navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » R.I.P Jonathan E MckNight
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic R.I.P Jonathan E MckNight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

0 posted 2001-09-01 05:20 PM

I miss you "J" I miss you alot
it seems like just yesturday we were sitting around playing cards and talking!!!
Then I got the phone call you had been hit on ur way home,I didn't know what to do so I just prayed!!
Only a couple minutes after you arrived at the hospital did they pronoce you dead!!
Your mom walk in the door just as they pulled the plug, they said there is no hope he won't make it!!!  
All she could do was cry, when I found out I just kept on asking why?
Why did you have to go you were only 15?
You 16th birthday was only 6dayz away!!!
You weren't bad you didn't deserve what happend, but god knows when it's someone's time, and I just guess he had something better for you!!
I miss you alot and I know I will see you again some day!!
I think of you every day no lie, I just wonder why it was you that had to die!!!

Jonathan E MckNight
      April 19,1985
           to
      April 13,2001

His last wods were "I'm on my way home"
a white man ran him over only because he was black, and he addmitted to the police when they arrived on the seen!!!
But I know he is in a better place so it's ok!!!

Angel

© Copyright 2001 ANGELBABY - All Rights Reserved
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
1 posted 2001-09-01 06:34 PM

...This was so sad. My eyes began watering up... I feel so bad for his mother. That must have killed her ont he inside to have her son die. And you, that your friend- obviously a very close friend....I couldn't even imagine how painful that must be. The details after the poem though, made my tummy turn. People make me sick. Just because he was black? Thats horrible and so incredibly ignorant. I'm so sorry. You did a wonderful job on telling the story througout your poem, and an even better job on capturing your pain. Thanks for the read.

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
2 posted 2001-09-01 08:24 PM

racism should get shoved up where the sun don't shine.  Your poem was very good. It really pisses me off when I hear about ppl killing or hurting each other because of differences. Its ignorance and stupidty. Which makes me angry.
Im sorry about your friend, im good with condolences, but know im thinking them.

I hope you will heal...

Regina

If you only understood my pain then maybe you could learn to be my friend. Be there. My crying shoulder. The smiles. And the caring i need to survive.

ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

3 posted 2001-09-02 03:02 AM

Thank you all for the post
he was a very dear friend to me and I am glad to people agree with me on the racisim thing I thought I was alone on that one thanks again for you'lls post

Angel
R.I.P "J"

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

4 posted 2001-09-05 07:30 PM

VERY harsh thing to happen to anyone just cause of color of their skin...cant deny the fact that such dumb*** ignorant people STILL breathe!...quite sad...as the poem protrayed heartfelt emotions...you expressed it well.

if i die before i wake...i pray the Lord my soul to take - when thugs cry-

Delirious_Smurf
since 2001-08-08
Posts 90
Nothingness,P.R.
5 posted 2001-09-05 07:35 PM

Wow that was beautiful but such a horrible and sad thing to happen. I'm really sorry for the loss... Hope everythings ok.

Who you are and who you will be is right in the palm of your hand.

ANGELBABY
since 2001-09-01
Posts 25

6 posted 2001-09-06 09:48 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING SO KIND DURING THIS HARD TIME IT HAS BEEN 5MONTHS AND I STILL DON'T BELIVE HE IS GONE!!!!!
         R.I.P "J"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » R.I.P Jonathan E MckNight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary