navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Physics of Nothingness
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Physics of Nothingness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JT
since 2001-09-28
Posts 69
Arkansas, USA

0 posted 2001-10-19 11:17 PM

THE PHYSICS OF NOTHINGNESS

A confused young woman from a Canadian border town spends years in an asylum seeking purpose for her dismal life.  She finds true happiness within the tarnished walls.  She appreciates the beauty in things that some people consider truly ugly.  She lives a short life, but somehow she knows that she lived for a reason.

All we really see is the past.                            
Nothing we experience will last.        
An entire lifetime can go by so fast      
that it's easy to get lost in the past.          

A smart kid from the Carolina's has plans for his future. Someday he'll be famous, someday he'll be well known. He's got books inside his head, ideas he's formulating. Theories he may prove.  Snakebite to the ankle kills him at age eighteen.

A thin Welsh orphan ends up on the street at a young age. No one to take care of her, she has to fend for herself. No money, no family, no home. Has to resort to turning tricks just to keep fed.  It's not a pretty life, but for one brilliant moment love was found in the arms of another woman.                                            

Nothing we experience will last.        
An entire lifetime can go by so fast        
that it's easy to get lost in the past.            

JT

[This message has been edited by JT (edited 10-19-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 JT - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2001-10-20 11:39 PM

this is intense, and so sad....we all live for a reason, there is purpose for us all. I just wish we could understand clearly while in the moment....
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2001-10-21 06:47 PM

I agree with Sea hon, this is so sad there is no hope in it.....
I know some people live lives like that, but the secret is for YOU not to, you must make the legends, the myths, the happiness etc. and not worry that it's all futile that at any moment it'll all be over....
We all have within us the power to do the unimaginable..  

Isis

*The greatest warrior is one that does not need to fight* ~Isis~

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
3 posted 2001-10-21 07:44 PM

"He's got books inside his head, ideas he's formulating.
Theories he may prove.  Snakebite to the ankle kills him at age eighteen."

wow this is trully awesome jt! i could picture all three ppl so vividly. the switch between prose and poetry was sumthing i hadnt seen until i read this, and i think you interchanged between them really well. good job on the piece jt, i really enjoyed the read heaps. keep em coming

see the glass crack like a flower opening

JT
since 2001-09-28
Posts 69
Arkansas, USA
4 posted 2001-10-21 10:46 PM

Thanks to all of you for your replies.  Yours was especially flattering to read cherish.  This was very different for me and I like to keep doing things different but it's good to hear someone else's perspective.  I really didn't even realize how sad it was until I read the replies, I guess it felt so good to write that I didn't even see the sadness. Thanks a lot.

JT

Baroni
since 2001-10-14
Posts 94
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2001-10-22 11:25 AM

Very sad, but at the same time it gives us the feeling that somehow, because this has not happened to us yet, we should make a difference, for all those who can't.  depressing, and yet uplifting at the same time... Wonderful....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Physics of Nothingness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary