navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Freak Parade
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic Freak Parade Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia

0 posted 2001-04-06 12:37 PM

Parched lips
Speak empty volumes

Discontented masses
Herded
For free French kisses
From snarled dry tongues
Blond Lesbian midgets

Dancing naked
With
Erotic hysteria
Howling at
Barney
In bondage gear

"Remember the Alamo"
spit
at storefront windows
On Main

Parade of me
Bad dream
Nightmare
To much Buddha
Taken before bedtime
Waking up
Dumpster
Back
Of Fatso's Pizza

Trying to piece
Together
Last nights
Twinkie orgy
too limp

Remembering
"Too sleep my son"
As I crash again
In rotten banana peels...

[This message has been edited by Brad Majors (edited 04-06-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Dan Mauro - All Rights Reserved
Panne447
since 2001-04-03
Posts 196
S.A. TX
1 posted 2001-04-06 01:22 PM

Brad, Not sure I understand all of this or maybe any of it but I think if you could use either punctuation or line breaks as punctuation I might be able to understand it better. I hope that helps a bit.  As is I am not sure what part ot thought goes with what. As is it just seems like a 'stream of conscienceness' piece  but I have a feeling that more was meant than that when you wrote it and maybe the line breaks or punc. might help us read it like you want or like you wrote it.  JMHO.  Panne
Brad Majors
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
2 posted 2001-04-06 01:41 PM

Actually it is a stream piece. The constant bombardment of images was intented. I don't think this piece is for everyone. I posted it cause I wanted to have a range. I will try the line brak though. Thanks for the input  
PoeticaL
since 2001-03-31
Posts 50

3 posted 2001-04-06 01:58 PM

Ok now, I’m sure this has some hidden meaning.  Like a brilliant nightlife contradiction to the way you feel about some maddening social disease.  I’m sure of it.  I rather liken this one to a late night in a seedy part of town after a bad acid trip.  All the images that are portrayed in this one are like the underneath of society’s giant rock.

I am getting better at relating to these pieces but I don’t think I am much closer to getting their deepest meanings because I do not have the diversity of thought process that you possess.  I have high hopes that reaching the pinnacle your mind has reached will happen for me someday soon.  Don’t give up hope yet.

Perhaps this whole piece is just about a bad dream you had after eating some greasy McDonalds food and I’m trying to make something of it all.  Just my luck!

Thanks for giving me a great “think” today!  

much love...

"I'm a junkyard full of false starts....Elliot Smith"

Brad Majors
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
4 posted 2001-04-06 02:03 PM

As I said this was a stream piece and was off the top of my head so I am still figuring it out for myself. At best it is a piece on the bombardment of images we have daily from media and all abspects of life.
PoeticaL
since 2001-03-31
Posts 50

5 posted 2001-04-06 02:11 PM

geesh..you don't know and I'm supposed to know?  Phooey anyhow!

"I'm a junkyard full of false starts....Elliot Smith"

Brad Majors
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
6 posted 2001-04-06 02:21 PM

Phooey? Hopefully  other people will read this piece so I don't feel wierd.
Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
7 posted 2001-04-06 07:20 PM

o.k I get it your just having a freaky Friday Parade! very creative !
Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
8 posted 2001-04-06 07:36 PM

Conjured images of Madi Gras night gone bad... waking up the next morning in a back alley wondering if anybody got the license plate number from the float that ran my backside over!  Strange to read... but I'm hip to the strange.  Other than that... I got nothing to say about style... cause that's not what it's all about.  Peace!
Destiny Nicole
since 2001-04-04
Posts 19
USA
9 posted 2001-04-06 08:17 PM

Okay Brad, I enjoyed the piece I have seen many things in life and met many people.  So none of this came as a surprise or shock, I thought it was rather open and I LIKED it. Keep them coming.
Brad Majors
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
10 posted 2001-04-07 12:37 PM

Thank you  
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
11 posted 2001-04-07 03:24 PM

there's some really great images in here... a haunting feeling.... this stanza particularly well written

quote:
Parade of me
Bad dream
Nightmare
To much Buddha
Taken before bedtime
Waking up
Dumpster
Back
Of Fatso's Pizza

the lesbian midgets laughing hysterically at barney in bondage... really cracked me up.... LOL

i like seeing the diversity in your posts and again, i'm glad you've joined us here....

i think you'll like it here... no blatant assaults from misguided arrogance lost scrolling on the internet, y'know? ... like some other places we both know of.... the  fact that this board is moderated helps keep out the riff raff from some who just like to cause trouble and don't even know where they are, let alone, aren't even into the art of poetry.... i've rambled, sorry... but i know you catch my drift

i also want to suggest that you post in the "Critical Analysis" forum..... i think you'd like it there, too, as well as here in Open...

Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
12 posted 2001-04-07 04:04 PM

I see your vision Brad... a very creative and unique piece..You know, I'm currently working on a poem called Free Zone and it's gonna be about a perfect world with total liberation of life...I'm gonna divide it into two versions and create one for a world with no racism and  the other, a world with freedom to love one another regardless of sex...I just like to do something different, that's way out there...something people won't talk about..that just the type of poet I am...anyways, this is a brilliant poem!!!

Nathan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Freak Parade

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary