navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » A Note To All My Female Friends
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Note To All My Female Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Domzi
since 2001-09-08
Posts 288
New York (BK)

0 posted 2001-09-08 03:40 PM

I remember a time when everyone wasn't thinking about how to survive but rather how to live day to day.
I remember a time when just having a husband and a family was good enough,
but now a guy needs six figures just to talk to you.
I've never seen so many girls worry about the label in their clothes rather than the price tag on a piece of food.
Some of you rather go broke looking good than go broke being full.
Benefit Cards are the credit cards you don't leave home without.
Your baby's father is now a paycheck instead of a male figure.
I laugh as you spend this month's rent money on those new designer shoes with matching outfits.
Life is priceless but you need money to live it.

As my borough has always stated- Do or Die.

© Copyright 2001 Dominique N. C. - All Rights Reserved
MindlessPoet
since 2001-04-20
Posts 106
Texas
1 posted 2001-09-08 04:08 PM

"life is priceless but you need money to live it"
Hah.  What an ironic truth.

For now, all I can do is dream.

Domzi
since 2001-09-08
Posts 288
New York (BK)
2 posted 2001-09-08 06:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't think anyone would
really feel this poem.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2001-09-08 08:06 PM

I felt it, and I gotta tell you, not all women are like that. Not the good ones at any rate.   You make a very good point.  
peachesNcream
since 2001-08-21
Posts 513
Ocean Of Tears
4 posted 2001-09-09 02:01 AM

Thanks. I need to remember sometimes what I think I need but truely do need. Write more..this is good for a first post   ~Jess
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
5 posted 2001-09-09 05:26 AM

I happen to like designer shoes thank you very much.  

INteresting piece. different to what we usually see.

Thanks for the piece.  

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
6 posted 2001-09-09 04:08 PM

so what if i look at labels when i pick up clothes    not all of are like that. but you do bring up some good points but it seems that you pick out the bad things of females.  maybe in your next write you can bring up the good points of females or maybe the negative in males like in this one.   just a thought. good job tho i guess

valerie

"i'm supergirl, and i'm here to save the world, but i wanna know, who's gonna save me" - WNBA Commercial

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-09-09 07:05 PM

Well done on this one. I really liked the thoughts on this one. I realize a lot of women here in the states tend to be like that even though it's a generalization.....well done though.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

GhostWriter_6
since 2001-09-03
Posts 237
??Amityville??
8 posted 2001-09-09 07:31 PM

thats my girl, bring the truths to light.... a little controversey from speakign your mind never hurt anyone... keep on doing what you do.. expose those females that are out for the material benefits... there are good women out there.. its just the bad ones that get talked about.....

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
9 posted 2001-09-10 03:33 AM

dominique, hahaha..i read this and laughed my head off...why cuz i found that i couldnt relate to it one bit- i swear i have the WORST taste in clothing, heck if my mum didnt buy me clothes every once in a while i prolly wouldnt have any new clothes. money isnt always an issue when it comes to women, although i do agree that sum women do care about their partners paychecks, but we're not all like that..
it was a good read thanks D. i hope to read more of the same from you soon!

"Somehow I managed to single handedly betray myself" Javier Agosto

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2001-09-10 07:59 AM

"life is priceless but you need money to live it"

I absolutely loved that line!!! How true all of this is...it really made me think!! Nice job  

Domzi
since 2001-09-08
Posts 288
New York (BK)
11 posted 2001-09-10 03:28 PM

I want to just thank everybody for replying to my poem. Some people take offense to it and some people see the truth that is in it. I wrote this poem based on my everyday experiences living in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Your replies to this piece just showed me that people are realizing my work.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » A Note To All My Female Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary