navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » A Midwinter Nights Dream
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Midwinter Nights Dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2001-02-10 09:43 PM

A Midwinter Night’s Dream
By: Noah Eaton
2/7/01

Here I was riding on the back of the Azure Dove, flying high above the lush green hillsides outside the mountains
A poetic paladin, making peace to native lands, planting magic seeds into the ground to keep nature alive
Giving alms to the poor in rural villages, and setting off into the Enchanted Forests for adventure
Doing all I can to keep my people happy and offer peaces song to the world

However, there was one desire I had that I was still striving to find
A true love that I would love forever, my lady love, that could hold me around my neck as I was flying with her, speaking sweet words to her
Someone to make my life complete, to share my whole world with
Dreaming of her every evening as I slept under the wing of the dove, gazing up at the stars, thinking of her twinkling eyes, glittering with diamond light

Under the amethyst skies I lay, gazing at the sapphire moon and watching the warm velvet fires of Jupiter swim, changing colors as it rotated
I would listen to the whispering winds whistle, putting me to sleep as I dream again of the girl of my dreams, wishing under my breath
That she would be my dream come true, coming true before my eyes and forever share my heart
I moan in my sleep with comfort, feeling her kisses and whispers in my ear in my dreams

The starlit skies beckon as the blueberry moon hums the Midnight Serenade, as lunar owls fill the sky with rare flowers in their mouths
Golden roses and blue magnolia pedals cover my face, as the little water in each calyx fills my mouth, drinking it as my mouth moves with comfort
The blue moon sighs in magics sight, and breathes a lilac mist, the loveliest scent of the valley, blanketing me as I sleep
Breathing the sweet incense in my sleep, tingling my body with tender touches, like the hand of my dream lover I feel touching me

After a long beautiful sleep, I wake up, rolling my fingers over my eyes as I wake, my dove gently raising it’s wing up, massaging it’s wing against my back as a sign of affection
With my eyes half open, I gently stretch my arms up, raising myself up upon my feet again, only then noticing the mist surrounding me, smelling it, again and again
Snowflakes falling down gently, colored in mint and lavender and indigo, angels tears slipping down from the magic trees leaves of the hanging gardens of Heaven’s Lane
Falling down gently, my long hair moistened, my bangs sticking to my forehead as I brush them back across my head

It was such a blizzard before me, but it felt warm, and I didn’t have to close my eyes, because the snowflakes gently caressed my eyes instead of giving me snowblindness
The flurries all a sudden began to turn into pedals, fuchsia, red, and sky blue ones, numbers disappearing every second, beginning to see the sun shine through again
Then, I could see part of a face, seeing eyes as the leaves were beginning to stop falling, I could see the colors of a cerculean blue dress
When finally, I could see the full figure of a beautiful girl standing just away from me, singing, feeding a hummingbird with her fingers stretched out beside her

She was wearing a golden tiara decorated with rare beautiful flowers, over her brown hair, wrapped in a ponytail, gently swaying down her back
Wearing blue star earrings, which twinkled like the stars I saw every night before I dreamed of that special girl
She had sparkling blue eyes, wearing a dress matching that color, swaying with the whispering winds as she walked
I could hear angels singing from above, a sound I remember hearing in one of the dreams I had of my love

That’s when I looked into her eyes and knew that she really was the one I’ve been dreaming of, the one I had been searching for, and we both smile
Her smile widens, as tears of happiness fall from her eyes, and as she tries to speak, hesitated in her joy, she finally screams, “Oh, my love!”
And we run to each other, with our hands stretched out for each other, embracing into each others arms, hugging each other with delight as I sweep her off her feet
As she spins in my arms, I gently put her back on her feet and we hold each others hands, as we both sigh as though we couldn’t possibly believe this

We stand barefoot on the soft green hillsides of the Majestic Meadow, and she says in her sweet, happy, sincere voice, slightly hesitatingly “Lllloovve?”
I hug her gently, knowing that it is her remembering seeing her in my dreams, as I whisper in her ear “Yes, my love!”
Swarms of sprites riding dragonflies of many different colors buzz over us, my dove sings happily, as she touches my face, and says, “Hold me…my love!”
I touch her lips gently with my two fingers, feeling the softness, as I finally lean in to kiss her, wrapping myself around her, my lovely dream

And she leaps from her feet as I spin her around on the meadow, holding my princess in my arms as she hangs on to me
She laughs with joy knowing she’s being held in my arms, her dream love, and she holds me around the neck, kissing my lips, kissing my forehead
I walk to the dove, holding her dear, and gently holding her as I hop aboard the azure doves back, my love in my lap, my lifes goddess
As we soar off together to my Floating Palace in the skies, rejoicing new found love granted from Thy loving God from high above

© Copyright 2001 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
1 posted 2001-02-11 11:54 AM

wonderful.......read this one, and tears flowing over my face, as I recognize so many things of myself within...I am glad that you found your love....

Thank you for sharing....

((hugs))
Charisma

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2001-02-11 03:45 PM

(sad sigh) If only that was true. Sadly, I have not yet found my true love, even my first love, no girls have ever even talked to me. This was all a dream I had, such a beautiful dream I had, but only a dream. How I long to be loved so much! I am happy you enjoyed this, thank you for your wonderful comment!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
3 posted 2001-02-11 08:20 PM

Mistletoe Angel - this is absolutely beautiful, just beautiful. What a lovely story you have told. I wish that you do find her, and soon.

BC

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » A Midwinter Nights Dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary