navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » A Tribute To Passion's (my last post for a while) thank you all for being so kind
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Tribute To Passion's (my last post for a while) thank you all for being so kind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!

0 posted 2000-09-30 12:40 PM

I Come To You At Night

I come to you at night
And tell you all my desires
All my thoughts of hopelessness
About adventures through passion's fires

I give you dreams of hope
And of lessons I have learned
About all my triumphs
And about times I've been burned

I'm glad I found a friend
I could tell my secrets to
Without worries of being judged
I know that you'd never do

You always make me smile
You have that special way
About you that comforts me
Even on my saddest days

So, for this I wish to thank you
To all of you I say this
I am forever greaful to you all
For making Passion's what it is

I reposted this for all the wonderful friends I have met here at HOME. I will continue to stop by now and again to check on everyone and read the great poetry all you guys post. I feel I owe all of you an explanation so here goes...

I guess you could say that I have gotten lost within a world of make believe and I need to find my way back out. I know a lot of you have experienced the magical world of the net (as in meeting new people and falling into the trap of being addicted) Well, the time has come for me to just get away for a while and gather myself back up and enjoy real life again. I have lost so much because of my time on the computer and I have a lot of regrets. The main regret I have is having to be away from my children. I beg of you not to make the mistakes I made. It simply isn't worth the pain it causes. I want to thank you all again for being there when I needed you all most. You will never be forgotten and you will always be loved.

I want to send a special thank you to Lone Wolf (Jennifer) You, my friend, know (more than anyone) of my troubles. You have been there for me time after time to listen to me and offer me your virtual shoulder. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You will be in my thoughts and prayers always. Take care of yourself and continue to find your freedom each day. And remember that tomorrow is a brighter day. Love Ya Sis

Until we meet again....

Warmest Regards,
Jeffrey

© Copyright 2000 Jeffrey D. Carter - All Rights Reserved
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
1 posted 2000-09-30 12:45 PM

Jeffery,

I am sad to see you go.  Earlier today I read and responded to one of your poems and thought "I have to keep an eye out for him..." ~sighs~  but I do understand and wish you the best of luck. I hope you do however at least stop back every now and then to share you wonderful poetry.  Take care and be safe. ~hugs~

~~Tara aka rp25 :o)

ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
2 posted 2000-09-30 01:03 PM

Jeffrey
  I understand where you are coming from.  I have two wonderful children and I miss them when I'm away.  The first thing I do when I get in from work is give them a hug.  I try to play with them a little also, but they are small and have so much energy.  Being already exhausted, I can only keep up for a short while.
  I find myself getting on my PC late at night or during a spare moment at work to read a poem or two here in Passions and respond to those that I can.
  I find myself with little time to post my on poetry, but I enjoy reading others, especially yours.  I can't say that I've responded to many of yours, but they were awesome reads.
  Please drop by from time to time to leave us a line or two from that poetic mind of yours.  Take your time to organize and prioritize those things that are important in your life, but do come back.
  As Nan said in an earlier post, "There is nothing good about Good-bye's."

Garfield

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
3 posted 2000-09-30 02:37 PM

Jeffrey~

We will all miss you here. I'm glad you'll be stopping by from time to time. Hope that everything works out for you in your 'real' life. Good luck and God bless.

Elizabeth

Something sweet, something sort of grandish, sweeps my soul when thou art near...
hedeservesbetter@hotmail.com

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-09-30 02:45 PM

JC, we know you'll visit home now and then...over the holidays...when food's on...coffee's brewed...don't hesitate to say howdy to all...

hugs,

Karilea
When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

jinxed
since 2000-09-27
Posts 86

5 posted 2000-09-30 02:55 PM

hugs to you Mr. Jeffrey, all of us here have our problems and reasons for being here and all of us here can probably identify with your reasons for leaving...hope you find the smilea you seek  
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-09-30 03:57 PM

Jeffery~Well I am sorry to see you go but I wish you the best in everything you do. I still have you on my ICQ list so dont hesitate to stop and say hi.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2000-09-30 04:12 PM

What a lovely farewell poem Jeffrey ... written with such genuine emotion and love for the comfort and healing the people within these walls bring. Take care in your journeys through life, and please do stop by to visit now and again, you will be missed.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
8 posted 2000-09-30 06:00 PM

Jeffrey, sorry you're going
though I understand the call
your family's needing time bestowing
while they're still yet small

but take a piece of passions  
deep within your heart
it will help in the transition
to make a surer start

here on the net I'll miss you
and your works of art
in real life I'll wish you well
and understand why you must part.

Kethry

"It is the image in the mind that links us to lost treasures;
but it is the loss that shapes the image,
gathers the flowers weaves the garland."-

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
9 posted 2000-09-30 06:46 PM

~Jeffery~

It's so sad to see such a talented poet and friend leave, but it is understandable.  I wish you the best, take care and please visit us as you promised  

Melissa Honeybee

The beauty of poetry gives my soul wings to fly free within dreams

JulieAnn
since 2000-06-12
Posts 754
Earth 3rd Rock from the sun!!
10 posted 2000-09-30 06:51 PM

I've been gone a while and felt I should pop in today and i guess this is why, i got back just in time to say g'bye.....i will miss your posts....I have enjoyed everyone, g'luck...

Julie :)

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2000-09-30 06:53 PM

Very nice Jeffrey...yes don't live your life with regrets...live it in happiness...
as I have mentioned before in another post for one who found themselves spending too much time writing and reading poetry....balance is the key word...something we all must learn...wishing much happiness for you...James

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
12 posted 2000-09-30 07:49 PM

Jeffery, your poetry will be greatly missed but I know the feeling when the real world comes knocking. take care and hope that you are not kept from us for too long.

"an afixiation a fix on anything the line of life the limb of a tree
the hands of he and the promise that s/he is blessed among women".
Patti Smith

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

13 posted 2000-10-01 02:35 AM

Jeff-gator....
you know that i know that you know...
*sigh* you too??? the list grows ...
while its nice to know Im not alone..
i wish we didnt have to KNOW...ya know.
yes...do whats best for you and your kids..
i wish ya nothing but sunshine ...
good luck sweets....one day at a time ...
later-back to reality-awesome-poet-gator  
love ya
jm

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
14 posted 2000-10-01 10:20 AM

The boys will ALWAYS come first...thats just a given...but dont give up the love you believe...its too precious to throw away...time is the key Jeff...just give it time and all things will work out.
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
15 posted 2000-10-01 05:50 PM

Jeffrey,

This was an excellent choice for your last post for the time being.  I love this poem and think it says it all so well.  

You have touched me with your special thank you, but I think I did what any friend would do.  I sit and type with tears in my eyes as yet another friend bids farewell to Passions.  I know your troubles, my friend, and I wish you nothing but the best in your search for peace.  You know how to get in touch with me and I will always be here with an ear to listen or shoulder to cry on. You are welcome from my heart for the help and I am glad I could be there for you when you needed me.  As I recall, you have been there many times for me also and I want to thank you for that.  It is more appreciated than I can ever tell you. Because of that, I will be forever in your debt.  Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers also.  I really do hope that some day you find that in which you go out to seek.  I know the price you have paid and it has been too high, but you have learned from this and that will make you a better person in the future.  I will take care and hope that you do too.  I know now that freedom is something that you should always have, but somehow I have lost mine so I will continue the quest for it.  You got me with "remember tomorrow will be a brighter day" . . . how could I forget?  I never will thanks to you.  Just to prove that look below . . . a new day is already dawning my friend.  

Love Ya Bro,
Jennifer

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
16 posted 2000-10-01 06:47 PM

Jeffery,
Will look forward to your visits and perhaps a few posts (?) We'll miss you greatly
Take care and be careful out there in the world of reality
Liz

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
17 posted 2000-10-01 09:39 PM

Jeff~
such a beautiful poem you have here. you are one of my favorites here at passions. such a wonderful group of loving people come here to share some amazing poetry...i just wanted you to know that i love reading your work and through it have come to know you in a way. you have an awesome ability...never leave it for too long k. now i don't do byes so i'll just say see ya later.
take care.
~amy~
p.s. thanks so much for all your wonderful replies to my work.  

"The head learns knew things, but the heart forever more practices old experiences"

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
18 posted 2000-10-02 03:41 AM

Just came back to say thank you for all the wonderful words youguys have written here. I miss you and love you all. Take care

Until we meet again...

Jeffrey

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
19 posted 2000-10-02 04:18 AM

Jeff,
i remember the New Horizon's challenge way back, long ago. that was the first challenge i've responded to, and it really helped at the time. it got my creativity out of a slump.

but now you're off on a new horizon of your own. i wish you best of luck, and take heart in knowing that you are not forgotten.

Everyone's got their demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
20 posted 2000-10-07 04:59 AM

just want to say that i thought this was a lovely poem and my sincere wishes--all the best in whatever you do
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
21 posted 2000-10-07 05:17 AM

Jeffrey you will be sadly missed but at least we all know you won't be gone forever.
Your poem a lovely goodbye  
Please stop by every now and again and say Hi
HUGS
Love Tracie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
22 posted 2000-10-07 08:55 AM

this is very beautiful jeffery...i'm glad i didnt miss out on reading it  

take care in the real world..its a wild one    
do visit passions whenever you can...

hugs to you, dg

theres no such thing as a failure who keeps trying--coasting to the bottom is the only disgrace. -j popper

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
23 posted 2000-10-07 10:06 AM

Jeffery...I know where you are coming from on this one, that is one of the several reasons my presence on passions has been so limited. It is easy to sit down here for a few minutes to read a poem or two and find yourself several hours and a hundred poems later still in the same spot. Know that your presence will be sadly missed, but take it from my example that you can be on here once in a while and let people know you are still alive and kicking. Please drop me an e-mail from time to time as I do care about you
best wishes and big hugs  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » A Tribute To Passion's (my last post for a while) thank you all for being so kind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary