navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A note from your forum moderator - please read
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A note from your forum moderator - please read Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

0 posted 2003-02-14 04:09 PM

Hi all. A few reminders.

Firstly, I've been away for awhile and as a result the forum has been loosely moderated given that the other forum moderators haven't been available on a regular basis either. However, I'm back on a daily basis and I have concerns about some of the poetry that's being posted in here. This is not targeted at anyone in particular, I just feel that as the moderating has been light things have been able to slide a little.

One - poetry that advocates suicide and self-harm as viable solutions for life.

Quite simply - will not be tolerated. They will be removed without question. Please don't waste time posting them.

Two - poetry that is of an erotic or violent nature. We now have a set of forums called Mature Content that Ron has created precisely for poetry of this nature. (However, poems that depict graphic harm toward another person - and of course self-harm - are not acceptable). If you have access then please consider posting poetry of this nature in those forums, and if you don't have access and are eligible then go to the Member's Area where there's an option to gain access. (If you do this then I and the other moderators won't have to move your poems for you - time and hassle will be avoided for all). Also, some poems fall into a grey area and wind up being discussed at length before any decision to move them is reached. To avoid that - feel free to email myself or another moderator with a copy of a poem that you feel may be suitable for MC.

Really though, common sense is necessary in making your choices of what to post and where.

Please remember this is a family site. Limited access forums are there for a reason.

Here's a link to the forum guidelines for anyone who needs a reminder.
/pip/guidelines/rules.html

Thank you for reading, and for helping to make the forum run smoothly..

K

© Copyright 2003 Kamla Mahony - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A note from your forum moderator - please read

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary