navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » A Valentine's Day Dedication to my beloved and dear near kinswoman and younger sister
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Valentine's Day Dedication to my beloved and dear near kinswoman and younger sister Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

0 posted 2001-02-13 10:57 PM

Samantha,

As is tradition, Valentine's Day is a day for one's sweetheart. And I'll say this, for the last 32 1/2 yeas , you have been one sweetheart of a baby sister. I mean that. I wouldn't say it if I didn't. And I know there are times when I have been far less than the ideal older brother. And yes, at times I've acted callously, even against you sometimes. But it was spontaneous. It was nver out of spite I held for you. (Which I couldn't hold if I wanted to.) Often times I felt so bad I would cry. Yes, love, uncontrollably (of course, where nobody could see)

Samantha, I know how insignifigant and meaningless I appear in the eyes of society's
power people. None the less,as God is my witness, there is nothing I would deny you, up to and including my own life, if one push came to 50 shoves.

I remember February 26, 1989 as though it were just yesterday. I ,as blind as I am, could see the pain on your face as we were going to the hospital.
And it hurt me, too, it really did , and I'm only Nicholas' uncle.
But I ' ll say this, that if it were possible, I vow to God I would have gone through that for you, too.
I mean it.

To sum it all up, what I'm really trying to say is that I love you very much, and I am the most blessed of all older brothers in all of human history to have been given you.

Happy Valentine's Day, dear.

I Will Love Thee Forever.

Thy Elder Brother.

© Copyright 2001 lordmakemeweak - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2001-02-14 12:11 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
2 posted 2001-02-14 04:49 PM

How beautiful and coming from a brother!! May God bless you both this day.
Hugs, ME

lordmakemeweak
since 2001-02-06
Posts 65

3 posted 2001-02-14 04:51 PM

Thank you both kindly. And God Bless us all, every one.
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
4 posted 2001-02-14 05:24 PM

Very touching and beautiful....I don't know what else to say.....good work!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » A Valentine's Day Dedication to my beloved and dear near kinswoman and younger sister

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary