the EXACT SAME situation...One with a person that has been going on for years and so I'm numb to it now, The other I still love immensly and it's killing me to lose them...*sigh* So ya, I know you're hurting tons. *Hugs* You did a fantastic job writing this...Sorry about your friend...Hope things get better for you.  

United we stand, Divided we fall.
Never say die.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Unforgivable Lie

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary