navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » We've Come Close
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic We've Come Close Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lilpoet
since 2000-12-30
Posts 55
Dallas,Tx

0 posted 2001-03-30 07:07 PM

*dedicated to my school for all the stress we've had to deal with today.  I thank GOD that nothing has happened yet.*

We've come close
But never that far
We're really lucky
Not to have that scar

Police surround the doors
Escape routes are made
We think we're gonna die
But this is where we've stayed

I guess the gunmen get scared too
So they turn away
We're still prepared, yet
We go to school with fear everyday

Our teachers tell us
Live each day as your last
We're holding on to the future
Praying our school won't blast

We've come close
But never had to cry a tear
We're praying and staying strong
Even though we're filled with fear

~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd be holding the entire midnight sky in my hands~

© Copyright 2001 Nicole Chandler - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2001-03-30 10:36 PM

Oh gosh, I can really feel the fear in this piece. It's always hard to live your life in fear, and I just hope that things go ok for you and your school. Thanks for sharing.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
2 posted 2001-03-31 01:31 AM

god....i would go crazy if i had to feel like that every time i went to school..i feel for you...hang in there buddy...
AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
3 posted 2001-03-31 03:11 AM

I am so grateful that no school in my country has had to deal with this devastation and destruction.  Living in a place like New Zealand we don't really know what it's like, everything is just so far away, we see it on the television, hear it on the radio, read it in magazines, but it's not real.  And I'm so glad.
My heart goes out to anyone who has had to suffer a loss like this.

Very moving.

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 posted 2001-03-31 03:05 PM

That's terrible that you have to go to school like that.  I'm sorry... stay strong.
This is a good poem, I enjoyed reading it.  Keep posting.

--Marie

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2001-03-31 05:10 PM

This is definitely a terrible thing happening in society nowadays.  I just pray that everything stops now.  I guess that's the only thing we could cling on to.  I have my prayers for you.

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
6 posted 2001-03-31 09:23 PM

Indeed, this is an unfortunate situation.  Great poem though, I especially liked the part that said "Gunmen get scared too."  It defined them as humans, despite their acts.  I thought this was quite daring.
Well done.
~Allan

The sun was born, so it shall die. ~VNV Nation, "Further"

Linc
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
7 posted 2001-03-31 10:51 PM

Hey,

That is sad but its true. My old school system had a history of violance in it. Even I got into my first fight in 3rd grade and just last month a student pulled a gun on another. I have see kids get their head bashed in by 30 people at one time. Its not pretty trust me but with help things will get better (I hope). Really good poem. Until your next

-- Linc

"Once you reach your original goal it seems that the journey was your real accomplishment."

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-04-01 09:51 PM

Nicely done here.
I'd hate to go to a school that has that kind of environment. God.....that would just be messed up. Hope all goes well with you.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » We've Come Close

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary