navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Valentines Day memories
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Valentines Day memories Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas

0 posted 2001-01-23 02:19 PM

Cutting out the hearts
Pasting on the lace
Sprinkling on the glitter
While dreaming of your face
This day is meant for lovers
That mean so much to you
Giving them your heart
In all you say and do
Showering them with roses
A kiss here and there
Maybe a diamond ring
Showing them that you care
A night on the town
A dinner just for two
Candles and wine
Hoping they get the clue
That the love you have for them
Is as strong as it can be
No one can take their place
They are your eternity

hmmmmmmmmm yet .......

Here I sit alone
With no lover in my sight
No kisses here and there
No dinner by candle lite
No roses in my arms
No ring on my hand
No midnight walks
On the beach's sands
No one to hold me close
And wipe away my tears
No one to share the night
And chase away my fears
If Valentines Day was meant
To show your love so true
What about us, single ones
What are we suppose to do?

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

© Copyright 2001 Mags - All Rights Reserved
wandering
since 2001-01-21
Posts 92

1 posted 2001-01-23 08:06 PM

such a lonely poem...it really is emotional...which is good...i hope your valentine calls soon

lost in thought, found in words.
wanderer

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2001-01-25 02:05 PM

I know that I have experienced this so many times...I would pick my favorite of all the woman I know and buy her a card or a box of candy or whatever and perhaps it will soften her heart...there are always possibilities...never hurts to spread a little love...James
firecrakker
since 2000-10-20
Posts 235
Virginia
3 posted 2001-01-25 04:44 PM

Interesting question in this.... although, I think that the grass often looks greener from whatever side you're looking from..(I think that made sense... )..Anyway, I enjoyed this poem and I hope you find what you're seeking.

Sheila

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
4 posted 2001-01-26 04:49 PM

Ok, I had to read this, seeing as how my birthday is Valentine's Day...call me Cupid...hehe!   I don't cellibrate V-day because it's my day. But I do find other ways to show the person I may be with how much I care. Although, I too find myself alone, with no one to share expressions such as are written in this piece. I know where you are, I am very familliar with this posission. Hugs to you my dear. Thanks for sharing.  

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
5 posted 2001-01-26 05:12 PM

Hi Dark-kisses-Within,

Only one time can I remember having a Valenyines Day to really be happy about and that was because someone asked me to marry him, but ever sence then,
"Oh it's just another day"
Is the aswer when I ask if were doing anything so I don't know if it matters what side of the septic tank your on, but your poem was great and hoping and wishing for you the very best.

Love, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
6 posted 2001-01-26 05:22 PM

Beautifully written but so sad  ( I'm a hopelessly mushy romantic. When I read poems like this, they just tug at my heartstrings. lol It's been awhile since I've been single, but I know what it's like to feel "unloved". I have a suggestion. Why sit around and feel melancholy? Dress yourself up; go all out and treat yourself to whatever you think makes you look HOT! lol. Then lighten up your face with a beautiful smile and just go out. And I don't mean "out" like singles bars...just out in public...wherever... Smile at men..turn their heads..give yourself a big ego boost. And if you're daring enough, turn the tables on us men. Who says it's wrong for you to just come up to us on Valentines day and give us a valentine treat? Think of how much fun it could be to just go out and play the flirt without intending to necessarily "pick up" anyone.
Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

7 posted 2001-01-26 11:57 PM

Easy, Dark, it sounds like you are setting yourself up for a cry.  Not that such a thing is all bad, but on V day?  Rascalx seems to have the right idea.
It's been my experience that when you aren't getting the emotional feedback that you need, you should try to give yours away and lighten someone elses day.  It may help, and half is better than nothing.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Valentines Day memories

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary