navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Comfort
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic Comfort Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
spiked
since 2000-01-13
Posts 873
Hammond, La USA

0 posted 2000-11-21 08:16 PM

Comfort
Such a simple word with such solitude, Leaves visions of a quiet rain beating on a tin roof. The sound of a whistling wind on a cold winters day as you sit so solemnly wrapped in a thick blanket. To lie down and have a child snuggle comfortably against you and sleep as you watch in amazement at the sheer beauty. To hold your hand close to my heart as I drift into a daytime nap. Arrive at your house to see you in the doorway looking relieved that I have finally gotten home. A gentle hand on my forehead checking for fever just out of concern. Comfort is a feeling that all is right no matter what. Comfort is the knowledge that there is love, maybe not here at this very second , but here none the less.
Take comfort in my words for there is love for us all, Maybe not staring us in the eyes at this moment, but out there somewhere waiting. Enjoy life because love is what life is truly about. Oh and happy holidays my fellow poets.
Rich

© Copyright 2000 Richard Rendall - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2000-11-21 08:29 PM

I will try to keep this in mind, m'friend...LOL...but I know that you know...and omigod, it just keeps getting better by the second....hugs to you, and a GOBBLE, GOBBLE too...which reminds me....I guess I should defrost the turkey....sighs...and laughs.
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
2 posted 2000-11-21 08:30 PM

Yeah alright I got all comfortable feeling while I was reading this...hey this is a real soothing down to earth bit of prose here and I love how it ends...darn good show Spiked.. darn good!!
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-11-21 08:55 PM

quiet comfort I call it.....and you have written it here with poetic grace...
peace, sincerity and serenity in your words Rich....
thank you and here wishes for a wonderful holiday right back at ya..
take care
jm

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
4 posted 2000-11-21 11:56 PM

Yep...I understand...sigh...this is great Rich...Happy Thanksgiving...
spiked
since 2000-01-13
Posts 873
Hammond, La USA
5 posted 2000-11-22 01:06 AM

Thank you serenity, ethome, Janet and Paula.
Hope your holidays are wonderful
Rich

Tammy16
since 2000-11-26
Posts 21

6 posted 2000-11-26 02:35 PM

Rich - this is a beautiful piece of writing.
I especially like the part about the rain on a tin roof. But you are mistaken if you think that love is not staring you in the face at this very moment.  It may not be the love you want in your life but it is there nonetheless.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Comfort

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary