navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Burden To All
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Burden To All Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2001-10-23 07:30 PM

Thought I was doing well,
Bringing forth miracles out of the darkness,
But a bitter sun has dawned,
And I'm cut by it's harshness.

To sustain so much,
Right down to stretching every dollar,
It all amounts to nothing,
And no one hears me as I holler.

All I thought I had in every aspect of my life,
Apparently just daydreams,
Little follies,
To help me deal with the strife.

I see now I'm a burden to society,
To friends and loved ones,
Not a miracle worker,
And not a touched one.

So I apologise one and all,
For loving or expecting too much,
For wanting smiles, love and laughter,
For hoping for a special touch.

I will be a burden no more,
I will lock my thoughts and feelings away,
And become another soulless entity,
For it seems it's the only way......

*The greatest warrior is one that does not need to fight* ~Isis~

© Copyright 2001 Isis - All Rights Reserved
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
1 posted 2001-10-23 09:59 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

isis...no....open up your heart, give us those thoughts, tell us everything and everything and everything. be happy and continue wanting laughter and love and everything good. i doubt very much youre seen as a burden--so its horrid knowing youre feeling like this sweets. (((Big Cuddle)))

i think you did a wonderful ( but sad ) job of conveying your emotions. good job on the poem, and remember- theres nothing wrong in wanting the good things life has to offer.  

"......",said the wise mute.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2001-10-23 10:24 PM

Cherish hon thankyou *hugs*..
I don't know if I'm capable of giving it up and keeping it all inside anyways..  but I do FEEL like everything I believed in has been pulled out from under me at present....
Don't worry I'll be alright, I am just low today... too much happening to cope with perhaps??
Thanks so much for your comforting...

Isis

Immortal Beloved
since 2001-10-17
Posts 42
the carpathians
3 posted 2001-10-24 01:08 AM

hey isis  
  *sigh* i relate to these feeling you've expressed so much,i fear i have perhaps in many ways become that souless entity you speak about towards the end. And i know that knowing others have felt the same things your feeling doesn't really help,but it's all the comfort i can offer,that's the thing about this internet stuff,it's so distant,really life in general is just pretty distant all and all, sadly,but there always seem to be people who care.......

at any rate i thought this was well written,good work!!

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt~Julius Caesar

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2001-10-24 01:31 AM

Thankyou Immortal Beloved..  it seems my turn to be let down or something.  When I need a shoulder no one is available.  I can deal ok it just hurts....

Isis

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
5 posted 2001-10-24 01:40 AM

Oh it is heart wrenching to feel this way.  If it's any consolation I'm on the same page.  It makes me want to fast forward to the end or flip back to the beginning.
Either way, somehow we get stuck in the middle of our inevitable pain.  No one ever said life was fair, but tomorrow is another day.  I took comfort in your words Isis.

Thank you.

alibaster
since 2001-07-07
Posts 299
In my own private hell...(PA).
6 posted 2001-10-24 09:29 AM

Isis,
Your words hit home to the point of hurt...and I wish there were some thing I could say that would take your sadness and lock it far away..yet I know from my own expirience that all of the words in the world will not change the feelings you are emoting{sp}. I wish you well and even if it may not seem it to you at this point in time...you are not a alone!!
Until...ali

"There is an alter ego which dwells within every soul." (C)alibaster 1999-2001

"Sleep those little slices of death, how I loathe them." Edgar Allan

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2001-10-24 02:04 PM

Good expression, release of pain here Isis. Sorry you feel so down- me, I have pretty good sized shoulders and have never avoided tear stains on them - you're welcome to use them anytime, if only verbally (considering the distance)...

Hang in there and walk easy, my friend.

jwesley

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
8 posted 2001-10-24 10:45 PM

you are not a burden. . . don't ever forget that. . .

wonderfully done. . . but yes. . .sad. . .

------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
9 posted 2001-10-24 11:23 PM

Thanks my friends I appreciate the kind thoughts but like Alibaster said I have to work through it, in my own time, by my own beliefs etc.

Isis

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
10 posted 2001-10-25 04:52 PM

I have lost control over my life many times and that is when I need God more than ever...a time for me to determine what is important and what is unimporant to me and focus appropriately...James
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
11 posted 2001-10-31 06:39 AM

Isis..I know the feeling, really know it and am going through it myself at the moment...one minute wanting to "throw in the towel" and the next planning what to doto save myself...the highs and lows are the worst, bouncing around with hope one minute and it's gone the next...and to being able to count on anyone when most needing it. I wrote one called  burden just last week.

Sometimes, others just don't know how much they are needed, even for a smile, a hug, or a word of knowing.

((hugs))
Maureen

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
(J.Garland)

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
12 posted 2001-11-01 08:29 PM

James , Thankyou God is with me always I know that, I remember that and it makes the burden a little lighter....

Maureen, thankyou too, it is sad when people use you, forget you, don't listen to you etc.  It's a part of everyday life I know, but it still hurts and confuses all the same.
How about we lick 'em together??

Isis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Burden To All

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary