navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » my super hero
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic my super hero Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jinxed
since 2000-09-27
Posts 86

0 posted 2000-10-07 05:54 PM

I guess it would be hard  
to be a super hero when your
victim refuses  
to be saved
when  
all your efforts to make better
a life obviously in need  
of change  
are  
negated
waved away with a tear  
filled tissue
i do applaud your efforts my  
super friend and i  
understand  
why you  
tired
of trying to make things right for me  
and decided to go off  
and be a hero
elsewhere
searching for someone more worthy  
of your efforts  
but  
you know i will miss you  
my superman  
as you fly off into the clouds
your cape surely waving to  
my final
goodbye

© Copyright 2000 jinxed - All Rights Reserved
Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
1 posted 2000-10-07 06:34 PM

it's always sad to say goodbye, and that was I feel reading your poem, you describe it well....wish you well

Charisma

Waverly917
since 2000-09-23
Posts 90
Hugo, MN
2 posted 2000-10-07 07:17 PM

This poem hit very close to home for me, I shed a tear while reading it.  I have a friend that I tried to be a Super Hero to, though it is so hard sometimes when she doesn't want help, I keep trying.  I would like to say that I think you did a great job on this and wish you the best of luck in "making things better".

Abra

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key."
-Already Gone, The Eagles

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
3 posted 2000-10-07 08:15 PM

there is no savior, nobody can save anybody. we can only save ourselves. i still hate the pen name... oh well...your choice, i guess.. to be honest, i didn't quite "get" this poem, maybe because i have the philosophy i just stated above... but i read it 4 times which tells me your writing has a "grip", and i would expect nothing less from you ... but it's been a long night already and it's only 8:15, so excuse me... "cheers"

hope all is well with you  

[This message has been edited by doreen peri (edited 10-07-2000).]

jinxed
since 2000-09-27
Posts 86

4 posted 2000-10-10 09:56 AM

thanks all, and yep waverly, guess you have to be there to understand this, glad you enjoyed and thank you for the wishes
and nope doreen not so good, guess you can tell that if my poems only make sense to me   ...maybe its the fever, gotta go back to the dr today, fever is back...sighs and tears...i hate fevers, they always make me feel like crying

[This message has been edited by jinxed (edited 10-10-2000).]

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 2000-10-10 12:39 PM

This one is sad, but wonderful... I think it speaks to anyone who finds themselves saying goodbye one tiny shred of hope at a time.

I must disagree with Doreen about both saviors and names... The name is surely your choice and yours alone?

As for saviors, I envy anyone who has never needed one! We can call them friends in need or saviors or wind beneath our wings or angels here on earth or whatever... but life wouldn't be worth diddly without them! Sure, we can't sit helplessly and expect someone to make life right for us... we'd be slugs then instead of humans. *S* But sometimes, a load gets too heavy for us to bear alone and the arms of a friend reach to help us... Sometimes, our world looks too bleak and we need someone else to see for us and describe possibilities beyond the obstacles that block our vision... Sometimes we need for someone to hear and acknowledge our pain even if all they can do is hand us more tissues. These friends may not wear capes or even think they're heroes... but they wade in and get their hands dirty with the slime and muck of our lives and show love and support when they know we've reached the end of our rope without any agenda other than letting us know they care. I wouldn't be here without them... whatever their names!

[This message has been edited by suthern (edited 10-10-2000).]

jinxed
since 2000-09-27
Posts 86

6 posted 2000-10-10 12:45 PM

suthern....just got one thing to say (through the tears) I love you too! don't know where I would be without a friend like you  
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
7 posted 2000-10-10 12:48 PM

Well, you know I don't get to do this often, so I'll relish the opportunity to say.... D I T T O!!!! *G*
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2000-10-13 01:10 PM

People don't like my name, either. But it wasn't chosen casually. I like your poem.
Wobbly Head Bob
since 2000-05-15
Posts 299
Virginia, USA
9 posted 2000-10-13 01:15 PM

This SuperMan got tired a long time ago, change doesn't come about through the strains of an outside source, for someone to change they have to want it, and do it.  *Echoing Doreen...my favorite*  

I liked your poem a lot Jinxed, it hit home for me aswell.  And your name aint so bad...hehe, everyone loves Wobbly Head Bob.  *LOL*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » my super hero

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary