navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Internet Friends
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic Internet Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind

0 posted 2001-03-29 02:08 PM

Internet Friends

There is this place called the internet,
Were friends are made and plans are set.

The friends we make, the eyes we can not see,
But most are all reaching, releasing a  plea.

Some think that friendships can turn into love,
We all want the tale of the little white dove.

Words are said and sometimes plans are made,
All need to be careful, some just want to get laid.

Saying and watching to tell you all the right things,
Knowing all a long, they only want a fling.

One does not really know who these people are,
Except of the internet and the distances afar.

Please be careful, what you do and you see,
Make some good friends like you and like me.

Bernie Slicker

© Copyright 2001 Bernard Slicker - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-03-29 02:27 PM

Ah reminds me of one I wrote over a year ago, I believe....of "click, click, click...be careful...."

Well done!

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
2 posted 2001-03-29 03:03 PM

Hi Bslicker,

What a cute way of putting the truth, this one is a keeper, thank you,

Love, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

3 posted 2001-03-29 03:19 PM

Oh boy let me have an opinion. May I? Online relationships can be honest and lead to a great exchange.  I have three experiences of this. OR they can let you know that if the person is cheating on the person they live with they are probably going to grow tired of YOU also and ...well....you lose a lot of emotional strength and yet, you can also gain a lot through Internet relationships. Let them see you taking our the trash or coming through the door dead tired after work and see how long they stick around!

I say get out of the house once in awhile and then ask yourself why you think you're going to find happiness through a machine
when you haven't found it in the flesh, which by the way is a whole lot better than
clicking away and having nothing afterward.
Just my opinion  

[This message has been edited by Irish Rose (edited 03-29-2001).]

Just A Woman
since 2001-03-10
Posts 507

4 posted 2001-03-29 04:05 PM

Ah..........what a subject to write about and I'm in such a rush.  I'll be back to comment!

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live"

~Vittorio Alferi~

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
5 posted 2001-03-29 04:24 PM

Bernie~ this is great....I think having fun and flirting a bit in here is great...it gives me a chance to be Susan....not just mom,mom,mom,mom,mom.....I like everyone in here and really enjoy the banter and the quick wit back and forth....it makes me feel sad that people get used or use each other......I worry about it happening to my kids.....so they don't get on here very often, and when they do, they are sitting with myself or my husband.....( someone once said that if you don't go messin with the pine tree, then you wouldn't get the sap on you) I think that's how it went....anyway, it makes sense in regards to this topic, if you mess with trouble, it will get all over you........( now that I've completely rambled on like a dork, I gotta go....)    SEA

bslicker
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
6 posted 2001-03-29 05:43 PM

Sunshine,
Yes i have read alot of topics on this subject matter, just thought it was time to remind all.  thank you

Cerenity,
thank you very much.

Kathleen,
Thank you for your opinion, and yes i believe that also get out and meet some real people......toooooooo.

Just a Woman,
Will be waiting,,, thanks for reading, can use email too.

Sea,
Yes you are right nice to be able to be yourself once in a while, and i have never read anything you have wrote, that would make you feel like a dork..... far from it.

Once again thank you.
A   a day keeps the world  'G

Bernie Slicker

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
7 posted 2001-03-29 06:01 PM

Thank you Bernie, but feeling like a dork comes pretty natural for me....   SEA
Mabel A. Dilley
since 2001-03-17
Posts 859
Seattle, WA, USA
8 posted 2001-03-29 06:30 PM

The internet has become a fixture in many of our dealings with people. Some days I wonder how in the world we got anything done without the magic of the .wav. But my personal advice is: get up and leave the computer, breathe fresh air, meet new people, form healthy relationships, then return to write about it. Cyber love is a bit of a reach for my poor brain to wrap about.

"I am not now that which I have been."

bslicker
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
9 posted 2001-03-29 06:35 PM

Sea,
So ok, be hard on yourself,, i won't do that to you though.  thank you again.

Julian,
Thank you for reading and you opinion, well taken, do want to say that i am not one of the people that are on the public internet much, but i do build the internet.. so i am on from time to time.. Just trying to tell one and all please be careful with who and what you are doing on the net..
Thank you again.

A   a day keeps the world  'g

Bernie Slicker

Katherine Chandler
since 2001-03-07
Posts 280
Florida, USA
10 posted 2001-03-29 08:29 PM

Nice one Bernie..you know, the Internet is like anything else, using moderation is the key when being online. I have several friends who have met and married and stayed happy in their relationships with people they met online. I guess I believe it isn't all that different than going on a blind date. There are people who aren't nice, period. We always must be mindful when meeting people for the first time..

BLessings, Kate

Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.
T S Eliot

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
11 posted 2001-03-30 01:06 AM

Hi Bernie...Im glad you posted this one...this is one tricky subject...I mean yeah you should go out and meet real LIVE people...but I kinda like meeting on here...you get the chance to know someone...become friends..without all the gameplaying that can happen if person...you just have to be honest...I know there are predators out there...just looking for a lonely heart...but I was told once....ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince...LOL...so here I am..kissing frogs
bslicker
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
12 posted 2001-03-30 04:05 AM

Kate,
Yes your are right, this came to my head and since i build the internet i thought i would say it.. I am not saying the internet is a bad place to meet, but just a warning that everyone might not be who you think or believe they are.... other than that thank you and the response that i believe most should get from the poem;

Paula,
I am glad i posted it to. It is a very tricky subject and i hope i protray'd my message.  Yes one can become friends over the internet.. But all i am saying is please BECAREFUL..... And i am sure a lot of good can happen, but there is bad out there tooo..

Bernie
P.S.     Sea i stilllll don't thinki you were being a dork.......

Bernie Slicker

forevernbluejeans
since 2001-04-05
Posts 76

13 posted 2001-04-12 01:48 AM

Nothing at all wrong with being internet friends...sometimes its easier to say things to a voice you never hear and a smile you never see...but it is scary and a little sad to give your heart to someone only wanting a fling...
bslicker
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
14 posted 2001-04-18 04:30 PM

foreverin
thanks for reading

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Internet Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary