navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » i hide to cry (everyone read)
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic i hide to cry (everyone read) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
litle_krazy_poet
since 2001-01-17
Posts 71

0 posted 2001-01-28 02:50 AM

i hide to cry
i don’t know why
i’m just so sad
it’s not my dad
i can not show
the ones i know
of my art
it show my heart
and if they see
what will i be
a softy wuss
or a sissy  puss
o play along
to show i’m strong
but the gentle me
it that the key
it goes good with girls
the other gets me referrals
they say i’m  sweet
but what does that beat
it beets the guys who like to rise
to get in a fight
when the time is right
i will jump in
to show i’m within
this life of theirs
but who really cares
but if i leave
what do i achieve
i give up that life
and they might give me the knife
but i’m a guy
and that is why
i hide to cry

i was really depresed when i wrote this later today i hope you like it  

somethings need poems and then there are thoes that are just for fun

© Copyright 2001 Matt - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2001-01-28 07:08 AM

LKP, I don't know what to say. You have got to be strong! You don't have to walk down the path of knifes and blood etc. It isn't a nice place to wander.

Keep to this side of the fence and I hope that things get better for you.

~AF~

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
Buddha

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
2 posted 2001-01-28 07:16 AM

hey it's all going to be ok. i really don't know what to say i'm sorry.
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
3 posted 2001-01-28 09:36 AM

Everyone gets judged. Everyone has problems...
Guys do generally have to be strong, that is true.... however, I know lots of girls who find artsy guys like you attractive. Personally, I luv artsy types.
I usually get hurt by them, because they are just as emotional as me, and I have to be the practical one. Yuck!
Nice poem!!
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2001-01-28 09:37 AM

Incredible expressions LKP ... you've tugged at my heart with this poem this morning. If this is true to life, and I'm interpreting this right, it sounds as though some people around you don't appreciate your artistic side.  

It's hard sometimes to find a balance ... but you can see that there are a LOT of young men here in the Teen Forum, and an equal number of men throughout the other forums. You are not alone.

Artistic expression is a gift that not all people have, and therefore some do find it difficult to understand. All I can suggest is that you find a balance ... time to explore all aspects of your being while continuing to focus on the dreams of what "you" yourself wish to be. Down the road, the others may be proud to read of your artistic accomplishments, and they'll be the one's saying "I knew him when" ...  

Best wishes and hugs,
/Kit

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
5 posted 2001-01-28 10:05 AM

This one is really awesome! I know what ur goin through...it's not fun   But just remember...its OK to cry!! Everybody needs to take a lil stress off now & then! Well thats all I really got to say....great job, keep postin!

Luv Always,  
  ~*~P*R*I*S*C*I*L*L*A~*~

How come it is so easy for a person to say "I hate you," but it is so difficult for someone to say "I love you" and really mean it????

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

6 posted 2001-01-28 10:59 AM

hey, Matt, right?
I hear ya 100%.  
Men don't cry!! well that's what they say
I think most of us hide to cry at least some of the time.
This was a nice poem.  Well done
~Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-01-28 10:25 PM

I hear where you're coming from. I hide to cry too.....not because i'm afraid of what people will think or whether they'd think im a wuss or not.......but I hide it because I really don't want people to know i'm vulnerable or weak at the moment. I don't want counseling or advice....so that's why I hide.
Regardless of my reasons, I find yours to be valid aswell. Great job in expressing.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

litle_krazy_poet
since 2001-01-17
Posts 71

8 posted 2001-01-29 12:06 PM

AF: i'm staying strong and it's to late i can't get back on the other side will at least i'm staying strong

katherine: you don't have to be sorry for anything

Jenn: thanks but i don't know any girls that like what i do or guys. and think of artsy guys and really deep and then you should be a lot better off.  they like things that you might like well i hope this helps.

Kit:that is right i don't have many people to shair my poetry with just a couple. and then all of you thanks, and i can see that there are a lot of guys in this fourm and others but that is here and not where i live but they still listen or read my poetry, it is hard for people to understand my poetry when i give it to them and also, and it is hard to find a balence betwieen me and and the other people who don't under stand me. and i don't wnat to give up poetry witch i love so much, and i'm going to ake a book of poetry soon so that might happen lol right well any way thanks.  

Priscilla: thanks for feeling what i'm trying to say.  and it has it been a log time since i have taken a brake from realty

Jason: ya that is my name and thanks for hearing me.

Dopy: i know that all to well but you can't hide it forever turst me

thnaks for all who replyed it means so much to me that you all read my poetry. i have almosat no body to read my poetry and like it thank you all so much you are like the family i never had much love to you all
LKP ~Matt~

somethings need poems and then there are thoes that are just for fun

Hallie_Angel
since 2000-12-06
Posts 102

9 posted 2001-01-29 03:53 PM

Matt,
I may be a girl and all, but to us it is okay to cry. Guy's have this whole tough thing going on. I think it is good to cry. It is releasing a pain inside of you. When my friend Jesica died a whole lot of guys cryed. I mean weeped endlessly. Then it was okay to cry. In my point of view it should always be okay to cry! I feel your sorrow man. I'm going through a h*** of a time too. Writing poems helps get it out of your system. Keep em' coming man. See ya round!

~Catherine

Hallie_Angel
since 2000-12-06
Posts 102

10 posted 2001-01-29 03:53 PM

Matt,
I may be a girl and all, but to us it is okay to cry. Guy's have this whole tough thing going on. I think it is good to cry. It is releasing a pain inside of you. When my friend Jesica died a whole lot of guys cryed. I mean weeped endlessly. Then it was okay to cry. In my point of view it should always be okay to cry! I feel your sorrow man. I'm going through a h*** of a time too. Writing poems helps get it out of your system. Keep em' coming man. See ya round!

~Catherine

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
11 posted 2001-01-29 06:45 PM

I know what your going through and it's tough but I'm sure you'll get through it. No matter what anyone tells you it's ok to cry even though it's hard for me to cry in front of people. Keep up the awsome work and I hope everything gets better.
  Lauren

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2001-01-30 06:06 PM

To tell you the truth, I've found crying in front of someone close to me to be more helpful.  I don't hide my emotions from family or friends, just to strangers.  Believe me when I say it helps a lot.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
13 posted 2001-01-30 06:47 PM

I've never shared any of my poems with anyone but you guys and girls (I've never really thought about how many guys do post here) and maybe an English teacher now and then for an assignment.  Crying?  Uh....what's that?  Anyway, great job on the poem, it's done really well.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » i hide to cry (everyone read)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary