navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » On Gallows Hill Part II
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic On Gallows Hill Part II Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MidnightMaverick
since 2001-01-15
Posts 35
Duluth, MN, USA

0 posted 2001-01-26 08:59 PM

Here I stand with the scratchy rope around my neck and binding my wrists. The tears have stopped, it's no use crying anymore. Those who have accused me have no mercy in their souls for someone like me.

As the pastor preaches the words of the Apostles, my eye gaze past the crowd of masses that have formed and look towards the green hills. The sun starts coming out from the clouds, birds start to sing, and the fear inside has disappeared.

Then I look back at the crowd and stare at those who have accused me just as the man in black, one by one, hangs the others. I focus on one person right up until the man in black came to me and I hung there, dangling, feeling the life slip slowly away and peace coming over my body.

I saw his eyes as he watched me die. The I one that I had loved, and would love for all time. As the dark of death came I saw Her at his side. She did this to me. May God have mercy on her soul.

[This message has been edited by MidnightMaverick (edited 01-26-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 MidnightMaverick - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-01-26 10:43 PM

This was really good. I liked it but very sad. If this is from a personal experience....not that you've been hanged literally....but rather betrayed by a woman, then sorry.
GReat job on it though!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

anomaly187
since 2000-06-15
Posts 284
San Francisco,CA,US
2 posted 2001-01-26 11:06 PM

i didn't read pt.1 but i can say pt.2 is amazing...very unique...great work

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-01-27 01:56 PM

amazing
original way of puting your feelings into writing
great job
keep sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » On Gallows Hill Part II

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary