navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Looking into my Sweethearts Eyes
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Looking into my Sweethearts Eyes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2000-05-01 06:40 AM

Looking into my Sweethearts Eyes

As for my love life I have no success stories to tell.
Too many failed relationships and heartbreaks have not served who I am so well.
I can only have hope that in the future I will have stories of love and laughter to share
and I will send them out with all my love to all those who truly care.
But wait...Something good happened just last night.
I'm pretty sure I saw the beginning of love in my sweethearts precious eyes.
At first she almost made me cry cause she said she didn't trust me and she wanted to look me right in my eyes.
But I had a logical explanation and as I spilled out my heart her eyes seemed to say...give me your love...don't go away.
Each and every look from her eyes that night was wanted and needed and filled me with delight.
Yes these are the looks I have so deeply desired.
And the eyes that are setting my once lonely heart on fire.
I had so much fun in my sweethearts care...
with her sweetness and my pleasure we made quite a lovely pair.
And everytime I looked into her eyes it gave me new hope that love still survives.
It seemed as if her eyes were saying give me some of that love that I feel
and I knew that my eyes were saying...you better believe that I will.
No doubt all these feelings of pleasure will soon be wonderful memories for me and my love to treasure.
I Love your eyes Lena.

Jameslee@April30,2000

[This message has been edited by jmlee12345 (edited 05-07-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
1 posted 2000-05-01 06:46 AM

James~
This is so sweet   I hope you have shown this to her cause I'm sure she would love to read it and know that thats how you feel  
Tracie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-05-01 06:53 AM

Such hope and desire! I truly believe there are no failures in love ... only lessons and more adventures. What a delightful verse.
/Kit McCallum

Tess
since 2000-03-22
Posts 288
Australia
3 posted 2000-05-01 08:50 AM

Nothing like looking into the eyes of someone and seeing the love reflected there.
These were beautiful thoughts, from a poem that started on a seemingly negative point. Thanks for sharing this with us  

"Love is the only drug you can take that will convince you each time
that you've never had it before."
~author unknown~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-05-01 04:42 PM

Thank you Tracie, Kit, and Tess for reading and your wonderful comments.   Lena will see this soon...I have been sharing poetry with her for awhile...so right...there is nothing like looking into the eyes of love.   James
Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
5 posted 2000-05-01 05:51 PM

With a these wonderful poems you write about Lena, I can't believe she hasn't fallen straight into your arms forever.

Marina

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2000-05-01 06:21 PM

Congratulations James!  I truly hope things work out between you and Lena...Lord knows, you deserve it.

Alicat

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2000-05-01 06:46 PM

Thanks Marina...I think it is happening...we can never escape the need for both hearts to have the same feelings and at the same time.
Thanks Alicat that makes two of us and I hope she feels the same way about me.  James

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
8 posted 2000-05-07 05:11 PM

I spent a little time with Lena last night and it was fun...we talked stories and sang Karaoke.   I reread this poem and decided to retitle it "Looking into my Sweethearts Eyes."   So not a new poem...just a new title.   James
lorilockheart
since 2000-05-06
Posts 206
Alabama
9 posted 2000-05-07 05:31 PM

James,

I love the last line.  Those few words are amazingly powerful, and they just melted my heart.  Any woman wants to hear that.
Please share this with her.
Lori

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
10 posted 2000-05-08 08:43 AM

Thank you Lori...I appreciate your melted heart and I promise Lena will get a copy of this.  I have given her lots of my poems and especially she will get this one because it was written only for her.  I told her the other night that she was the most beautiful woman on this whole island...do you think I like her?  I'm putting all my poems together in a book or folder with pictures and everything...I have about 80 poems and Lena will get a copy of that soon.   James
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2004-05-25 01:36 AM

I saw Lena about a month ago...after not seeing her for at least a year...she always looks exactly the same...James
Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
12 posted 2004-05-25 05:23 PM

Such a touching work, from the sadness, to the feeling of loves hope, so much can be found with in the eyes of the one you need, love, adore, as my signature proclaims, I enjoyed this work so very much, thank you for sharing it.

Michelle

I wish all could find the true happiness I have found,,in the eyes of Mike

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Looking into my Sweethearts Eyes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary