navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Throw Me a Rope
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Throw Me a Rope Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest

0 posted 2001-07-20 06:12 PM

No matter what you put me through
I come running back to you

You turn my color cold as blue
Turn my world a different hue

Hottest flame you can conjure
Coldest words icy injure

Take me to the sky
Kill me and watch me die

Wake my senses to new heights
Take away all of my rights

Give me hope
Make me mope

Please someone throw  me a rope!

[This message has been edited by Scarlet Lady (edited 07-21-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Lynne - All Rights Reserved
LadyPeach1
since 2001-06-04
Posts 282

1 posted 2001-07-20 08:41 PM

That was the most horrible poem I have ever read.  I have to say, it was well written, but I DID NOT like that poem.  I understand what your going through, but "someone just please give me a rope?"  I mean, you may not realize it,  but those lines are stating suicide.  I mean, even if it's not, and I have got the wrong impression, MAN!  That is a powerful statement, and it sounds to me like you were stating you wanted to hang yourself.  The poem just sounds very suicidal and the thought of that makes me sick.  I'm sorry.  
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
2 posted 2001-07-21 12:22 PM

I realize that your "relationship" with me jaded your opinion of the poem, and that is an unfortunate thing.  FYI... that line WAS NOT or DID NOT have ANYTHING to do with suicide!  Ever heard the statement "someone please throw me a rope/line?"  It was meant to say....someone please save me from drowning, going under, etc.  I wish I could say I appreciate your criticism, but this is one time when your slamming me (and done in this way) was uncalled for and very INSENSITIVE! Sorry this had to happen like this....for the both of us!  For those that do not know, we are mother and daughter......so therein lies the battle!  
:-(

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2001-07-22 10:12 AM

Passions in Poetry is a special place, where special people such as yourselves can come to post their works and receive comments from others who want to read and enjoy poetry.

We're not in a position to resolve family dissents on our boards, however.  One of our most important rules of thumb in posting is that we show each other respect in our responses.  This tenet applies equally to members who know each other well.  Every family has some disagreements among them... Please understand that we would prefer that such issues be kept at home where they belong...

Thank you both for your understanding...

Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest
4 posted 2001-07-22 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info Nan.  I don't think the response to the poem or my response to her was a "family dispute" per say.  The replies were just maybe a little different "because" of the ties (she reacted....I reacted, and the way we did it WAS influenced by our being family, how could it not be I wonder).  I wanted her to know the poem was not about suicide, yet in the same token if someone else had responded to my poem in the same manner, I would of replied maybe as sternly??  I don't believe I was "disrespectful", rather just truthful.   I have seen other replies that went beyond any type of feelings or regard for the other persons feelings here in passions and other forums. (Gez you should take a look at Critical Analysis sometimes...yes, I know it is meant for subjective criticism, but sometimes they too get carried away and in my humble opinion disrespectful and plain ugly).  So even though I was "ticked",  I tried to keep it level headed.  We dealt with it individually too I might add!   Sorry for the human tendancies that we display....arghhhhhh, it won't happen again!
Inanothertime
since 2001-06-29
Posts 72

5 posted 2001-07-25 02:10 AM

I liked your poem--did not take it as a death wish, just a good poem--thanks for sharring it
Hellseyes
since 2001-07-25
Posts 120
Kansas, USA
6 posted 2001-07-26 11:28 AM

wow mother daughter fight kool..yes this is good [edit]../Drew/

Drew - check out our guidelines on swearing...thanks, Severn.

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 07-26-2001).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2001-07-28 04:08 AM

Nice expression of your feelings...James
Jessica
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-28
Posts 350
South AL
8 posted 2001-07-31 02:58 AM

I did not think of it as suidial. I have used the line "throw me a rope" or something to that affect in one of my poems and it was no where near suidial. Anyway - It was a great poem  

What don't kill you can only make you stronger...

Love you, Adam!! :)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Throw Me a Rope

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary