navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Loves' Death
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic Loves' Death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2000-09-28 09:23 PM

Oh my heart,
Feel loves' sting,
Slowly flowing into thy veins,

Flowing, as a river, a stream,
into the death of my heart,
I am torn apart,

I am dieing a death,
Breathing one last breath,
Breath of you,

Spoken across my ice cold lips,
As I feel the pain to my fingertips,
Touching, grasping your last drop of love,

Love born, love shared, love died,
My eyes, the tears, I shed,
My heart has bleed,

No more for you shall I cry,
For my tears are as icycles,
And my thoughts frozen in my eyes,

One last beat of my dieing heart,
One last thought, one last breath,
For now I lay our love to rest,

This my love, my hearts' death...

© Copyright 2000 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2000-09-28 09:52 PM

Oh, this hurts all the way through, I know. I hope you aren't in this pain for too long. I found this so very expressive of that devestating loss of love.
Sandra

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2000-09-28 10:36 PM

Romantic One, it's great to see you! You have been missed...
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-09-28 11:19 PM

Yep! Welcome back!! So nice to see you again!

Denise

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2000-09-28 11:44 PM

RH,

So nice to see you again!!  We must catch up sometime my friend.  Ooh, painful poem here.  I hope all is well with you.  Nice writing.  

Lone Wolf

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
5 posted 2000-09-29 12:31 PM

Catalinamoon..The deeper the love, the deeper the hurt. Thanks for understanding my pain

Balladeer..Turn that frown into a smile!!!I have missed all of you, wished I could have a group hug! I could use one

Denise...Nice to see your still here, everyone needs your warm welcomes, your words of encourgement!  

Lone...I know!!e-mail me anytime, we can catch up, I hope all is well with you!

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
6 posted 2000-09-29 06:26 AM

Romantic how sad it is to invest so much in Love only to have it fail at some point...
sorry you are feeling the painful side of Love....take care...James

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
7 posted 2000-09-29 07:32 AM

Welcome back but wish it were when you were wowing us with a happy poem.  Don't worry there are plenty of hugs in here for you.  Poets love to hug right?
INclan
since 1999-07-20
Posts 1024
Indiana, USA
8 posted 2000-09-29 08:32 AM

Welcome back, It is good to read your work again.  I see you pack as much passion into your sad/painful poetry as you do into your romantic work.  I echo my colleagues...you are among friends here.

INclan

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
9 posted 2000-09-29 06:47 PM

James...Yes it is sad to give love to someone and they don't want your love,it hurts so bad. But hey, why waste my time! Right?

Mark...your words make me cry (good cry)so sweet to offer me those hugs  and if I had a muse of inspiration, maybe the happy poems could start again...any offers?

Inclan...hey, how have ya been???glad to see you are still here, missed your poems! You read me well, yes the same level of love in my poetry equals the same degree of saddness!

You guys could e-mail that hug ya know!!!haha! see, I am feeling better by the minute, see what friends do for you!!! Love you all!!HUGS!!!!

Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
10 posted 2000-10-02 05:08 AM

I think I'd like to add my hug here too...  
It is so nice to see you back, please stay awhile and sweeten us with your verse.

Parker

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2000-10-02 05:17 AM

Romantic I wanted to respond because I have experienced that myself...but it seemed there was no way for me to resist offering my Love...the hard part is to know when to pull back...to recognize that we are falling in Love all by ourselves...I have been having many discussion with the woman I am with right now and hopefully we will fall in Love together...indeed it does hurt to give our Love to someone that doesn't appreciate it...My hope is for happiness for you...I was talking to Mina tonight and she recently went thru a divorce and I told her sometimes when a woman is hurt by a man they tend to take it out on the new one in their life...I told her I was falling in Love with her and I hoped she wouldn't take the opportunity to purposely not fall in Love with me...so she could hurt me and get revenge on her ex...I told her the way to get revenge was to find happiness...with or without a man...not to hurt someone else the way she was hurt..James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Loves' Death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary