navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » The M.B.O.O.P.A.'s
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic The M.B.O.O.P.A.'s Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-12-21 09:16 AM

The M.B.O.O.P.A.'s

I am here to say thank you to you each and every one
All members of the MBOOPA's that Marsha has begun
I have been truely honored and left in many days of awe
From all the wonderful comments on my poetry you saw

Daphne gives me kisses but loves her tea and biscuits more
Sue, though a bit shy, is always there trying to even the score
There to always offer up praise is the sensible one they call Jan
And of course there is Mel who loves to flirt like no other can

Kelsy would be the queen of drama and so very sweet and young
Fran is the one with the sweet voice always excercising her tongue
Delia is the one that knows all that is going on as long as it is good
Pat is the one that always knows what she is doing just as she should

David of course is the one that all the ladies there think of as sweet
All of these wonderful people I would hope to get a chance to meet
Because of Marsha's wonderful vision to give her office some fun
She has formed a club of sorts where I myself become the lucky one

Thank you all for the wonderful praises you always offer up to me
I just wanted to share a little about each of you for the world to see
And to offer my gratitude for your kindness and chuckles you bestow
Wishing you Happy Holidays and a love to keep your hearts aglow

Mark Bohannan

**From the bottom of my heart to everyone of you, thank you so much
for all the wonderful words and happiness you always leave me with.  I could
never do you justice in my words but I hope that you know in my heart
that I know I am blessed to have you all and especially to Marsha for bringing
you here to read and enjoy.  Hugs to you all and may you find your Christmas as wonderful as each of you are.

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 12-21-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2000-12-21 09:30 AM

OK......now I am just plain jealous!   ( kidding, of course) Mark, this is so sweet of you to do.......Marsha really started something cute with the M.B.O.O.P.A's.....enjoyed this very much dear heart......I hope you have a beautiful holiday season and stay warm!   -SEA
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2000-12-21 09:39 AM

What a gift you've graced them with...they will frame this one....well done Mark...
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-12-21 10:37 AM

Hey cowboy....ya know what???
THIS is a GROOVY  
very sweet ... a nice return on the friendships found through poetry.
perfect tribute for your own personal fan club.
later-MBOOPA-gator
me

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
4 posted 2000-12-21 10:51 AM

I emulate all the above and add a wish of my own for your Merry Christmas Mark.
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
5 posted 2000-12-21 11:33 AM

Oh Mark, this is such a wonderful tribute to such loving people. BRAVO!!!Your heart is always reflecded in your words. Much love and Christmas hugs from me to you.

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

cathybohannan
since 2000-07-31
Posts 140
Paintsville,KY
6 posted 2000-12-21 11:39 AM

Hey there,great job.Will post new one later
today in Passions.P.S.,check your e-mail.

Cathy Marie Bohannan

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2000-12-21 12:41 PM

MarkB~
The fan club is *swooooooooning* !
Very sweet of you to present them with this treat.
Is this a GREAT place or what ????
Yep !
Love n' hugs to you.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
8 posted 2000-12-21 01:24 PM

Mark our poetical hero   thank you kindly, I knew that there wouldn't be any work done by this lot of galley slaves this afternoon. So it's just as well that all the essential stuff has been. I very foolishly have agreed for them to thank you themselves. (On the understanding that they remember this is an Open site, and that they are supposed to be working.) Even if the whole hospital have chosen today to have their departmental parties today.

Mark Oh! Oh! Oh! a thousand and one kisses to you from me. And you can share my hobnobs anytime you like, and I'd even share my Cabury's Chocolate fingers too. How did you know, has someone been telling you our secrets. This is so wonderful, to think you've written this for me, oh and the others but for me. Mark if I could reach you I would demonstrate my resus technique. Thank you and I'd like to send you a Christmas kiss, under the mistletoe. I've nicked the bunch the porters had. They don't get the visitors we do. It's open house here, everyone comes to our office! xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx love Daphnie xxxxxxxxxxx

Mark she's finally got off the puter and let someone who can type get in. Thank you so very very much. This has got to be the best present we've ever had. And on a personal note I've never had anyone say such nice things about me. They all say I talk too much, how can someone who works as a telephonist talk too much. Besides I don't I hardly say a word, I'm as quiet as a mouse. They are all laughing now. I knew they shouldn't have served brandy with the dessert. (Drunk as skunks the lot of them)!
Anyway thank you so much, and I'm sending you kisses too. And since I'm younger and prettier than Daphy, you'll enjoy them far more. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fran xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much, how did you do this it's wonderful and I love it so much. Marsha has promised to print out the poem for each of us, and to frame one for the office. Which we will keep in full view. Sssh don't tell the others but I've already chosen my favourite. I can't tell you what this means to me I really can't. Your poetry is the highlight of our week it really is, it gives us something to look forward too.
Thank you thank you thank you love Kelsy

Hi there Mr Mark the poet man thank you very much this is truly magnificent. An absolutely perfect way for us to end our day here. (Marsha is smiling because she's not here tomorrow but the rest of us are, and while the cat's away..... actually we've promised to be good, and I'll make them all behave ) Thank you very much this really is a gift that we will treasure always. I thank you for this gift of pure beauty. have a great Christmas.
best wishes       Pat

Thank you so very much, I'm so overcome that I can't think of a thing to say, I thank you so much. I hope you know how much we all love this. thank you a million times Jan
Happy Christmas xx

Mark my man, that's the first time I've seen Jan speechless. Thank you so much, and for silencing Jan too. Ouch! I'm sorry!
This is a fantastic poem and it's like you've been sitting in our office watching us all. It's uncanny, how did you do it, tell me I won't tell the rest of them. Really fantastic poem, I thank you and salute you. Happy Christmas mate  Mel

Finally Mark it's me Sue, they made me wait, and wait. Teasing me, Thank you THANK YOU sending you lot and lots of kisses. And they're better than Frans because she's too young, and they;re better than Daphys because she's too old. I'm just right. xxxxxxxxx see mine are better. And I'm not really shy, it's just unlike some people I don't rush up to everyone. Thank you so much for this I knew it would be a fabulous poem, and it is, it really is. Thank you I say and I really do mean it. Have a Happy Christmas love Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Mark it's Delia, this is a very happy office and it's all because of you and this wonderful brilliant poem. What a fabulous present, I knew it would be great but I didn't think it would be quite as fantastic as this. Thank you so very much. This is something very special.
              Merry Christmas and a happy New Year xxx Delia

Mark I'm typing Davids reply for him as he has been called off on his other duties. He said he's so honoured and pleased and doesn't know how to thank you for it. Because thank you is too simple but he is very happy and grateful. Best wishes for the Christmas period
Delia for David

Ah they let me have it back. Thank you so very much Mark my very dear friend, this truly is a wonderful gift for us one and all. Voting is taking place next Friday 29 and there will be no chicanery, no stuffing the ballot boxes or any other tricks. I want this to be a vote that is fair.

Thank you love, they will now drive me mad until I can send them all down the pub, and let me tidy up the loose ends for the week.
Take care
                Mushy

Take back the hope you gave,- I claim
Only a memory of the same
Robert Browning

Lady Lightning
since 2000-12-04
Posts 422
Kentucky
9 posted 2000-12-21 05:16 PM

Mark...What a sweet thing you have done here for Marsha and all the others..    Got that big heart of yours showing again, don't ya?   Such a sweet gift from you to them... ~LL~

The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost. author unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » The M.B.O.O.P.A.'s

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary