navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Why?!? (Pleez Read! I need someone to see my depressed soul.)
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why?!? (Pleez Read! I need someone to see my depressed soul.) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York

0 posted 2001-09-05 10:54 PM

Why doesn’t she love me!
Why can't she feel like this towards me?
Am I defective?
Am I broken?
Am I ugly?
Do I scare her?
Have I done something wrong?
I've loved only a few very deeply,
yet ehen they find out all they want is friendship!
Can't they see I NEED love?
Why am I unlovable?
Why can't they see I'd give anything?
Can't they see it?
Don't they care?
Why am I not loved?
Am I doomed to be a third wheel all my life?
To only hear about their love, never to taste it?
Am I to never have a LOVE OF MY OWN?
Why must they turn to those animals,
who know not of love, but of lust?
Are all other humans more like dogs than me?
Is sex the purpose of all human existence?
If so, then why bestow knowledge of love upon us at all?
Why torture people like me so?
Must fate be so cruel?
Must I always be tortured so;
close enough to touch, but not to grasp?
ENOUGH!!
If fate hath decreed that I am to suffer like this,
then may fate strike me down with the wrath of the inhuman,
for without love, life is not worth living.

Love will come and love will go, but friends are forever (usually).

© Copyright 2001 Richard H. Dikeman - All Rights Reserved
Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
1 posted 2001-09-06 12:23 PM

HopelessRomanticGuy~
  I loved this!  You captured my thoughts completely! Believe it or not everyone goes through a time in their lives when they are just so tired of listening to their friends talk about how wonderful love is they just want to "taste" it themselves. It will get better.  I can't promise you when but I can promise you it will.  You will not be a third wheel all your life.  I've always stuck by my terms that I'm a hopeless romantic because I don't understand the lust that controls the world today.  It's been a while since I saw true admiration and love when two people look at each other.  I think a friendship and a feeling of mutual love should come first sex then should be the prize you get when you find this!  Good luck in the wonderful world of being single!  There are many of us in it with you!
    I look forward to reading your next post.
                  Chelsea

If we're told we're bad, that's the only idea we'll ever have. Maybe if we are surrounded by beauty someday we will become what we see.

SunShine913
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-08-19
Posts 211
Italy but from NC
2 posted 2001-09-06 08:01 AM

RICH~!
     Hey i know what you are talking about we talked some about... do you remember us talking about it? well like i said before and i will say again .. thier is someone out thier for everyone! I promise she will come i dont know when but i do know she will come .. and the love you have for well be so much strounger then love you have now for this female.  But keep your hopes and remember that Im here for when you wanna talk .. take care and until next time!! But i did really love this poem!!

!~Andrea~!
*You only live once, so live it to the
fullest*
*what is love?*
*If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to l

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2001-09-06 09:51 AM

I hope you are ok, email me anytime ok?
I so remember these feelings.....it will happen sweetie, and man, is she gonna be one lucky girl to have a guy like you.  

Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
4 posted 2001-09-06 01:09 PM

Wow, I feel the same too! Don't worry...you're not alone!
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
5 posted 2001-09-06 04:25 PM

Hey!  Thanks for reading my work! I apriciate it, it's my way of expressing pent up emotion.

Chelsea- So I'm not the only one...  I guess I always figured that.  I understand the lust all to well; i understand and don't like.  I see all those people gettin' sick and pregnant to guys that leave them 2 days later, yet they always go for another just like him.  It's just really idiotic.  It seems that almost all the girls I fall for want guys like that.  They overlook guys like me, they do really want to be friends though.. I guess I should count my blessings, huh?

Andrea- Yea, I remember talking about that.  I know that there is someone out there, their out there in a sea of billions of others.  It's when I get to thinking like that that I get depressed like I was when I wrote this.  I'm fine now, I just get that way at times.  C Ya.

SEA-  I'm okay now, but thanks for the offer, if I ever need to talk....  thanx.
Thanx for the compliment!

Android 17- It sux you are goin' thru this, but I guess we all have to, huh?  I hope to read some work from you!

Love will come and love will go, but friends are forever (usually).

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

6 posted 2001-09-06 05:22 PM

i LOVED this piece...even though im not in the same situation...but question they SAME exact things.

i find it harsh and creul that some peoples lives are made to not be loved or is impossible for them to love, together...and the last lines were the exactly some verses i wrote in one of my past old poems...great work!...i truly can relate to whats fullfilled in this and i wish you the best...

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 09-06-2001).]

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
7 posted 2001-09-06 05:25 PM

This was nice. There are times in my life when I go through this. They are hard times. Everyone always comes out of it though. Just give it time and someone will be there. I'm still doing my time.
Jon

"Your anger is a gift"-Rage Against The Machine
"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
8 posted 2001-09-07 09:55 AM

Richard, love isn't everything. Think about everything you are actually blessed with instead of pining for something that will only come when you're number is up.
The more you search for love or complain about it, the further away it will become.

Try to keep your head up. Like I said, love isn't everything.

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
9 posted 2001-09-07 10:14 AM

Oh sweety   This was such a sad poem!! Your not un-lovable as you put it...everything happens for a reason and you'll find that one special person when your meant to hun...for now stay strong and try and realize that you CAN be happy without a relationship cuz there are plenty of people that DO love you...like all of us  
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
10 posted 2001-09-08 02:06 AM

Wow, One hell of a release of emotions here. I liked that. The poem had alot of energy, alot of power. A strong read.

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

MindlessPoet
since 2001-04-20
Posts 106
Texas
11 posted 2001-09-08 05:58 PM

too many replies so I'm not going to read them all.  I really liked/agreed with the last line  

For now, all I can do is dream.

Delirious_Smurf
since 2001-08-08
Posts 90
Nothingness,P.R.
12 posted 2001-09-08 09:58 PM

Oh I loved this....Sounds like you were venting..and I get what yer saying man..
I too loved the last line most  

Who you are and who you will be is right in the palm of your hand.

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
13 posted 2001-09-09 04:18 AM

hey hun if you ever need to talk you know where to find me and you have my email. i know what you are going through!! if you look up lots of my poems in the archives you will see it's been going on for a while! i'm here for you if you wanna talk ok!
robin

i don't give up without a fight so boys beware!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2001-09-09 07:03 PM

Wow, this poem was quite strong and emotional. Well done on this piece. I related to it very much so and hope things get ok.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Alyssa
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-30
Posts 385
IM ENGAGED!!!!!
15 posted 2001-09-13 07:08 PM

oh this is good i really really liked it!!!
very deep and meaningful!
write more!!hehe
-Aly

Do you believe in love at first sight? If not I can walk by again!
----ya...right---

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Why?!? (Pleez Read! I need someone to see my depressed soul.)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary