navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Me
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina

0 posted 2000-10-11 02:24 PM

You see my face
you hear my words
but does anyone really
understand the way I really am?

You see my smile
you see my tears
but does that make you
understand my heart
that doesn't heal

You see my actions
you see my ways
but does that make you
understand my inside
that can never come out

So many ways you don't know me
The way my tears fall endlessly
with no control and then you wander
why I am this way.

Isn't it better to know
all of me than half of me
for that's where you will
understand who I really am.

Isn't it better to show
The feelings I have deep within
so they don't surface and errupt
suddenly.
Wouldn't you just get to know me
and let me be the happy and even
still the sad.
For it takes a combination
of these things to find out
the true me.

© Copyright 2000 Rose - All Rights Reserved
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
1 posted 2000-10-11 02:42 PM

Yes we do need to take the time to see the real person in each of us.  That is the one that matters and time alone is how that happens...never rushing and always learning,listening, and seeing.  Wonderful write.
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
2 posted 2000-10-11 04:19 PM

YES!! This is what I want to know.   Its better to know all about a person. A thought though...Even WE do not know all of ourselves sometimes, so it would be impossible for others to know us completely too wouldn't it?   Just a thought.   Nice work here.

My name isn't Baby, and I don't want to cyber.

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
3 posted 2000-10-11 04:23 PM

Excellent work!  It's much easier to show
others the real you once you have figured
out who that is...sounds like you have so
the hard part is over   The only thing to
do now is be yourself and know that there's
no one better than that! I enjoyed this~

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
4 posted 2000-10-11 05:07 PM

Rosebud~
beautiful poem! you have penned some wonderful questions in this. be the true you and believe you me...other's won't have to look far to see how wonderful a person you are. i can just tell by beautiful writing just like this, that you are. straight from the heart and soul.
take care.
amy  

"The head learns knew things, but the heart forever more practices old experiences"

Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
5 posted 2000-10-11 11:22 PM

thanks Mark your so kind, and I do think it's very important sometimes not saying a word but just listening just like you said tells you alot about the other person, to me getting to know someone is taking a time to just listen, so when it comes your time to
talk they will be the same.
Wow temptress your so right, but it is all the more better when you can cry on someone's shoulder and they are there for you through your up's and downs and then when you can't know yourself which believe me I have those days they can turn to you and say you know maybe you just need to relax awhile and know that I'm here for you makes things so much better.
Butterfly's dont cry yes your exactly right about being yourself, but as far as me figuring it out no I'm afraid I'm just like everyone else try to learn myself day by day it's amazing how are mind changes ever thought about how often people change there mind.
Thank you Aimster for such wonderful comments I do try to write from my heart and soul, sometimes my heart is way ahead and I have to read back over and thank my soul for being there.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary