navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A Week In The Life Of A Loser
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Week In The Life Of A Loser Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK

0 posted 2002-09-09 05:22 PM

Monday
I feel your fists sink into my stomach.
I think I'm going to be sick.
You leave me here on the floor, where I can't go down any further, gasping for breath.
Mum thinks it's just PMT.

Tuesday
Scribbles in my jotter; "Eleanor is a fat ugly...."
So, that's why you hate me so much?
Sorry I can't be perfect for you, but that would mean being like you.
I can't do that to anyone.
Mum hasn't seen that. Thank God.

Wednesday
A pair of hands make imprints on my back as the stairs stretching below me suddenly rush towards my face.
"It was an accident. I tripped and bumped into her".
Yeah, right.
Mum thinks I fell.

Thursday
You've got me by the hair now. Don't you like that either? There must be something about me you must like!
No?
Why am I not surprised.
Mum wants to know why I have red marks around my scalpline. I say it must be the new shampoo.

Friday
You've had your fun for the week. I can escape you for two whole days. Let the bruises die down with your memories, until they get topped up. You mustn't let me forget you're always there.
Mum thinks I have friends.
Guess what?
She's wrong.

Sorry, I know this is a bit long-winded, non-scanning, etc, but hey, everyone needs a rant.

In the beginning, the Universe was made. This has angered a lot of people and has been widely regarded as a bad move- Douglas Adams

© Copyright 2002 Eleanor Warren - All Rights Reserved
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
1 posted 2002-09-09 06:41 PM

Are there actually people like that doing this to you?? My god...what sort of [edit] right do they have? How long has this sorta stuff been going on? Wow...I would say a lot more, but it'd be censored, so...I'm honestly in shock by this. I know students can be mean, but this takes the cake. Grrr...

[This message has been edited by Severn (09-09-2002 09:30 PM).]

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2002-09-09 09:33 PM

If this is happening to you then you need to tell someone. Now. Which might sound laughable to you I know. But I urge you to..if you can't tell your Mum, there must be someone else - school guidance counsellors? Principle/headmaster?

Hugs

D Edgar - sorry, had to edit you a little.

K

wranx
Member Elite
since 2002-06-07
Posts 3689
Moved from a shack to a barn
3 posted 2002-09-09 09:52 PM

Moonbaby, read again, Severns' words. She's right. People want to know if this is happening. People need to know.
You have the strength, to make it stop, if you have the strength to express it here.

Take care of yourself

~wranx

In reply to "which way do we go?", the answer was never "straight", but, "progressively forward".      

~wranx~

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
4 posted 2002-09-09 11:40 PM

Eh...don't worry 'bout the editing thing. I'm easily angered by this kind of lack of respect that people have for each other, and I can get a little carried away. Thanks!
EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK
5 posted 2002-09-10 11:51 AM

Can I just say that this was over a year ago now, I've since changed schools and am much happier. And I did tell the school but they told me to "ignore them", as they didn't have the proof that they meant to hurt me. And Mum eventually knew, but even when she got involved nothing worked, I just got more (bleep) for being a grass.
Sooooo..... what did you think of the poem?!
Eleanor

In the beginning, the Universe was made. This has angered a lot of people and has been widely regarded as a bad move- Douglas Adams

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

6 posted 2002-09-10 02:26 PM

Eleanor,
I loved it. I had a feeling this poem was something being written from with a little bit of perspective on it, afforded by not being in the situation anymore.

Keep writin'!

Mikey

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » A Week In The Life Of A Loser

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary