navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Prisoner of Pain
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prisoner of Pain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

0 posted 2001-02-18 07:47 PM

Prisoner of Pain

Having you for a mother I once thought was great but you have filled me with much distrust and hate
I hate your cruel, controlling, violent ways....sometimes i'm afraid to go to sleep.....terrified of the next day.
I never saw how you act till she left and i hate you for your part in this
You get jealous of my relationships with other people, you act like i am yours to keep.
Tell me, do you hear me at night when i weep? Do you hear what you have done to me?
Or do you turn your head and pretend not to see?
I want my wings so I can fly.....why do you hold me back? Please tell me why?
I'm 22, an adult, capable of my own decisions. You should no longer make them for me.....in fact you will not......although you think you do.
Do you think you're funny or cute? I have a secret to tell you.......I called CPS on you
I am stronger than you give me credit for.........you will fall......just wait and see.......i won't kill you.....like you have killed me.
I will no longer listen, I will no longer play........
I want to look forward to my brand new day.
I don't care what you do anymore......you've hurt me beyond words.
I only wish i had seen this sooner.......i would have left a long time ago.
But i defended you against everyone else......the person who you beat and belittle and then tell me that you love me........I told them "my mom isn't like that......you're making it up."
It's a shame, I've lost my true love to see.....
What it is exactly you have done to me.
I wanted to stay with her forever.....but you said "no,I won't have that!"
I partly blame you......and me.....for failing to see
because of you i have learned to hurt.....
I hurt the person who i love more than life. I only wanted her to be my wife.
I did not know what i was doing....i could not see.....until she told me she no longer loved me.
I am in therapy now trying to break free of your chains.
How much longer are you going to keep me a prisoner of your pain?

[This message has been edited by ParisGrl (edited 02-18-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 ParisGrl - All Rights Reserved
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
1 posted 2001-02-19 12:25 PM

i don't know the words to comfort but please, if you ever need a listening ear, do email me at this add: hkaile@hotmail.com

i may understand a little of your angusih...i spend most of my life trying to get my parents to give me more space and to make my own mistakes...parents can be rather possessive, dont they?

hugs

walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
2 posted 2001-02-19 10:12 AM

Writing and talking about one's pain is one of the best antidotes for pain. Believe it or not your sad experieces can make you a better person.All you have to know is how to shed from a crystalis to a butterfly. And the answer is inside you, no one can give it to you. Search your soul and time will reveal it. Perhaps is happening as I write to you. Because everything happens in one's life at the right time. TIMING IS EVERYTHING. God Bless you!
walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
3 posted 2001-02-19 10:12 AM

Writing and talking about one's pain is one of the best antidotes for pain. Believe it or not your sad experieces can make you a better person.All you have to know is how to shed from a crystalis to a butterfly. And the answer is inside you, no one can give it to you. Search your soul and time will reveal it. Perhaps is happening as I write to you. Because everything happens in one's life at the right time. TIMING IS EVERYTHING. God Bless you!
walker
Member Elite
since 2001-02-11
Posts 2240
Florida
4 posted 2001-02-19 10:12 AM

ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

5 posted 2001-02-19 12:55 PM

Kaile,

Thank you. I will e-mail you soon. take care of yourself.

Laura

Walker,

I am trying my best to fly.....thanks for responding.
Laura

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
6 posted 2001-02-19 12:59 PM

Laura, don't ever give up. . . keep working, keep growing, keep trying. . . you will make it. . .

Powerful words. . . excellent poem. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2001-02-19 01:02 PM

(((((((((((hug))))))))))))))

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

8 posted 2001-02-19 01:32 PM

John,

I am determined to keep going......its nice to see you. :-) e-mail me sometime.

Laura

Kathleen,

Thank you for the hug. I really need one right about now. {{{{{Kathleen}}}}}

Take Care,
Laura

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2001-02-20 01:24 PM

Just came back to read this again. . . glad that you're not giving up. . . and that e-mail thing works both ways Laura. . .

--------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Prisoner of Pain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary