navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Hill Billy Willie
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hill Billy Willie Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCsftball16
since 2001-05-17
Posts 39

0 posted 2001-06-08 06:59 PM

i wrote this one day during lunch when i was sitting with all my friends, and this guy people call hill billy willie, was sitting all by himself with no one else around him. i really admire everyone that has to put up with people that are mean! i hate mean people...!

No one to love him, no one to talk with,
He sits at lunch alone.
He shares his stories with nobody,
A friend he has none.
He sits there during lunch,
Watching other people's cliques.
Sits there taking his punishment,
As people call him a hick.
Once a little boy,
Never knew what his fate would be.
Not knowing he was different,
And would be teased by everybody.
Would it have made a difference?
If he wasn't the way he is?
If he was someone else?
Would they treat him like he lives?
But he has to keep marching on,
As if he won the war.
Only suck up the pain,
And ask for even more.
Pain tells him that he's living,
When others think he's not.
He only trusts one being,
And God is all he's got.

© Copyright 2001 LeCrisha - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2001-06-08 07:55 PM

well tell me this.....why can't/won't YOU go sit with him and be his friend?! If it really bothered you....you would.....your time in school is nothing on the big picture of life.....but your actions could change his picture......ya know? Try to practice what you preach.....don't just sit there and watch him be ignored....be his friend. It could be you just as easily, that no one talks to! ~SEA
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
2 posted 2001-06-08 08:34 PM

Sea has a good point!
I thought the same thing.

I just got back from a State Conention. (Those of you who are in FFA know what I'm talking about.) While I was there we had several speakers talking to our organization on a variety of Leadership and Character improving topics. Your poem reminded me of something one of the speakers said... He said "Just because someone isn't hanging out with other people...doesn't mean he or she doesn't want to." Be a better person than your friends and the other people at your school. Who cares if he isn't apart of your "clique." Now... This has bothered you enough to write a poem- Hopefully it will bother you enough to take action.
And on that note- I leave... But not without saying you wrote a great poem first. So- Great Poem!

LCsftball16
since 2001-05-17
Posts 39

3 posted 2001-06-08 10:17 PM

well i did get to know this kid in history class. and itz not like he doesn't have friends, he does... he just didn't have n e friends in that lunch. i like picking people out and writing out their lives. i shouldn't have posted this poem i know cuz i kinda knew it would get some people angry with me! sorry! i'm just not the type of person to go up to people... i'm soo not a people person and u guyz are going to say i need to be, but this is the way i am...
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
4 posted 2001-06-08 10:43 PM

Oh no no no! I'm not angry at all.  
I thought my reply migh come across that way... But I didn't mean for it to. It's just a thought that popped in my head when reading it...And hopefully maybe others will be inspired to talk to others they think are lonely or whatever. I liked the poem. And I'm glad you got to know the guy.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-06-10 12:19 PM

It's not about blaming you for all his hardships...it's about just showing you that one person can make a difference......
Good job on the poem.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Hill Billy Willie

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary