navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » (don't have a title yet)
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic (don't have a title yet) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

0 posted 2001-01-18 03:20 AM

(I'm really not to sure what to call this, I don't even know if you would consider it poetry or not. But I would really appreciate any feedback    good/bad    sorry it's so long            thanks)

I think that deep down inside you're just a scared little girl who so despritely wants to believe that there's still good in this world. But slowly, your finding out that that's not the case. You want the world to be filled with butterflies and flower's and cute little teddy bears singing nursery rhymes. But instead you walk around each day with dark clouds above your head because your so scared of what you see in front of you. You try so hard to run away from the world, from everyone and mostly yourself, but you can never seem to run fast enough or far enough. Where ever you turn there's always a demon above you telling you your not good enough, or your worthless or you'll never amount to anything. You start to cry and the tears fall from your face like water down a waterfall. Slowly your sliding backwards, but no one can stop you, or help you, because no one knows your falling. No one can see your frown behind that fake smile, and no one can hear your screams for help behind that fake laughter. No one knows how far gone you are because you were to afraid to let anyone, especially yourself, realize how fragile and weak you were on the inside. You wanted to be strong and powerful and wanted the strength and knowledge to do anything and overcome any obstacle. But it's time to give in and ask for help. You can't do it alone anymore. You were at the edge of the cliff and you couldn't stop yourself from falling. Now that your getting closer and closer to the bottom, you need someones help to lift you up. You don't have the strength to do it alone anymore. So, please, knock down your brick walls and cut the chains around your soul and just ask someone for help before it's to late.  

© Copyright 2001 CrazyChick - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2001-01-18 07:33 AM

I know...You could call it "the search for serenity"! don't mind me, I take everything personally...lol..and I'm sure this will strike a chord of truth in many readers, thank you.
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
2 posted 2001-01-18 08:02 AM

Crazychick,
I don't know whether it's poetry but it's very, very, good prose!
write on
Kethry

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life. Patty Hansen.

CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

3 posted 2001-01-19 12:27 PM

To Serenity and Kethry    thank you for your replys  I'm glad you liked it!
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
4 posted 2001-01-19 12:36 PM

It is very fine prose, for certain.  There is such a thing as prosaic poetry, yet I'm not certain what the parameters of such are.  It is an excellent pleading of one's case.
CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

5 posted 2001-01-19 01:06 AM

thank you Vas!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » (don't have a title yet)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary