navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » sugarbunny
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic sugarbunny Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rene
since 2000-04-24
Posts 113

0 posted 2000-04-28 08:27 PM

essentialy i am to me
a blood splash on a tear stained cheek
the point at which the blade came in
and took away a world of sin

whispered about in secret rhymes
i am a stopped clock of our times
wanted by the graveyard gates
imprisoned by the walls of fate

she licked my lips and flew by night
and i never saw her shine so bright

© Copyright 2000 rene - All Rights Reserved
Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
1 posted 2000-05-01 01:37 AM

This poem is very deep and strong.  I come away puzzled at the meaning of the title, and yes, some of the poem too.  But the sorrowing, disturbing puzzle of the words are what good poetry is all about.  I'm sorry I missed it before.  It's powerful and filled with emotion.  I was especially moved by the line "i am a stopped clock of our times" - that gives me chills.  I have known that feeling.
Very good poem.
~ ~ ~

The spiritual wind that holds survivors aloft, plants the seeds from which bloom new hope ... R.J.G.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2000-05-01 04:19 AM

Took me awhile to get past the title, too...glad I did...(sugarbunny was a bit too soon after Easter...)  Again, so glad I did...not what I expected...and I do so love surprises...Thanks...great work.
rene
since 2000-04-24
Posts 113

3 posted 2000-05-01 07:51 PM

thank you for posting your thought's. i don't have much time and so i don't get to look at many, glad you liked it.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » sugarbunny

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary