navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Gathering My Heart" (my last post)
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Gathering My Heart" (my last post) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC

0 posted 2001-02-07 02:20 AM

"Gathering My Heart"

heart of mine
please don't leave me
i need you to carry on
allow me the vision to see

i know you are shattered
broken completely in two
wanting to run and hide
how can i blame you

Next time I'll be more careful
Treat you with better care
If only I had listened to my head more
You'd still be there

Please won't you come back
I promise I'll take good care of you
Try my best to only make you happy
Never again sad and blue

There you are heart of mine
What's that I see in you?
A little ray of hope and light
Trying to peek through

Hold on to the light
For the days ahead may be gray
But as long as I'm true to me
I'll make it to the next day

My Dear Friends:

I never thought I'd be saying this...but my
time at Passions has come to an end. It's a personal choice and has nothing to do with any of you. My inspiration the reason I write has left me. I am emotionally a mess and need time to sort out things in my life. I have come to care about you all a great deal! You truly are the best family a girl could have. I have met some amazing friends here and developed some awesome relationships. Some of you here mean more to me than others...for different reasons...but you all have found a place deep within my heart. I thank you all for allowing me to lay my heart here for a while and to grow and share with you. I wish you all the best of luck in life and love...Take care...Till we meet again.

Amy  

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten
the words."

© Copyright 2001 Amy Kennedy - All Rights Reserved
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
1 posted 2001-02-07 04:46 AM

Amy, I for one shall be sad to see you go. You, and the courage, openness, honesty, and love you have shown in your words shall be missed greatly. I wish you sunshine and smiles in your journey, take care!

" I have seen without perceiving
I have been another man
Let me pierce the realm of glamour
So I know just what I am"....Dweller on the Threshold,

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2001-02-07 05:38 AM

I understand this more than you know....Amy, please take care of yourself and should you return, know that these people will welcome you (and me) with open arms!!!!
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

"I walked beside the evening sea and dreamed a dream that could not be." George William Curtis

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
3 posted 2001-02-07 06:51 AM

Amy dear heart, I will miss you so very much. I always believed that you would make it through. You will too, your heart will smile again, honestly. This is heartbreakingly beautiful, but then you have always been able to write so amazingly well. Don't lose touch with me dear heart, it was for times like this the Sisterhood was formed. I can't believe that I shall never be enlightened and delighted by your beauty which has graced these pages.
Take care always love
                     Mushy

Love you girlie, you are and always will be a star.

Take back the hope you gave,- I claim
Only a memory of the same
Robert Browning

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
4 posted 2001-02-07 07:29 AM

Aimy, we shall miss you here in passions, but do know that I respect your feelings, and hope that you will find the strength and love that will guide you through life.
May God bless you.

Take care my friend,

Charisma

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-02-07 08:01 AM

Take care of yourself and stop back anytime to read if the muse is still missing (I know about that!).  
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
6 posted 2001-02-07 01:29 PM

quote:
Hold on to the light

indeed you shall my friend. . . indeed you shall. . . take care of yourself. . . you know that we'll all miss you. . . me too. . . you've been a wonderful person to get to know and I shall always be honored that I got that chance. . .

we'll leave the light on for you. . . I always say that. . . but it's true. . . we'll always be here for you. . .

peace to you my friend. . . and may your heart always know love. . .

----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Trew
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Ottawa, Canada
7 posted 2001-02-07 01:46 PM

Amy,

I know life's cycles can be hard to get through.  Each of us must face them as best we can and see the next day begin.  Until the day comes when next I read you works, take care and know that your words will be missed.

Trev.

There are thoughts which are prayers.
There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body,
the soul is on its knees.

~~Victor Hugo~~

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
8 posted 2001-02-07 02:02 PM

Oh Amy girl, I'll miss you, but, I do understand. Take all the time that you need to sort things out, but do come back to us, even if you just visit every once in a while. You have my email address, email me anytime!  
This poem was so well penned, so sad, yet hopeful, and I do wish you the best, and hopefully you will find your true love.  I want you to be happy, my friend!

Take care,
Melissa~

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

9 posted 2001-02-07 02:24 PM

Hold on to the light
===============

yes..you will make it...because you are strong and have a heart that is full of love and patience and promise.
Take all the time you need Amy...
inspiration .. like love ... always is there inside us ...
when your ready ..both your poetry and you place here will be waiting.
take care of you ..
love ya girlie
JM

Tomorrow holds only mystery
And who's to say what might be
But in you I've found a love so strong
The sun and the moon look on in jealousy
~VH~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2001-02-07 02:28 PM

Aimster, the fastest way I know for that muse to come back [or the reason to write] is to tell oneself "that's all I've got" and square in the middle of dealing with that sentence....

words pour forth....

so I shall not say goodbye....

but I will tell you that we shall leave the light on....

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
11 posted 2001-02-07 02:28 PM

There will always be a spot here for you Amy. When you get things worked out come back to us and write us some beautiful words just like these ones you are leaving us with... I will personally miss you as will all of the others.....In spite of the fact that I may sound cliche, remember things are never as bad as they seem. Take care...I'll be looking forward to seeing your work here at the forum in the future...ethome...... please don't ever be too hard on yourself.

Reality seldom bears the possibilities of imagination!

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

12 posted 2001-02-07 03:55 PM

Hold on to the light

Dear Amy,

A heart like yours my dear will make it to each every new day, a heart filled with love, honesty, passion, strength, I could go on and on.

You and your poetry will be missed hon, but
you need to take care of you and when you decide to return and share your heart with us again, please remember we will be waiting   and welcoming you with open arms.

HUGS to you my friend

Maree

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
13 posted 2001-02-07 04:15 PM

Take care and gather your heart...James
kcsgrandma
since 2000-09-24
Posts 1522
Presque Isle, ME
14 posted 2001-02-08 01:58 AM

This beautiful and heart-felt poem proves you are not without inspiration, but go in peace, and perhaps some day you will be ready to come back. This, too, shall pass, in time.  Best wishes.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
- Les Miserables

Marilyn

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
15 posted 2001-02-08 02:30 AM

Amy,
I hope you find another love to replace her, maybe in another time another place you'll come back to your family at passions.
Be well
Kethry

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life. Patty Hansen.

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
16 posted 2001-02-08 11:27 AM

Thank you all for your wonderful replies! You all have touched my heart deeply, but it's time (at least for now) to say au revoir.

Eddie-
thank you for your kind words. and also thanks for that special email. i'm keeping it   i shall miss you and your work as well.

kathleen-
thank you for understanding.
i have enjoyed very much reading your
work. *hugs* to you sweet lady!

Marsha-
well mushy   as always you give me too
much credit. i will be still reading your
work even though i won't be posting. never
stop writing with that beautiful pen
of yours. you have a true gift. thank
you for your poetry but most of all for
your friendship. i will be in touch.

Charisma~
thank you so much for your understanding
and respect. that means a lot to me. also
just wanted to let you know you write
some of the most beautiful haikus and
senryus i've ever had the pleasure of
reading! keep writing your heart!

PDV-
thank you. and i will still be reading.
just need to go and take some time and
space for myself. i'm sure you know how
it goes.

sven-
it is i who is honored to have gotten
the chance to know you. you have an
amazingly beautiful heart and your poetry
is nothing short of spectacular. take care
dear friend. i also wanted to let you know
thank you so much for writing that poem
about she and I. even though laura and i
aren't together anymore...it's still
something i will always treasure.  

Trev-
I feel like i was just starting to read
your work. you are a really good writer.
thank you for your kind words of wisdom.
i shall take them to heart  

Mel-
I will miss you too sweetie. thanks for
the friendship and for all your concern.
you are a wonderful person and i hope you
too find the love and happiness you seek
and deserve. take care!

jan-
i'll cry if i write too much to you...but
i don't care so here goes. you have touched
my heart in such a way, that you will
never know. your friendship has meant more
to me than i can even begin to put into
words. you are an amazing lady with the
ability to just lay your heart on the line!
for that i deeply admire you. thanks for
all the chats, emails, and discussions between you and i. you are right, in this
last year i have grown so much and discovered so many things about myself...and a part of that is due to you my dear friend. thank you for allowing me to believe in myself enough to have the courage to be who i am and to be proud. i'm not saying you are the one who DID that for me...but i will say you did help to give me the strength to do so. for that i am eternally always grateful. you are one of the most amazing writers that i've ever read before. it is an honor to be able to post in this same place with you and with your caliber. there is some amazing talent in this place, but yours my dear friend shines so brilliantly!! take care and i will keep in touch with you.

karilea-
good, cuz i don't do goodbyes, they make me sad   so i'll just say c-ya later. thank you for your help in my poetry, and all the constructive critism. it means the world to me! you are a lovely writer and it was a pleasure to get to know you. please take care of yourself.  

ethome-
i don't really like men much LOL but you are one cool dude. thank you for this wonderful reply and for all the optomism. you are a gifted writer and very cool take care of yourself and perhaps in the future i'll see you again  

Maree-
thank you hon for your encouragement and support. you are a wonderful person who has come to mean a lot to me. you are also an awesome writer, and don't you ever forget it!!   take care and i'll be in touch with you later.  

James-
thank you sweets for that sweet reply. i hope that you find love as well and are very happy. keep writing your beautiful love poems and making women's hearts swoon. you have a true gift! take care  

kcs-
how wise you are! not without complete inspiration no but full of pain yes. time shall heal all things. that's what my mom use to say. she was very wise and so are you. thank you for your kind replies to my work...take care  

kethry-
no one shall ever really replace her. but i do know all things happen for a reason...and what is meant to be will be. you can't force or push love...you guys will always be my family and home away from home. so yes in time i may be back. take care and keep up your wonderful writing! you surely have a talent...

love ya all.
take care,
~Amy~

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten
the words."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Gathering My Heart" (my last post)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary