navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Obsessive Compulsive .
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Obsessive Compulsive . Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angelswing
since 2000-02-10
Posts 705
United Kingdom

0 posted 2001-01-16 12:14 PM

Obsessive Compulsive .

Do I need hate ?
Do I need to feel pain ?
There must be a solution,
Why am I searching in vain ?

My problems could solve,
My hurt could reside,
But instead I am finding,
I would much rather hide .

I can’t make a choice,
I’m used to the remorse,
Now I hurt from habit,
I think my brains the source .

I find it’s screwing up again,
I’m not sure if I really care,
Cause whenever I start happiness,
My life it gets stripped bare .

It’s not that I don’t hold trust,
I trust those I hold true,
But the truth I’m holding now,
Is that I don’t trust you .

I trust you when you’re happy,
I trust you while you’re away,
The only thing I cannot trust,
Is why pick me today ?

Written by Tom Baker .©

Don't try, do or do not, there is no try .
- Master Yoda -

© Copyright 2001 angelswing - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2001-01-16 12:19 PM

Sounds like you are hurt and confused.....hope it gets better,   -SEA
Enola
since 2000-02-11
Posts 138
England
2 posted 2001-01-16 01:40 PM

I'm so glad you are asking yourself these questions.  I'm not just saying it, but I really do like this, I think I may have to print myself a copy. Thankyou for being so nice when you replyed to my post, I've left a message for you.  Take care, lol, Debs

The tragedy of it is that nobody sees the look of desperation on my face. Thousands and thousands of us, and we're passing one another without a look

Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England
3 posted 2001-01-16 01:57 PM

This asks a lot of really familiar questions, some of which I can't find the answers to!!  Enjoyed the whole thing!!  

:)>>Smiles from Sunny<<:)

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2001-01-16 02:07 PM

This poem makes me think about some of my recent relationships...just when it seems things are fitting together everything falls apart...time after time...I am learning not to be to anxious...to be patient and let it happen...already things are improving...the wrong ones will leave the right one will stay...some will be friends and some will be more no matter how I feel about it...I can only enjoy the moments.   James
angelswing
since 2000-02-10
Posts 705
United Kingdom
5 posted 2001-01-21 05:20 PM

Thanks all of you . James you really have hit the nail on the head there, the only problem is that I don't know what to do, when I care so much about someone who should be a 'wrong one', I find that no matter what I do, I have to put up with having a relationship on a knife edge all the time as she wont tell me simply that she cares for me like I care for her, even though I know she does . All I need is reasurance that my life is worth something .
Ta for listening all .
L.of.L. Tommy .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- Master Yoda -

Snow
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-10-16
Posts 1170
desert flower looking for rain
6 posted 2001-01-21 06:36 PM

this is a great soul searching piece.
i found it easy to read and ponder about at the same time...

on a side note, in your reply to James, you said "All I need is reasurance that my life is worth something ."

I'd like to give my 2cents on that, for all it's worth, I've gone down this road so many times that it has my name on it. Please look inside yourself for that reasurance. Validation based on someone else can be a hard and cruel reality that is not always real. Along with being totaly crushed.
Believe in yourself, and you'll see and believe in all of that worthyness.. and if that isn't a word.. *laughing* it is now.. *smiles*

thank you for sharing this piece... it's always good to be able to get inside ourself for a while. we're worth it!

Snow

(thanks for reading the ramble)

"...I am a river in winter,
quiet in the eyes of most
but deep,
swift and full of life
to one, lucky enough to fall through the ice.

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
7 posted 2001-01-21 08:08 PM

I completely understand this feeling and I will for a long time.  It sure is a shame when you have been hurt that bad that you have to think that way.  I hope that your hurt soon fades and that you are able to trust again.
Wonderful piece hon.

Love,
Lady

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

angelswing
since 2000-02-10
Posts 705
United Kingdom
8 posted 2001-01-25 12:34 PM

Thankyou both . Your replies are meet with great gratitude . I am glad you enjoyed the poem and that you can see what I'm babling on about .
Snow, I think we'll have to share for the rights on the name plac . It's not so much looking for reassurance, from others as I don't need other people to like me, it's just one person I need to care and show me that they do, as I can't keep giving out my love blindly, not knowing where I'm getting .
Thanks for listening .
LadyCat, I hope also that it fades soon, it doesn't seem to want to though, I'm glad you understand .
Thanks a lot .
L.of.L. Tommy .
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- Master Yoda -

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Obsessive Compulsive .

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary