navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » I Still Love You
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Still Love You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri

0 posted 2001-03-12 04:01 AM

If its true I cant't erase
The pain in your dark eyes
Why did you let it go this far?
Why did you allow me
Why did you encourage me
With your teasing words?
Knowing knowing your heart
Was still wrapped up in her
Even though I arouse you.
When we are together
You forget her for a moment
And love how I make you feel.
Then the guilt sets in
Even though you made no promises
And I have asked for none.
I tell you I miss you
You tell me I shouldnt...
...with a smile.
And when I say I love you
You tell me you cant return those feelings
But time and again you are here.
What am I supposed to think?
How am I supposed to feel?
What is it you would have me do?
Because no matter what you say
No matter what I do
In the end...I still love you.

© Copyright 2001 Paula Finn - All Rights Reserved
Just A Woman
since 2001-03-10
Posts 507

1 posted 2001-03-12 08:28 AM

A painful read. My heart aches with this read. Love can be, unfortionately, heaven or hell. We pray for heaven. Sometimes it just isn't.
I compliment you on this poem. Emotional, questioning, a search for answers.

After years of searching, I have found I am nothing more, nothing less...I am in truth Just A Woman after all.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2001-03-12 04:54 PM

Paula love is not so easily erased...and so when it is your time for love you will appreciate the tenacity of love...James
JLR
since 2001-02-04
Posts 1785

3 posted 2001-03-12 05:34 PM

So sad. Email me his address...I'll send my dog over to bite him! Hope you are ok.
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
4 posted 2001-03-16 01:01 AM

Just A Woman...I thank you...love is a search...you just have to be willing to open your eyes and see your destination

James...sweet friend...its not that I want to erase the love...its the pain I want to take away...

JLR...lol my good friend...I do believe you would do that for me...thank you but its ok really

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
5 posted 2001-03-16 10:37 AM

It is hard Paula..I know...Want to keep the feeling of Love...with out the pain...
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
6 posted 2001-03-16 03:17 PM

I do know the feeling of this one exactly. I was in a very similar situation and it tore me apart inside. It sucks to love someone who is only using you to fulfill needs that their partner (her husband in my case) couldn't or wouldn't fulfill for them. I made that mistake and let me tell ya, it was a costly one. I now question weather or not women even have the capacity to really love. You do everything in your power to show them how much they mean to you, but in the end you find that your efforts were all in vain. I feel for you, I really do. There is a very painful scar on my heart because of that situation for me, but still none of that matters. The bottom line is that the person is only using you and nothing they say should be trusted or believed. Talk is cheap where as actions (or inactions in my case) speak volumes about the person. Take it from me, I know. I do wish you the very best of luck and strength to get you through a rather difficult time. Please, do yourself a favor and get the [edited] away from that person because they will only take from you until you have nothing left to give and then they will be on to their next victom, ya know. Do take care.

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

(GA - sorry, but I adhered to forum guidelines about profanity here - Severn)

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 03-16-2001).]

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
7 posted 2001-03-16 04:35 PM

Wow... this situation is terrible. But the poem was beautiful. I hope this isn't really happening to you, but if it is I wish you the best.

Jenn

"I'm a big, big, girl, in a big, big world, it's not a big, big thing if you leave me, but I do feel, that I will miss you much..." Emilia

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2001-03-16 05:26 PM

Yes Paula of course it is the pain...what else is left after an unfulfilled love but the pain...when you say I still love you it is like saying I am still feeling the pain...but someday you will keep feeling the love and love will continue to feel you...I am hoping...James
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
9 posted 2001-03-17 01:08 AM

kitkat...yes and its a difficult thing to do...thanks

G.A.Webb...so much pain here...so much anger...and from the sounds of it well placed anger...but please...dont judge all women by one...I'm not like that...

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
10 posted 2001-03-17 01:26 AM

Jenn...most of what I write is from my life...I'm glad you found my words beautiful...thanks

Sweet James...you know me so very well my friend...even when I try to hide from myself...thanks

robin-shep
since 2001-03-18
Posts 28
northern California, USA
11 posted 2001-03-19 02:54 PM

oh, look at all the lonely people
(REMEBER THAT SONG?)

peace to you. and hugs

Temptress*Moon
since 2001-01-15
Posts 240
Long Island, NY
12 posted 2001-03-22 02:50 PM

Paula..
Beautiful...but sad read..
Temptress*Moon

I slept and dreamed that life was beauty was thy dream then a shadowy lie? -ESH-

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
13 posted 2001-03-22 04:01 PM

Paula,
you know my feelings on this so I will instead offer *HuGS and unconditional support* E me if you want to. Real and stunning poem as always!
Keth

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life. Patty Hansen.

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
14 posted 2001-03-22 05:19 PM

Powerful work my friend, as it always is when you write from the heart! Take care!

"I've done all the dumb things"....Paul Kelly

Lady Bere
since 2000-02-03
Posts 73
Valmeyer, Illinois USA
15 posted 2001-03-23 12:03 PM

This was absolutely beautiful. Just look at all the posts and you can see that this poem touches those who read it. The pain fills you as you read the words. The love wraps around the pain. Such an expression of real life love. My compliments to you.

My only regret is that you must suffer the pain, since you write from real life experiences.

Without darkness there is no light
Without the light we cannot see the dark
Balance...It heals the soul -- by: LB

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
16 posted 2001-03-27 05:17 AM

i have said these words to myself time and time again. times like these are hard. but i know that you have the strenth to work through them. you are a very strong person and deserve nothing but the best. *hugs* moving peice my friend...
love ya
jesse

I'm a saint and I'm sinner,
I'm a loser and a winner,
I'm steady and unstable,
I'm young but I am able...

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
17 posted 2001-03-27 05:37 AM

I like this and the questions it presents. I would say..although it may hurt sometimes...to just love them unquestionably. Perhaps they will come around in more than just a physical way. Love is patient...so I've heard..
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
18 posted 2001-04-07 01:44 AM

Please forgive me for not getting back to you sooner...

robin-shep...yes I do remember that song...thanks

Temptress*Moon...thank you I appreciate that you took the time to read this

Keth...you are a great friend darlin...but theres only one person that can help me with this...but thanks just the same...I count on your support

EagleOne...you know I write from my heart...I just wish sometimes it had happier words to say

Lady Bere...pain as well as happiness makes us who we are...how do you know what happiness is unless you experience a little pain?

Jesse...its no fun being strong all the time ya know?

Temptress...love is patient...and believe me I am trying...thanks

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » I Still Love You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary