navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » dad......
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic dad...... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA

0 posted 2000-04-30 08:47 PM

I miss you so much it makes me cry even to think about how you died.
Maybe in an accident or an automobile, but cold dead murder is how you got killed.
It wasn't a break in, or at a bar it was at a house that you thought was called home.
Even to think who could have done it makes me ill to my stomach, You think a stranger or a drunken buddy but it was your nephew, my cousin who had done it.
I never got to know you I was only 2
I try to remember, when you held me or even the times you had to just touch me.
All I have are pictures but no memories, cuz it was to long ago to remember you.
I listen to stories, I cry myself to sleep, I kiss your picture goodnight hoping I'll see you in my dreams.

I love you dad

© Copyright 2000 Amanda - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-04-30 08:57 PM

Cutie~
This is very heartbreaking.
It must have been difficult
for you to write.
What tragedy, hon.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Welcome to Passion's.
I hope you will come to think of us as
'family'.
Love to you.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

DiObear
since 2000-04-30
Posts 66
Switzerland
2 posted 2000-04-30 08:59 PM

Such a sad story.  I don't even know what to say except that I hope it helps you to keep his memory through your writing.

netswan
since 2000-03-28
Posts 1369
Washington
3 posted 2000-05-01 08:00 PM

Ah Cutie, this is so sad.
Thanks for sharing with us.
It is sad loss for a child to not
have a father -- I hope you have
found a male mentor in your life to
help make up for this pain inside you.

netswan

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
4 posted 2000-05-01 11:12 PM

Cutie,

Very touching, the world is filled with so much understanding and knowledge, why is it they can't be found..? A gun, a knife, a suicide, premeditated or justified..? Still it makes no sense. Bless you and welcome to Passions.

If I could paint a portrait, of this life in which I've led, and somehow sketch a story, of the visions in my head, I'd start out with a canvas, stretched tightly in a frame, and in the bottom corner, I'd leave room to sign my name. (Michelle A. Bartley)

winterinblue
since 1999-12-29
Posts 32

5 posted 2000-05-01 11:23 PM

I read your poem with tears in my eyes.  I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your dad, before you could even remember him.  It is so very sad.  I wish he was there to just catch you up in his arms.  I'm sure he would give you a great big hug if he could.

My children, whose father left us before the second was born, and went away, never met their father until he was murdered thirteen years later.  He was shot in the head as he drove his taxi.  We have the news footage as our memory of him.  His children were thirteen and fifteen then.  They met him first while he lay in his coffin.  Their grief was terrible, as they realized that now, they could never look him up; never find him; never get to know him.

I'm so very, very sorry that you lost your dad when you were only two, and he sounds like he was a good daddy, too, with you in the pictures.  Just know he loved you.  And I hope you both meet in Heaven, where there is no parting, ever again.

You could e-mail me any time you want to.  I care very much.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » dad......

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary