navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » She Hurts Me
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic She Hurts Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lilpoet
since 2000-12-30
Posts 55
Dallas,Tx

0 posted 2001-01-17 10:00 PM

I hate her
She hurts me so much
Her every word
Sends tears down my face

She doesn't understand me
And doesn't like who I am
I'm just different
Not her, I guess

When I cry
She makes fun of me
I get hurt eaisly
And she just can't see

Maybe I don't hate her
I can't, she's my mom
I'm in so much pain
And she doesn't even care

I don't know what to do
I could keep my feelings inside
But that wouldn't be right
It wouldn't be me

I'm the sensitive type
Not like anyone else in my family
I get hurt eaisly
And it takes a lot to make me laugh

She thinks I'm depressed
That's not me
Sensitive is the word
Why can't she see

When she makes fun of me
Of course I'm gonna cry
I don't take the pain
It's too hard to hold inside

She also makes fun of my poetry
That's what's gets me the most
It's my favorite thing to do
That's why I'm here on earth

So I don't know what to do
If you have advice I'll take it
I don't like it when she treats me that way
She just hurts me

~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd be holding the entire midnight sky in my hands~

© Copyright 2001 Nicole Chandler - All Rights Reserved
Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
1 posted 2001-01-17 10:12 PM

wow, I'm sorry to hear things are like that...I don't really have any advice cuz my mom is kinda the same way but downscaled. but one thing is for sure don't let anyone tell you that your a bad poet, cuz that was great. Don't let anyone stand in between you and your writing. I hope things get better for you...

>¶Øʆ<

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2001-01-18 12:59 PM

Aww lil poet I am so sorry to hear things are like this between your mother and yourself. Just remember that writing is a great thing to have and from what you have written here I believe that you have been given a gift. Express yourself through your words and write your way out. No one deserves to have that done to them and if you can write, you can be strong. One day she will understand, until then hold your head high and never stop scribbling those thoughts on paper.  
If you ever need to talk to me my email is : shadowchaser46@hotmail.com .  

~AF~

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
Buddha

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2001-01-18 04:51 AM

I have had the experience of having friends make fun of my poetry.  It was insanely painful.

As far as a mother who doesn't like me much, I don't have one.  However, I can give you some advice loosely based on the discussions on social issues that I often have with her.  

Firstly, writing poetry is probably THE best way to recover from these experiences.  I think we all need that happy medium between reality and "fantasy".  I mean, in my own life, I have constructed entire worlds to write stories about.  When I'm blue, or not doing anything, I often like to just go into them and watch the people live in a high tech society where poverty and crime and all, have been eliminated.  

Also, don't be afraid to cry.  If your mother will make fun of you, then go off into your room and cry instead.  According to the discussions I have had with family members, crying can be a release of both bottled up emotion, and chemicals.

Finally, try talking to people about this, both here, and with people in real life.  If you think people will laugh at you, then talk to a counsellor instead.  Most schools have counsellors that listen to people's problems.

SO, hope this helps.  I will pray for u also.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-01-18 06:00 PM

Nice one here.....quite sad though. The situation you're in sucks. But keep going without lookin back......you'll be happy you did.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2001-01-19 10:30 AM

I don't have anything to add really to the other's advice.  Great job of writing your poem though.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Ski*Chick
since 2001-01-13
Posts 141
Fitchburg, Mass, Usa
6 posted 2001-01-20 02:50 PM

I'm sorry. Talk to her maybe, tell her how you feel when she says stuff to you. My ex boyfriend hates when I write poems, I don't care what he thinks it's what you think not what others think. If poetry is the only thing that gets your anger out then it's your right to write. If you need to talk email me at minluc2501@yahoo.com I'm open to talk about anything. I hope things get better between your mom and you, come here and write here it might make you feel better. Best wishes ~*~Min~*~  
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2001-01-20 03:05 PM

Hugs to you Lilpoet ... you've expressed so much in this tender and heartfelt poem. I'm so sorry things are difficult right now.

You've been given a lot of very good advice above, and I'd like to add a little as well.  Sometimes people truly don't mean to come across the way they do, and are often surprised that others perceive them that way.  Communication is so very important to help family members understand each other.

We're all different ... I too was the shy, sensitive one when I was young. I often took a backseat to an older brother and sister ... and writing was my little world to release my feelings. I always somehow found time for just me and mom though, and sometimes the way I interpreted her actions weren't really what she had meant. Do you ever have times when you and your mom can have time alone just to talk? If you can, perhaps you could talk to her about how you feel ... how important writing is to you ... how much it hurts when you feel she is laughing at you.

I hope things work out for you. Keep writing and sharing your thoughts. We're all here to listen and share our experiences ...

Best wishes and hugs to you,
/Kit

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-01-21 12:39 PM

This definately isnt right for your mom to be doing. I think that you should definately talk to her about what she is doing. Maybe she doesnt even realize how all of this is effecting you...regaurdless never let go of your writing...no matter what anyone says or does to you, if its what you truly love then hold on to it and never let it go. I hope things get better for you between u and your mom...good poem hun  
GirlsBestFriend
since 2000-12-27
Posts 71
Planet Earth
9 posted 2001-01-21 03:37 AM

this is a good poem. u see I like your poetry and u have a gift so don't ever lose it. keep writing. I've been through this and I'll write it a poem but now and if I'm in your shoes I'll show her this poem and ask her to read it once. in addition, don't take things to heart. NEVER STOP WRITING EVER PLEASE.

~lotsa luv

"Isn't it funny how to the world you are nothing? But then to one person..you're the world"

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
10 posted 2001-01-21 10:21 AM

I'm sorry your mom is acting like this.  
I understand completly that poetry is your life. I write when I'm sad, depressed, happy, disapointed, etc. Sometimes it's a daily ritual!! Anyway, don't stop writing 'cause one day you'll be able to do some amazing stuff w/ your gift. Besides it's quite theraputic.   Good luck.
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2001-01-22 04:42 PM

"communcation" is a good solution to any problem
still in the end, Don't let anyone tell you that you are less than who you really are or what you can do.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » She Hurts Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary