navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Tears In The Rain
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tears In The Rain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida

0 posted 2001-01-05 11:18 AM

Tears In The Rain

Pain,
an arrow in the heart
twisted and turned
once more,
I choke

Tears,
on the edge
holding back
don't want to break
too much to take

Rejected,
unworthy of love
non person
is that all I am?

Prove,
want love?
work for it, earn it,
then maybe...

Reaching,
grasping for something
wrong words chosen,
hearts nearly frozen

Walls,
surround me,
no more rain,
shield me from all this

Trying,
never enough
no matter what

Second best,
that's what the sign says
written all over your face

Dream,
just dream,
that's all there is
I choose to live,
somewhere over the rainbow I see

BloomingRose

© Copyright 2001 DebraS. - All Rights Reserved
Quiet One
since 2001-01-01
Posts 46
Shhhhh
1 posted 2001-01-05 11:39 AM

We never seem to feel like #1 in our own heart, there always seems to be a foot of some sort, holding us down
nicely written

Agust P
since 2000-12-29
Posts 157

2 posted 2001-01-05 11:48 AM

its all about feelings, I loved it! thank you, AP
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
3 posted 2001-01-05 01:01 PM

I know that you know where you will never feel second best because you showed me yourself.  Do you remember?  You my friend will never fall into that category in anything you do because you put your heart into all that you do.  This was a wonderful write expressing those moments when we tend to just let the frustration out right before going out and conquering the world.  Beautifully written and presented.
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
4 posted 2001-01-05 02:58 PM

Quiet One~ Sometimes it seems there is a foot trying to smash, but I somehow always get back up. Thanks for reading.

AP~ I am glad there is a place to come that we can write down our feelings, bad or good, because we all have times in our life when we go through rough waters. Thank you.

Mark~ Thanks for giving me a boost. You have a good heart my friend.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
5 posted 2001-01-05 03:24 PM

Everybody cries some tears in the rain from time to time....that doesn't make anyone second best or first best or third best...it makes you as human as I am and as human as you have written this poem. You know that hurt causes us to doubt ourself sometimes but it never lasts it really doesn't. We are the same you and I and a few words of tender love directed right at your heart and all of a sudden you've forgotten all of the previous hurt....true love really is an ongoing thing isn't it?   sweet poem and so are you... ethome
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2001-01-05 03:34 PM

Bloom I wish you could hear the beautiful version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as sung by the Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.   I love it every time I hear it...gives me lots of hope for the beauty of life...James
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
7 posted 2001-01-06 03:01 PM

Dream,
just dream,
that's all there is
I choose to live,
somewhere over the rainbow I see

However is judging you is judging you under the wrong terms, for one you are a very talented poet and two you are yourself, completely unique to anyone else. If that person can not see that then they are a fool. You are no 1. Take care, excellent write.

There's a feeling of contentment Now that you are here I feel satisfied I belong
inside Your velvet heaven" Depeche mode

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
8 posted 2001-01-06 03:31 PM

ethome~ True what you say, we doubt ourself when words fling, but carry on because we must.  I thank you for your encouragement.

James~ I would like to hear that version of, over the rainbow...maybe I can find it. thank you.

Brian~ Thank you, you are kind to say those things.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2001-01-06 04:37 PM

Blooming Rose,

You will never be second best here.  May you reach the rainbow that you strive for always.

LW

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
10 posted 2001-01-06 04:56 PM

I agree with all above me...and even that I recognize those feelings ....there will be always one you.... and someday you will reach your rainbow....

Take care
(((warm hugs))
Charisma

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » Tears In The Rain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary