navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Why do you do it?
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why do you do it? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ThUnDeRkYsS
since 1999-09-23
Posts 727
Wisconsin

0 posted 2002-05-26 02:46 AM

Why
why is the world so cruel?
where is the pleasure in that?
you spend your whole life giving
but when you need it, no one gives back

How
how can I be there for others?
when all they need is someone like me?
then when all I need is someone like you
your too busy to be there for someone like me

I
I have so much going on they say
you ask, but they are too busy, well I wasn't
why are you mad? they want to know
then when you tell them they get all defensive

Maybe
Maybe if you didnt want me to count on you
you should'nt have so openly accepted
you should've felt guilty for what I gave
knowing if I'd need, youd make me feel rejected

Now
now that I see the truth in all you
why dont I feel mistaken?
for all that I gave when you needed
without anything I've ever taken?

Everything
everything I spend my life giving others
freely, expecting not even a thank you
just that you're there if I need you some day
but even with that, you just fell through.

(This does not pertain to anybody in passions, so please any readers that may glance over this... do not take it personally because of my directive manner of writing.)

Strive for higher levels, if they seem out of reach... Grow, and they will get closer.

[This message has been edited by ThUnDeRkYsS (05-26-2002 03:28 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 B.J.Howe - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-05-26 02:52 AM

I liked the way you wrote this and do I EVER understand these feelings. It does come back to you eventually....I am finding this out now, and it's been a long time coming. Hang in there
ThUnDeRkYsS
since 1999-09-23
Posts 727
Wisconsin
2 posted 2002-05-26 03:22 AM

Thank you SEA, I'm glad you are getting some back {{HUGZ}}  It is just so painfully difficult to spend so much time giving to others, freely, openly, and most of all WANTING to be there for somebody, and having them tell you just how much that meant to them all the times you did it, but then the one time you need back... everything is different.  One or two is usually expected like that, but just about all?  Makes us stronger having to go it alone I guess, just that people dont understand that even though they cant change your problems or make them better, just being there makes a world of difference.

Strive for higher levels, if they seem out of reach... Grow, and they will get closer.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 2002-05-26 08:14 AM

Hon, I KNOW this...I really really do...but you know what? There will be people who are there for you, even if they're not now. All I can say is - try not to let the selfishness of others destroy your good nature, and your caring.

K

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2002-05-26 06:12 PM

let me tell you something though..I use to be the one who everyone came to for help or understanding.. but when it happens to you they  don't know  what to do because they never needed to give to you before...
some people are caretakers and givers  others  may not know  how..don't let it mean the end of some friendships...I was told a long time ago...that there are all levels of friends..some think they are your best friend in the only ways they know how to be

hugs
M

LadyPeach1
since 2001-06-04
Posts 282

5 posted 2002-05-27 09:24 AM

This was a wonderfully written poem, nice way of expressing your thoughts and feelings! write on.
LP1

Jessica
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-28
Posts 350
South AL
6 posted 2002-05-27 06:47 PM

Hon,
If I am not mistaken, haven't we talked about this person before?  You expressed your feelings very well in this poem but you need to tell her exactly how you feel.  You do what you feel is right though, sweetie.  

*hugs&kisses*

Jess

ThUnDeRkYsS
since 1999-09-23
Posts 727
Wisconsin
7 posted 2002-05-28 09:30 PM

Jessica - This poem is not about one person in particular... it is about many.  People I have known for years, many people I know who are simply making me feel like I dont have anyone lately.  People who have been there a time or two in the past, so its not like they dont know how or arent that type of person.  Just very frustrating to me the way it is working during the most difficult thing in my life I've ever had to deal with.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Why do you do it?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary