navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Not Necessarily So...........(a small celebration!)
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Not Necessarily So...........(a small celebration!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England

0 posted 2001-02-25 12:04 PM

Today I'm celebrating the wonderful moments I've spent here at Passions with you, my family. You have given me many hours of complete enjoyment, and it still amazes me that so many poets from so many places can get together like this, and share what we love the most.......writing! So, this one's for all of you!! And keep writing!!

Do you write what you live,
or do you live what you write?
Do you pen from experience,
or from dreams of the night?
Is it just wishful thinking?
“Only if’s” that aren’t there?
Or is it carved in your soul...
Scars that heal when you share?

Do you contemplate details,
build your verse like a fort?
or does your pen just start writing,
words that you can’t abort?
Do you find yourself penning
your memories and dreams?
Or do you contemplate strictly
on visible things?

Do folks ever ask if your
poems are all true?
Just what makes them think
it all happens to you?
When they read the fantasies,
straight from your head...
Do they think it’s God’s truth,
and you lived what they read?!

A painter can paint...
A musician can play...
But a poet creates,
in a different way...
Using words to portray scenes
a reader can feel...
It’s an art, and as such,
could be false, could be real...

The stories are many,
Not all will be told...
The words are his sustenance,
and worth more than gold...
He writes with a passion
that burns deep within...
Mixing fiction with truth,
feeding thoughts through
his pen...

Live...Love...Be grateful for both!!

© Copyright 2001 Sunnyone - All Rights Reserved
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
1 posted 2001-02-25 12:10 PM

Wonderful conglomerate of ideas about writing, Sunnyone. Well done! I think I'm guilty of each type of writing. Even my fiction can be based on something I've heard of or experienced. Of course, I write pure fantasy, too.

So happy you are so happy being here at Passions.

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
2 posted 2001-02-25 12:45 PM

My sweet sister, you do know how to let the beauty of your soul shine don't you? These words are so perfect for the poet and of course you know that as you are truely a poet of much talent and vision. Now, I do believe that over time we have all come to know that if we were to pen of only true life circumstance, then we would never have the chance to kiss as many stars as we do. Wonderful write here sis, and have I told you that your new pic is just as lovely as you are. Full of your creative talent and eye for art but not hiding the beauty of the subject. Just how did you get all the looks in the family anyway?
Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England
3 posted 2001-02-25 01:06 PM

VAS...
Yes, I think we write from all of our inner resources, fact and fiction and sometimes a mix of both. I'm always in awe of authors like Stephen King!! What a fantastic muse he has!! Thanks, also!!

Hi Big Brother...
Oh......I love that expression..."kissing the stars!!" It goes along with my home page, and you wouldn't mind if I borrowed it for a poem, would you? Thank you for reading my little 3200 poem, and I'm glad you liked it, too. And, BTW, I don't have your picture, so it's very possible that YOU are the looker of the family!!! Ha!!!

Ariana
since 2000-10-08
Posts 571
Orlando, Florida
4 posted 2001-02-25 06:29 PM

Sunny

Beautifully written and true in so many ways. The few poems that I have written have come from my heart. I have to feel deeply what I am writing. Enjoyed this one!

Ariana

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
5 posted 2001-02-25 07:29 PM

Sunny - well done my friend. You know my writing, from the heart it comes. And so does yours.

BC

Taffetta
since 2001-02-26
Posts 27

6 posted 2001-02-26 04:03 PM

Most poets write from the heart and I see that you do too. Glad I stopped.

Taffetta

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2001-02-27 09:18 AM

Thank you for this one, Sunny

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
8 posted 2001-02-27 01:21 PM

Sunnyone, we who write, live to write and write to live. Sharing our poetry with others is like showing them a piece of our reality, as well as our dreams. I loved what you wrote for its a reflection of us poets and our lives.

A quarter of a century must pass, for the writer to understand what and why he writes.

Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England
9 posted 2001-02-27 04:13 PM

Ariana...
From the heart is the best, I think......I love all the raw emotion, whether it be happy or sad......it's still the stuff from which we're made! Thank you!!

Bill...
Ah, yes...so well do I know that we share those similarities, my friend.....you are one of the masters of the heart's expressions!! Carry on!!

Taffeta...
Hello, my new friend...and Welcome to the family of poets!! Thank you, and you're always welcome here in my little corner of the room!!

Kathleen...
You are welcome, and thank you for reading it!!

Walker...
I also appreciate your style, and the way you have of sharing special feelings! That is what it's all about, being a writer. We just HAVE to share, that's what keeps us going. Thank you, my good friend, and keep writing that wonderful stuff!!!!

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
10 posted 2001-02-28 01:57 PM

I was so busy answering the questions first time through, I had to go back and read again... but what a pleasure the return trip was. *S* Great work!
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
11 posted 2001-02-28 05:24 PM

Wonderful, Sunny. I am the one that writes my life, most of it is all too true. Ha, not that I can't conjur up a nice dream poem, occasionally.
This was fun, great write.
Sandra

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
12 posted 2001-02-28 05:26 PM

Wow ! That's sure a lot of well thought out questions...this is a very thought provoking piece...and I wandered through loving every line of it!!

The poet is like a cocoon; in him the caterpillar of the past finds rest, and from him the butterfly of the future emerges.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
13 posted 2001-02-28 05:33 PM

Sunny every thing I write is true...
a true reflection of my experienceses, desires, hopes, dreams and imagination...James

Zinsser
since 2001-02-27
Posts 1641
Calif.
14 posted 2001-02-28 06:29 PM

I realy like this... very very much
I write from the heart... real life...most of the time
Realy like the way this poem feels....

Thank You
~~~Connie~~~

Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England
15 posted 2001-02-28 09:48 PM

Hi Suthern...
Appreciate such a nice reply, and it's ok to read as many times as you like...(I always do the same with yours!!!) Thank you!!!

Hi Sandra...
Oh, best friend, I've read some of your most exquisite fantasies and they are beautiful!
I love reading everything that comes from your heart.......real life or not!! Thanks!!

Hi ethome...
Ah, it's a pleasure to see that you have been wandering through!! Thank you so much!!

Hi James...
I could see that you use all inspirations within and without.......fantastic, my friend, as nothing should be overlooked!! Now, please write me a poem about a nice, warm beach with coconuts and mai tais, and soft Hawaiian guitars in the background!! It is so cold where I'm at!!! Thank you!!

Hi Connie...
Thank you so much, and very nice to meet you!
I also want to add a 'Welcome to Passions!!'
I'm glad that you write from the heart...that is what most of us are really doing, and that's where our feelings start anyway.........keep writing, my new friend!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Not Necessarily So...........(a small celebration!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary