navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Reflections
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reflections Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Writer
since 2001-04-05
Posts 21
CA/USA

0 posted 2001-04-17 08:03 PM

Funny, we see life according to how we feel. And with judgement, a mirror is held up to see ourselfs with one sight. A reflection of ones self is our master portrait standing before us. Giving judgement and critisim we see only one face.
Illusions become many different colors put forth in our own perceptions. In our own reality we loose ourselfs to our own reflections of truth or false ideas.  We seek only to satisfy those lonely moments of dispair, frustations and our hearts desires.  We see inside ourselfs as perfect without disception and claim perfection.  And at that mmoment by our souls inner face of perception we see the truth. A mirror of reality.  The lines on my face express my journeys. I have traveled down a road where I have been carried and where I have walked alone.  I have greived and I have laughed.  As I so choose the paths of my life now, I stare at a reflection that expresses wisdom and gratitude for my lessons and memories.  The expectations I have given myself no longer apply but have moved into a different realm of perception.  I smile at the reflection I see and give myself a moment to appreciate the growth my inner being has shown.  As I stare at the reflections in the mirror, I see many colors that I have painted in my self portrait.  
Today, I see the rainbow.  Today, I see a new world in me.....

I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horney for my creativity.

© Copyright 2001 Stacy Cook - All Rights Reserved
Kay
since 2001-04-13
Posts 70

1 posted 2001-04-17 08:50 PM

great to see someone new!  Enjoyed.

Kay
Let no one who loves be called unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow." ~James M. Barrie~

thecraig
since 2001-03-11
Posts 223

2 posted 2001-04-18 05:37 AM

Nice to see the rain bows hue pour from how happy thoughts of share esily.
Kicking Kim
since 2001-04-16
Posts 426
Cloud Cucko Land!
3 posted 2001-04-18 06:47 AM

Very long but very good!  I loved it, it was an excellent read!  It is nice 2 see a new member, I hope you like it here as much as we all do!

^*~Kicking Kim~*^

"Theres no posession, just obsession and growing depression"

Writer
since 2001-04-05
Posts 21
CA/USA
4 posted 2001-04-18 01:52 PM

Thank you very much for your comments. I have enjoyed reading many of the poems in this forum and realize I have a way to go to match up.  I am very happy to be here and learn from all of you.

I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horney for my creativity.

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2001-04-18 07:26 PM

Excellent. . . I love this. . . we should all see the new in ourselves. . . it's the first thing that we need to do to make us live. . .

Great work. . . and welcome!!  

-------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Reflections

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary