navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » screaming
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic screaming Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia

0 posted 2001-01-27 02:19 AM

i don't know where i got the idea for this poem it just seemed to flow.

Screaming

Screaming out in pain. I don't knw what to do. You keep on screaming out my name. You and me we've been through worse. I guess this time you finally cracked.

What to do about it i don't know.

I hate to see you in such agony, but i don't know what to do. I miss you, the old you. The you that was kind but strong. Now you are but a mere shadow of yourself.

We used to be so good together you and me. We'd stamp out the trouble together. That was until i got to weak to fight. After that you'd fight all alone, while i lent on you for surport.

But in time you lost your strengh. I guess we both knew it was enevitable. Day by day you grew weaker. Each fight became harder for you to handle. But you still kept on fighting. Fighting for the both of us.

But that last fight wiped you out. It didn't last long, you were to weak. It wasn't your fault, believe me i don't blame you. You did your best. I knew it wouldn't last.

I knew you couldn't survive.

When you colapsed i was afraid you were dead. I started to make my way over to you. Then i heard it. It was like nothing i'd ever heard before. It took me a while to realise that it was coming from you. You were screaming out in pain. You've been screaming ever since.

© Copyright 2001 Katie - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-01-27 02:26 PM

Hey wow this was really good. The little story was well thought out and written. Congrats on this one. A wonderful job on it!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

anomaly187
since 2000-06-15
Posts 284
San Francisco,CA,US
2 posted 2001-01-27 11:11 PM

this WAS a great story!...i love the technique you write in..origianl and delightful..great work

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
3 posted 2001-01-28 12:20 PM

this was absolutely great. i love the passion that came out in it. i wish i could write like this. wonderful job.

Valerie

*...Remember your roots, my friend they're right down below, because heroes come and heroes go...* - Creed

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-01-28 06:44 AM

Katherine, this is fantastic. There is nothing like writing on emotions and you have done it here.

Bravo to you.

~AF~

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
Buddha

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2001-01-28 11:06 PM

most amazing read Katherine.  You're a good narator of your story.  thanks for the beautiful read.  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » screaming

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary